Windows 10: Laptop won't boot

Discus and support Laptop won't boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had to replace hard drive on y laptop, but when I try to reinstall Windows 10 it tells me that it can't boot. What should the Bios settings be?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TommysgirlBW, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Laptop won't boot

I had to replace hard drive on y laptop, but when I try to reinstall Windows 10 it tells me that it can't boot. What should the Bios settings be?

:)

TommysgirlBW, Aug 18, 2018
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Aug 18, 2018
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. nmrm Win User

Laptop won't boot

computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

Thema:

Laptop won't boot

1. Laptop won't boot - Similar Threads - Laptop won't boot

2. ASUS laptop won't boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASUS laptop won't boot: Hi guys, I have a bit of a problem with my laptop. Last week my SSD died, so I bought a new one. First connected it to my PC to install windows 11, went smooth, I copied all boot files and created BCD store through cmd on the new drive, tested everything on my PC. Then...
  3. Laptop Won't Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Won't Boot: I tried to reinstall windows and formatted all drives in the choose your installation drive menu formatting the system recovery but Windows Installation failed and now my laptop is stuck on logo and cant go to recovery mode, bios and cant use the flash drivemedia creation...
  4. Laptop won't boot-up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop won't boot-up: Hi, my Granddaughter's HP Stream laptop will not boot-up, I have tried the repair my computer facility, fixmbr, fixboot, rebuildbcd, chkdsk, system restore, previous copy of windows unfortunately none of which work as I either get "unable to repair your computer" or the...
  5. Laptop won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't boot: I seem to have killed my laptop. It did a Windows 10 update I think and asked me to restart now or later. I chose later but forgot and logged off normally. Next day, it would not boot up. It gives me the makers name HP then the the spinning wheel of dots forever. What have I...
  6. Laptop won't boot

Laptop won't boot: I'm using an HP Pavilion g7 with Intel i3. It was working perfectly until, all of a sudden, it won't boot. I turn it on and get my opening screen. Then: press any key to get the box where I enter my password. But it won't give me the box. It keeps reverting to the opening...
  7. Laptop Won't Boot Up

Laptop Won't Boot Up: Every time I login, a blue screen with this in it pops up: C:\ Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe" After this, my laptop won't do anything. What can I do?...
  8. laptop won't boot

laptop won't boot: my HP laptop is giving me the error: Hard Drive Short DST Check: Failed Failure ID: GGAPVK-7GD9GE-XD7V6K-60XD03 What's wrong and how do I fix it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-boot/7f431665-4250-4d3f-9848-006f52b58cda
  9. Laptop won't boot

Laptop won't boot: I've been having some trouble with my HP Pavilion 15, after the recent Windows update. It boots to a BSD, displays the error message 0xc0000428, and won't go any further. System Restore doesn't work, with error 0x80070780. I don't have another PC to make a bootable image, and...
  10. Laptop won't boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't boot.: Hello everyone. Recently(September) I bought a new laptop, with an i7, a ssd with windows 10 installed in it and a hard drive 1tb for memory. However, 3 weeks after I bought it, the ssd suddenly disappeared. I googled about that and i saw it was a common problem so i let...