Windows 10: Laptop Wont Function

Discus and support Laptop Wont Function in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; help......had it on, then bunch of opaque dime size circles started floating at top, couldnt do a thing. reboooted couple of times, did w-defender scan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ImLost, Jul 27, 2018.

1. ImLost Win User

Laptop Wont Function

help......had it on, then bunch of opaque dime size circles started floating at top, couldnt do a thing. reboooted couple of times, did w-defender scan check, malware bytes. Cursor wont move, things shaky. Did comp break down, or I got some type of virus? Scary for a non-tech type like me, anything I can do before I figure it's no good now and I have to buy another?

:)

ImLost, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Jul 27, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 27, 2018
  4. geoffers Win User

Laptop Wont Function

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!

• Laptop Wont Function [​IMG]

geoffers, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Wont Function

1. Laptop Wont Function - Similar Threads - Laptop Wont Function

2. My laptop screen is a bit static and keyboard wont function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen is a bit static and keyboard wont function: I was playing genshin impact when all of a sudden the screen had some colourful static lines, and i tried emergency shutting down it didnt work. My keyboard isnt working. What do i do?...
  3. My laptop screen is a bit static and keyboard wont function

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop screen is a bit static and keyboard wont function: I was playing genshin impact when all of a sudden the screen had some colourful static lines, and i tried emergency shutting down it didnt work. My keyboard isnt working. What do i do?...
  4. My laptop screen is a bit static and keyboard wont function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop functions not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop functions not working: My laptop keeps suddenly opening the screenshot option and when that happens it will keep repeating this action over and over for quite sometime.After this happens my keyboard keys won't be able to function and I have to restart my laptop multiple times before I am able to...
  6. Laptop functions not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop functions not working: My laptop keeps suddenly opening the screenshot option and when that happens it will keep repeating this action over and over for quite sometime.After this happens my keyboard keys won't be able to function and I have to restart my laptop multiple times before I am able to...
  7. Laptop functions not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Irregularity in laptop functioning.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Irregularity in laptop functioning.: High gpu and CPU usage in idle condition, battery capacity suddenly very low, two unknown exe files running. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/irregularity-in-laptop-functioning/0b048418-a97e-427c-bcf4-26c108bfabcc
  9. Windows functions wont open/run

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows functions wont open/run: Hello, This is my very first post on the forum. Please guide me till i get accustomed . My Windows started acting funny suddenly. 1.My login password went missing and i was able to login directly. 2.I cannot open START menu (by mouse click or win button). Nothing happens....
  10. search field and cortana wont function

in Windows 10 Support
    search field and cortana wont function: Hi all I installed a new version of Windows 10 pro. The search function and cortana was working fine. My IT person joined the company domain and everything still worked correctly. We did updates and lost the use of the search bar and cortana. The start button works fine...