Windows 10: laptop won't restart

Discus and support laptop won't restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hy, i bought lenovo g50-30 last week. installed Windows 7 (have licence) and updated to Windows 10. everything seemed ok. after that i decided to clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by django987, Oct 3, 2015.

1. django987 Win User

laptop won't restart

hy, i bought lenovo g50-30 last week. installed Windows 7 (have licence) and updated to Windows 10. everything seemed ok. after that i decided to clean install Windows 10. That's where my problems started...

during install when laptop needed to reboot, it didn't, and i made force shutdown, and after turn it on and continued installation. After finish laptop is running normaly. but i can't restart it.

every time i try, it stuck on lenovo screen, and nothings happens. i shutdown it on button, and then turn on and laptop boot ok. so i can shutdown but can't restart my laptop.

already tried disable fast boot but with no success.

please help. tnx.

:)

django987, Oct 3, 2015
  2. Verena2 Win User

8.1 did not restore after leaving W10. Why am I not surprised?

Laptop won't restart - any suggestions?

Verena2, Oct 3, 2015
  3. Laptop won't complete restart.

My laptop has been circling around on restart for almost 6 hours now. Nothing will even turn it off.

It's an Acer Aspire E15 Touch....Windows 10.

Help please!

DanielleHennin, Oct 3, 2015
  4. EdTittel Win User

laptop won't restart

You must construct a bootable Windows 10 install USB Flash Drive (UFD: you'll find instructions and a download link at Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help
    ). Boot from the UFD, and see if you can use it repair your current installation. If that doesn't do the trick, post again here, and we'll work through the sequence of next steps together.
    Good luck!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 3, 2015
  5. damocles Win User
    Sometimes a computer 'seems' liked it has hanged....some updates take longer than you think. NEVER force shut down during a o/s installation as you will only cause problems. I am no saint btw I have bricked a few computers in my time updating the bios - now, I have an 'if ain't broke don't fix it' attitude. I cannot see the point of a clean install if all is OK.

damocles, Oct 3, 2015
  6. KACI Win User
    If you just installed 7 was there a reason for the clean install? Have you tried going into the bios and turning off fast start? If all else fails it my be faster in the long run to start over with 7. Next time you might want to make an image before doing a clean install.

KACI, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

laptop won't restart

1. laptop won't restart - Similar Threads - laptop won't restart

2. My laptop won't stop restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't stop restarting.: My laptop won't stop restarting. It's on a loop to updating, restarting for days now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-stop-restarting/da2cb3be-0459-480b-85d4-d7c3f5bfc6b5
  3. My laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop won't restart: HiMy laptop won't restart when I select that option or when updates are installed and it reboots.It acts as if it has turned off, the displays go into low power mode, but it doesn't appear to switch off, but I can't use it, the screen goes black and I can't reactivate it with...
  4. My laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't restart: HiMy laptop won't restart when I select that option or when updates are installed and it reboots.It acts as if it has turned off, the displays go into low power mode, but it doesn't appear to switch off, but I can't use it, the screen goes black and I can't reactivate it with...
  5. My laptop won't restart

6. Laptop won't restart or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't restart or shut down: If I attempt to restart the laptop it shows the black screen with the dots rotating with the "restarting" text on it and nothing happens, If I try to shut down the same happens only with the "shutting down" text. I tried shutting down all programs before turning off and It...
  7. My Laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop won't restart: So i have this Dell Latitude E6320 i really need to update this laptop but the problem is it doesn't restart, Once i click the restart button the screen turns off but the keyboard light is still on, it stays like that forever. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  8. My Laptop won't restart

My Laptop won't restart: So i have this Dell Latitude E6320 i really need to update this laptop but the problem is it doesn't restart, Once i click the restart button the screen turns off but the keyboard light is still on, it stays like that forever. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?...
  9. My Laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Laptop won't restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won't restart: I have a Toshiba L650D Laptop running windows 10 and I did a system restore and left the computer overnight and it didn't restart so I have turned it off and restarted the computer multiple times and but I just get a blank screen...