Windows 10: Laptop works, then hangs and goes into automatic repair

Discus and support Laptop works, then hangs and goes into automatic repair in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can someone help me out here? I miss posted the thread to the wrong section, it's here : Laptop works, then hangs and goes into automatic repair -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marko1401, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Marko1401 Win User

Laptop works, then hangs and goes into automatic repair

Can someone help me out here?

I miss posted the thread to the wrong section, it's here :
    Laptop works, then hangs and goes into automatic repair - Windows 10 Forums

Can a moderator move it to this section?

I seem to have a problem, my laptop works ok then all of a sudden hangs, reboots and goes into recovery mode/automatic repair.
    It started acting this way as of yesterday.

Thanks a lot,

Marko

:)

Marko1401, Aug 12, 2016
  2. John Zab Win User

Preparing automatic repair, then it goes black

In that case, you'll need to download the ISO file from another PC. Once the download is complete, follow these steps:

• Insert the installation media you created.
    • Open your PC, select 5 or F5 to open
      Safe Mode with Networking
    • Then follow the steps on the
      Wiki Article
      by Andre Da Costa.
    Keep us posted.

John Zab, Aug 12, 2016
  3. M-Wing Win User
    Preparing automatic repair, then it goes black

Hi, thanks for the help. But unfortunately I am unable to do the steps given as my laptop never reaches the sign-in page meaning I can't access the desktop. When I turn it on it says 'preparing automatic repair' then goes black, and doesn't change.

M-Wing, Aug 12, 2016
  4. Barman58 Win User

As you are not getting a BSOD, just a reboot, your post is in the correct place

Barman58, Aug 12, 2016
  5. Marko1401 Win User
    The screen goes "working black" and the a reboot / automatic repair happens.

Marko1401, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop works, then hangs and goes into automatic repair - Similar Threads - Laptop works hangs

2. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues..: this happened after Windows update.. how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-goes-to-automatic-repair-upon-booting-the/2d85ec83-f2ff-42eb-84bd-659f0721f99a
  3. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues..: this happened after Windows update.. how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-goes-to-automatic-repair-upon-booting-the/2d85ec83-f2ff-42eb-84bd-659f0721f99a
  4. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues: pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-goes-to-automatic-repair-upon-booting-the/c04eded7-9fa2-4ac3-ab6a-657ad8b2255c
  6. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues: pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-goes-to-automatic-repair-upon-booting-the/c04eded7-9fa2-4ac3-ab6a-657ad8b2255c
  7. pc goes to automatic repair upon booting.. the repair does not work and the loop continues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptop goes blank automatically.

Laptop goes blank automatically.: Today i installed Windows 10 after hard disk change. Microsoft support helped me in making bootable pendrive. But my laptop is automatically going blank and no responce to any command even power button. power button light remains on. Only way out is long press power...
  9. Automatic Repair Not Working

Automatic Repair Not Working: My keyboard and mouse completely stop working once I get to the Automatic repair choose your keyboard layout screen. I know my keyboard works because it lets me use it in the BIOS. Just before it loads up, just command prompt quickly pops up with the title as winpeshl.exe....
  10. Laptop works, then hangs and goes into automatic repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop works, then hangs and goes into automatic repair: Hi guys, is there a HW savvy guy here? I seem to have a problem, my laptop works ok then all of a sudden hangs, reboots and goes into recovery mode/automatic repair. could you recommend some software to test the HW part out? 60061