Windows 10: Laptop would only boot from Windows install Disc once now it won't?!

Discus and support Laptop would only boot from Windows install Disc once now it won't?! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I popped in my Windows disc into my external DVD drive, installation started without a hitch, Windows told me I need the driver for the external DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Op88, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Op88 Win User

Laptop would only boot from Windows install Disc once now it won't?!

I popped in my Windows disc into my external DVD drive, installation started without a hitch, Windows told me I need the driver for the external DVD drive that the Window disc is running on in order to continue to install Windows. So I canceled the installation, shut off the laptop, got the driver on a USB stick ready and booted up my laptop ready to install Windows again. However this time around, my laptop would not read/boot from the disc no matter what. I made sure the boot order was changed in the Bios. Any idea how I could fix this? Thank you.

:)

Op88, Sep 1, 2017

2. 0xc0000225 status after Win 10upgrade help!

My computer won't boot!

I don't have an installation disc!

Was working perfectly before install ooh upgrade Windows 10!

Only had my laptop 9 months and use it for school.

However warranty ended after 6 months!

Purchased out brand-new from school!

Wasn't given any disc as my school formatted everything for my classes!

Now only after the upgrade it won't boot up!!!!!!

Help!!!!!! Need my computer for school!!!!!!!

Nickmommy12, Sep 1, 2017
  3. OP88 Win User
    Laptop read Windows installation disc fine first time, now right after, it won't?!

I popped in my Windows disc into my external DVD drive, installation started without a hitch, Windows told me I need the driver for the external DVD drive that the Window disc is running on in order to continue to install Windows. So I canceled the installation,
    shut off the laptop, got the driver on a USB stick ready and booted up my laptop ready to install Windows again. However this time around, my laptop would not read/boot from the disc no matter what. I made sure the boot order was changed in the Bios. Any idea
    how I could fix this? Thank you.

OP88, Sep 1, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

The user manual says to disable boot booster before attempting to boot from USB flash drive or ODD. Did you do that? F2 at post gets you into BIOS setup. Then once you do that, ESC at post will get you into the boot menu screen - does the DVD show up there?

Post means the logo/text just after you power on the computer with the power switch.

NavyLCDR, Sep 1, 2017
  5. Op88 Win User
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, the DVD does show up in the Boot menu in the Bios, I changed the boot priority DVD as #1. There was no boot booster option anywhere. I even tried boot override in the Bios to boot from DVD, still doesn't work. I also tried removing the harddrive as a boot option in the bios and just leave the DVD drive as the only boot option, it started up, then asked me to insert boot media then press any key to continue. I did (dvd drive plugged in) but it just keep asking me for boot media.

Op88, Sep 1, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Do you have another computer available that you could create a Windows 10 USB flash drive with? Just download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and it will create one for you:
    Download Windows 10

DVD's, especially external USB, are notoriously unreliable to install Windows from.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop would only boot from Windows install Disc once now it won't?! - Similar Threads - Laptop boot install

2. Is there a chance that doing a reload boot from a windows disc would help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a chance that doing a reload boot from a windows disc would help?: Hello. I am having problems with my PC. and I cannot reset my PC or access the "advanced" option in troubleshoot.I keep getting the repeated message attempting to log in "Something happened and your PIN isn't available.Click to set up your PIN again." Upon clicking "Set up my...
  3. Is there a chance that doing a reload boot from a windows disc would help?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is there a chance that doing a reload boot from a windows disc would help?: Hello. I am having problems with my PC. and I cannot reset my PC or access the "advanced" option in troubleshoot.I keep getting the repeated message attempting to log in "Something happened and your PIN isn't available.Click to set up your PIN again." Upon clicking "Set up my...
  4. Is there a chance that doing a reload boot from a windows disc would help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Would discs rust?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Would discs rust?: Hi, I have bought some new movies DVD last year, But I haven't played them so far, Would discs deintegrate and rust(I haven't even opened the packets) if I don't play them? 170584
  6. Laptop won't boot. Can only access UEFI. Installation usb won't work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't boot. Can only access UEFI. Installation usb won't work.: Start of the problem: laptop been acting very slow lately so I created a windows 10 installation media usb from a different laptop and used it to reinstall windows 10 on my slow laptop. It was working fine for a few hours until I chose to install my official copy of microsoft...
  7. Windows 10 update now laptop won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update now laptop won't boot: Hello, I have a 5 month old laptop asus F510QA running Windows 10. Last night there was a windows needs to restart to apply changes in the bottom right tray. I clicked restart computer to apply update. Left the room and came back to a computer with a black screen and the...
  8. Boot Disc/USB won't start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Disc/USB won't start: When the computer tries to load windows I get error: 0xc000000e and I have the options to 1 Enter and try again (Does nothing) 2 F1 to enter Recovery Environment (Turns the computer off) 3 F8 for Startup seetings (Nothing) 4 Press Esc to enter UEFI Firmware settings...
  9. boot from disc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot from disc: With Windows 1803 and a Dell XPS 8300 I tried to boot from a flash drive I created with USB universal Installer and the ISO - Mint. I could not get it to boot either by just tapping F 12 and selecting it as I usually do or changing the boot order in the BIOS. I tried another...
  10. Windows won't boot without its install drive (once done)!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't boot without its install drive (once done)!: Hello, so i installed Windows 10 on my laptop disk #2 which already had one on disk #1. Issue is it won't boot without it install drive plugged in, error otherwise! I tried "fixing" with easyBCD but no luck. This is UEFI by the way. and EFI partition is on disk #1. This disk...