Windows 10: Laptops for Physics Major Freshman?

Discus and support Laptops for Physics Major Freshman? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Laptops for Physics Major Freshman? =================================== Hi, Is there a certain laptop we should purchase for son who is attending... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MDRI, Jul 1, 2016.

1. MDRI Win User

Laptops for Physics Major Freshman?

===================================

Hi, Is there a certain laptop we should purchase for son who is attending in the fall? He will be a physics major with Astrophysics goal. He is not a big fan of apple. He want to go for intel i7 + NVIDIA graphics card. I find there are theft risk at colleges for laptops/electronics. I am concerned of bringing high end laptop with graphics into the mix may distract from academics and glue to video gaming.

Is he on right direction?

How do we protect from theft? *Cool

He has a Lenovo ideapad Z580 already.

Thanks for sharing.

:)

MDRI, Jul 1, 2016

2. How to identify Nokia N80 Internet Edition, from the looks?

Hi,

One major difference (physical) will be the color of "SD DOOR COVER" which will be of Patina.

cheers,

sanju

sanju---01, Jul 1, 2016
  3. Battery for C6-01

What are all the compatible batteries for C6-01, as BL-5CT is out of Stock in physical nokia stores as well as in major online retailers.

prasanjit---01, Jul 1, 2016
  4. pyramid10 Win User

His first year in school won't be rigorous physics-wise. Even mathematics would only delve into proofs rather than calculations. Thus, a decent laptop is sufficient.

Ask again in a year, if he is looking forward to knocking down the doors to the Hall of Physics.

pyramid10, Jul 1, 2016
Thema:

1. Laptops for Physics Major Freshman? - Similar Threads - Laptops Physics Major

2. Physical Damage to Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Physical Damage to Laptop: Recently, I found myself in a frustrating situation while working on an essay using one of my older laptops. In a moment of frustration, I let out my annoyance by slamming my hand onto the lower right section of the laptop, the very spot where my hand usually rested during...
  3. Physical Damage to Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Physical Damage to Laptop: Recently, I found myself in a frustrating situation while working on an essay using one of my older laptops. In a moment of frustration, I let out my annoyance by slamming my hand onto the lower right section of the laptop, the very spot where my hand usually rested during...
  4. Physical Damage to Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop audio buzzing, and physical Laptop popping.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop audio buzzing, and physical Laptop popping.: I'm having some odd issues with my audio. I should note that these problems started after I started using an external monitor as my only display, they didn't start immediately after so it's hard for me to make out any correlation. Also this likely is not related but the first...
  6. Laptop audio buzzing, and physical Laptop popping.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop audio buzzing, and physical Laptop popping.: I'm having some odd issues with my audio. I should note that these problems started after I started using an external monitor as my only display, they didn't start immediately after so it's hard for me to make out any correlation. Also this likely is not related but the first...
  7. Laptop audio buzzing, and physical Laptop popping.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Laptop 'physical problem'.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop 'physical problem'.: My asus vivobook flip 14 won't close all the way down. Like when I am done from using in it and I just want to flip it all the way down or close it after use. There a gap between the screen and the keyboard which is not a big deal but its annoying. Is there a solution for...
  9. How to cool a laptop physically.

How to cool a laptop physically.: Hello, I am having a Lenovo Ideapad 520 laptop. can anyone suggest me, how to make a laptop cool physically? Where is the fans located? Vents located for ventilations?? They are two vents on the below side. What is the purpose of these two vents? is it responsible for...
  10. Major Disk usage with Dell Laptop

Major Disk usage with Dell Laptop: Hey everyone, I've had this problem with this laptop since I've gotten it. Background processes tend to randomly spike and cause 100% disk usage, which causes major performance issues. I use this laptop to play games and do college essay work, and often times it'll lock up...