Windows 10: Large amount of Paged Pool memory usage over time

Discus and support Large amount of Paged Pool memory usage over time in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been fighting with this for some time and I can't figure out what it is. Over time, my Paged Pool memory usage keeps climbing until eventually I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by alphajoe, Dec 9, 2016.

1. alphajoe Win User

Large amount of Paged Pool memory usage over time

I have been fighting with this for some time and I can't figure out what it is. Over time, my Paged Pool memory usage keeps climbing until eventually I have to reboot to clear it out. It is a tough problem to search for because most people seem to have a problem with non-paged pool memory and all of those problems get included in the search results.

I have 32GB of RAM and once the paged pool reaches around 18GB or so it starts to bog down and get sluggish. And when I say 18GB, I mean 18GB with nothing open. I have my typical tray stuff, which I have tried killing, but nothing releases the RAM. I have let it climb all the way to 32GB before, but then the computer becomes useless and took about a half hour or so to shut down.

When I run Rammap it shows that paged pool is huge, and in the process list there is a process called MemCompression that has an extremely large amount of RAM in use. Not the full size of the paged pool, but definitely really big.

There are several threads talking about using Poolmon to track down processes using lots of paged or non-paged pool memory, but the process on mine that is extremely large has a tag of Se, which is tough to search for in the strings because virtually every file has Se in it somewhere.

Right now I just rebooted again, so the usage is back to "normal" (if you consider 11GB memory in use normal for just having Chrome open) and my paged pool is around 2GB or so. It will increase again by this evening, so I will get some screen grabs of the Rammap and the process list. Any other screens I can grab that might help?

:)

alphajoe, Dec 9, 2016

2. Paged Pool Memory Increasing Over Time

hi

i haven't updated windows yet. few days back, i didn't have this issue. in task manager, background processes are showing they are not responsible, just the "paged pool" size is increasing. i don't know what might cause it. all my drivers are updated i believe.

Large amount of Paged Pool memory usage over time [​IMG]

(now it is 1.5gb)

Large amount of Paged Pool memory usage over time [​IMG]

sadik.simoom, Dec 9, 2016
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Paged Pool Memory Increasing Over Time

Hi Sadik,

High memory consumption may have occurred due to non updated components. We would recommend that you install the latest update for Windows 10. You can check the article about Windows 10 Update History.

To check for updates, select the Start button and then go to Settings
    > Update & security > Windows Update, and select
    Check for updates.

Kindly check this article:
    May 9, 2017—KB4019472 (OS Build 14393.1198).

Let us know if you still encounter this issue after installing the latest build for Windows 10.

Xylee Del, Dec 9, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Try this (free) Sourceforge memory leak detection tool: I've seen it mentioned, used, and praised in other threads here (and in EightForums) as well as on the Microsoft forums: Windows Leaks Detector.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Large amount of Paged Pool memory usage over time - Similar Threads - Large amount Paged

2. high memory usage over time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    high memory usage over time?: Hello, For a while now I've been having an issue where my memory usage will ramp up over time after a restart up until I have around 70-ish% memory usage despite no processes showing up in task manager that use anywhere close to that many resources. It's not a hugely...
  3. Paged/Non-Paged Pool Memory Leak?

Paged/Non-Paged Pool Memory Leak?: Windows 10 Pro v1909 Intel i5-8250U 8GB RAM I updated to v1909 from v1809 back in December, and since then, I've noticed that my Memory used at idle and my paged/non-paged pool is significantly more than it used to be, particularly after my computer has been running for...
  4. Paged pool and non paged pool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Paged pool and non paged pool: So i have just noticed when i went into my task manager that there were these things called paged and non paged pool and i started to research on it. After researching i found that i have abnormal amounts of paged and non paged memory [ATTACH]refer to the imagine below What...
  5. Non paged pool memory leak

Non paged pool memory leak: Hi all, I am having a non paged pool memory leak. As far as i'm aware all drivers are up to date. https://imgur.com/Vo3QeUe https://imgur.com/a/IdzFZE5 Would really appreciate any support to getting this resolved, a reboot temporarily fixes it, but after a few hours it...
  6. High Non-Paged Pool Usage

High Non-Paged Pool Usage: Hello, Recently I've noticed my RAM usage increased to near 95-100% usage since I installed the latest update for version 1909 after several hours over 20 of usage. I've done a bit of research into the problem and found out that the non-paged pool size increases to 6+ GB...
  7. Large non-paged pool size

Large non-paged pool size: Hello, Recently I've noticed my RAM usage increased to near 95-100% usage since I installed the latest update for version 1909 after several hours (over 20) of usage. I've done a bit of research into the problem and found out that the non-paged pool size increases to 6+ GB...
  8. paged pool memory increasing over time

paged pool memory increasing over time: hi I have a same problem as described in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paged-pool-memory-increasing-over-time/53a36e46-777c-424f-bc58-dfa09f199352 I did reset windows and updated it but nothing changed. could someone help me please?...
  9. Memory Usage (non-paged pool) etwB

Memory Usage (non-paged pool) etwB: Whenever i start my pc the non-paged pool already starts at 1.7GB. I used poolmon to find out what the reason could be and it turns out there is something called "etwB" which uses 1.7GB, but it doesnt change. Now i am wondering what it is and if i could remove it....
  10. Windows 10 Paged Pool Memory Increasing Over Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Paged Pool Memory Increasing Over Time: PC info: ASUS X555LN Notebook RAM: 8 GB OS: Windows 10 (Build: 14393.0) i use my pc for long period of time (~10 hrs a day). don't remember ever faced this HUGE RAM CONSUMPTION issue for over 1.5 year. now, my ram consumption gradually increases over time. with no...