Windows 10: Large HDD's (User not commercial grade) Reliability question

Discus and support Large HDD's (User not commercial grade) Reliability question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there Anybody using the larger 2, 3, and 4TB HDD's yet. I'm curious as to their MTBF's (Mean time before Failure) or in plain English how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Aug 9, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Large HDD's (User not commercial grade) Reliability question

Hi there

Anybody using the larger 2, 3, and 4TB HDD's yet. I'm curious as to their MTBF's (Mean time before Failure) or in plain English how reliable are they if left on for often up to 18 hrs a day.

I'm speaking generally of CONSUMER grade HDD's (the sort of things individuals buy) not the commercial grade HDD's that are used in professional server systems.

I know HDD's do fail but nothing like as often as they could do -- at least that's been my experience.

SSD's are great for OS'es etc but for things like multi-media and office type data there's no reason to go for expensive SSD's. These large HDD's also IMO make good archival storage and backup too.

Anybody with decent experience of these

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 9, 2015

2. CorelDraw X6 Program Not Working Correctly Since Installing Windows 10

Thank Konan. I helps to know someone else has experienced problems. CorelDraw doesn't seem to be interested. They just say I should up-grade. But I am not a commercial user, I use Corel to assist my hobbies.

ChristineShefford, Aug 9, 2015
  3. SIP-to-SIP calls not possible on N9

SIP is SIP, no matter if you are large or small, commercial or non-commercial, Entreprise or whatever.

All you need to do is enter your users as <extension>@123.456.789.012

The N9 works just fine with a SIP PABX.

Julf_Helsingius, Aug 9, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

I have been using few large HD's of 2TB and recently bought a 5TB HD. My experience is never use them as an external HD in an enclosure, they generate too much heat then will fail in less than 1, 2yrs. Use them as internal where you have a fan blowing directly and keep the temp under 32C then they'll last a long time. C & E are SSD's. D & F are mechanical Drives of 5TB & 2TB. All temps are in mid 20C:

Large HDD's (User not commercial grade)  Reliability question [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

1. Large HDD's (User not commercial grade) Reliability question - Similar Threads - Large HDD's User

2. up grade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    up grade: how do l update from windows 10 to 11 thank you in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/up-grade/5a9e92a4-f13e-49ed-91e7-ad2569cb2ff2
  3. Question about Minecraft commercial policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Minecraft commercial policies: Hi,I couldn't find a clear answer to this. Is it against the user agreement to sell plots of land in Minecraft? For example, if I built a castle and sold it, would that be allowed. I also saw online that placing advertisements inside Minecraft is not allowed, but I couldn't...
  4. SSD large written question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD large written question: Looking for explanation if possible. Relatively new computer Febuary 2020 , 256Evo Pro ssd as OS only , 1TB Evo as programs and storage ,with a 4TB USB drive for backups and storage. Evo pro with 47GB of used yet samsung magician software shows 2 Tb written in such a short...
  5. External HDD Questions

External HDD Questions: I am using a HP 860-050na, 16gb ram, 8GB AMD RX Vega GPU. Latest Windows 10 Updates (ver 2004). All drivers are up to date. Hey all, I have a few questions regarding external hdd usage. I have 4 8TB Seagate backup plus external drives (also 1 internal ssd and 1 internal 4TB...
  6. Question mark on HDD

Question mark on HDD: my hdd has a blue question mark symbol on it. i cant access the drive and it is not shown on the disk management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-mark-on-hdd/18387b81-7a88-4936-92ef-41552dbaf302
  7. HDD & Questions

HDD & Questions: Hi. I Just want to ask: Is there is a way that my HDD's memory can be added to my laptop's internal memory without unscrewing the whole thing? (Made by Toshiba and Serial Number: 11364496) How I can view my asked questions on the microsoft page? Thanks, always waiting...
  8. Down grading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Down grading: How do you down upgrade from Windows 10 pro to Windows 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/down-grading/c6a0dee1-7cc5-4f29-9285-5abf5794cbae
  9. Question regarding Reliability History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question regarding Reliability History: Hi all. Just a quick question. I just bought a new game and there been a few patches since it's come out and, ever so gradually, it's taken a little bit longer to load up and start since the latest patch was released a few days ago. The issue I'm having is whenever I quit...
  10. Reliability Monitor Questions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reliability Monitor Questions: Hi, and thanks for taking the time to look over my question. My question is about the Reliability Monitor. First, I am not showing any entries at all. Not even any blue update notifications, which have been there in the past. Is there any reason these entries are no...