Windows 10: Large space between icons on bottom toolbar

Discus and support Large space between icons on bottom toolbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Instead of the icons being right next to each other on my bottom toolbar, there is about a one inch gap between them; anyway to get them to be right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wase4711, Jun 12, 2015.

1. wase4711 Win User

Large space between icons on bottom toolbar

Instead of the icons being right next to each other on my bottom toolbar, there is about a one inch gap between them; anyway to get them to be right next to each other, the way they always have been?

thanks!

:)

wase4711, Jun 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 Taskbar

The metrics are Ok.

I found that the bottom padding (1/4 inch gap) appears when you set the Toolbar (in the Taskbar) is set to "Large icons". Right-click Taskbar, uncheck "Lock the taskbar".

Right-click "Desktop" toolbar (right on the caption), click View > Small icons.

Lock the taskbar.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jun 12, 2015
  3. Moving toolbars to next to System Tray with Windows 10

I have two custom toolbars on the Taskbar. With Windows 8.1, they are located in the right corner area just to left of the System Tray icons "up arrow". When I upgraded to Windows 10, there is about a 2 inch space between the toolbars and the System Tray
    icons "up arrow". How can I move the toolbars right next to the System Tray icons "up arrow" and not waste that space on the Taskbar?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

BarryKoopersmith, Jun 12, 2015
  4. Charlie Win User

Hi
    Have you tried to move the taskbar to the left or right side of the screen. Or the top? Right click the taskbar and click on unlock it. Grab it by clicking on it and holding down the mouse button, move it. Grab the icons and switch the order of them.

Charlie, Jun 12, 2015
  5. wase4711 Win User
    I cant grab it because there arent any "open" spaces on it to grab..every single inch has something on it..

wase4711, Jun 12, 2015
  6. just a thought, but if you have wide spaces, has tablet mode been accidentally turned on from the notification centre

paulsalter, Jun 12, 2015
  7. wase4711 Win User
    no, I just checked, no tablet mode

wase4711, Jun 12, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Try changing the taskbar settings in the settings app, e.g. make the icon smaller so you can follow Charlie's instructions.

Cliff S, Jun 12, 2015
  9. wase4711 Win User
    actually, I fixed it by removing every icon from the tastbar, shutting down completely, then rebooting..I re-added the shortcuts one by one, and now its back to normal!
    thanks for your suggestions!

wase4711, Jun 12, 2015
  10. Charlie Win User
    wase
    Ok thanks for telling us your fix. Glad you was able to get it done. Enjoy *Party

Charlie, Jun 12, 2015
  11. wase4711 Win User
    my pleasure!

All things considered, for a pre release OS, this thing runs really nice...I'm sure all these weird glitches will get fixed in the near future..

wase4711, Jun 12, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Ah! Weird glitches happen on 7 & 8 too*Smile sometimes, the question is are they one time happenings or not.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Large space between icons on bottom toolbar - Similar Threads - Large space between

2. Some of my bottom toolbar icon disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some of my bottom toolbar icon disappear: Sometimes when a start up my laptop there are three icons on the quick start toolbar missing, its always the the same three icons although im still able to use the blank spaces to open up the apps ie ebay. I have been able to restore these icons in the past i have forgotten...
  3. Some of my bottom toolbar icon disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some of my bottom toolbar icon disappear: Sometimes when a start up my laptop there are three icons on the quick start toolbar missing, its always the the same three icons although im still able to use the blank spaces to open up the apps ie ebay. I have been able to restore these icons in the past i have forgotten...
  4. Some of my bottom toolbar icon disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon: Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-version-22h2-desktop-was-arranged-with/82242151-4267-4bf7-9845-ca2850952ebc
  6. Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon: Windows 11, version 22H2 desktop was arranged with large spacing between each icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-version-22h2-desktop-was-arranged-with/82242151-4267-4bf7-9845-ca2850952ebc
  7. Physical spacing between desktop icons is way too large and cannot be changed.

Physical spacing between desktop icons is way too large and cannot be changed.: No matter what I do with the resolution or hold control or any of those "answers" before from the experts. It does nothing to help this issue. Apparently, many others as well yet we still get the whole patronizing "just hold down the control and roll your mouse up and down."...
  8. dead-space between tray icons and toolbars

dead-space between tray icons and toolbars: i just noticed on all 3 of my workstations that there is a new section of "dead space" between my toolbars and tray icons.moving/reordering the tray icons doesn nothing...they just re-sort and stay to the right end.and the toolbars are immovable. i can turn on 1 or 2 or 3 or...
  9. Large gap between taskbar and desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Large gap between taskbar and desktop icons?: submitted by /u/MassiR77 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1ge8n/large_gap_between_taskbar_and_desktop_icons/
  10. Space between, "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Space between, "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar": hi there, unfortunately there is this 1 cm gap between my "Desktop Icons" and "Windows toolbar" and i have searched on google but didn't find anything, have anyone has ever crossed such issue before? there... i added an screenshot, thank u very much for your attention....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toolbar space is large and icons are