Windows 10: Larger than "Extra Large" image thumbnails without lower resolution??

Discus and support Larger than "Extra Large" image thumbnails without lower resolution?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it possible to make image thumbnails within a folder larger than the "extra large" option without lowering the screen resolution? I'm a designer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mucci, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Mucci Win User

Larger than "Extra Large" image thumbnails without lower resolution??

Is it possible to make image thumbnails within a folder larger than the "extra large" option without lowering the screen resolution?

I'm a designer and constantly sifting through folders of dozens of images. With my new Surface Book the resolution is so high that the "Extra Large" image thumbnails are too small. On my last laptop the images would get so big that only 3-4 would fit horizontally in the window. Now 9-10 are packed in the same viewing area.

:)

Mucci, Jul 5, 2016
  2. ddlinke Win User

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

To repeat...this is a screen resolution issue with Windows 10. At lower resolutions "Extra Large" makes a difference, but at higher resolutions "Large" and "Extra Large" are the same size.

ddlinke, Jul 5, 2016
  3. How do I get Windows to generate thumbnails for images larger than 10000kb in size?

So this one gets curiouser and curiouser.

In my regular user profile, the images above 10000kb don't generate thumbnails.

In my admin user profile, the images above 10000kb don't generate thumbnails.

Our IT department's admin profile generates thumbnails for JPGs larger than 10000kb, but not any other commonly thumbnailed image format (no BMP, no PNG, no TIFF thumbnails).

The thumbnails that that account sees for large JPGs don't show up when loaded by my accounts!

Patrick-SCS, Jul 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Really need a screenshot., What resolution are you using?

bro67, Jul 6, 2016
  5. topgundcp Win User
    You can turn on the preview pane as shown:

Larger than "Extra Large" image thumbnails without lower resolution?? [​IMG]

Or use a portable freeware: FastStone Image Viewer 5.7
    which gives you a lot more options including the thumnail size.

topgundcp, Jul 6, 2016
  6. Mucci Win User
    Here's a screenshot in "Extra Large" thumbnail view. Each thumbnail is less than an inch wide to give you some perspective. Ideally I'd like them to be 2-3x larger.

Having to flip through the preview pane just isn't as fast as scanning through things visually when you're dealing with 100+ photos.

Is there no way to fix this in Windows without using third party software and without lowering my resolution?

Mucci, Jul 8, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    Again what resolution do you have your device set at? Are you using an external monitor with the Surface?

bro67, Jul 9, 2016
  8. Mucci Win User

Display is at 3000 x 2000. No external monitor.

Mucci, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Larger than "Extra Large" image thumbnails without lower resolution?? - Similar Threads - Larger Extra Large

2. make Windows 11 photo thumbnails larger than extra large in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    make Windows 11 photo thumbnails larger than extra large in file explorer: Now using Windows 11. When I open File Explorer to view photo thumbnails and set the view to Extra Large, it is not any larger than when I set the view to Large. The only difference between Large and Extra Large is that the spacing between thumbnails gets larger -- not the...
  3. make Windows 11 photo thumbnails larger than extra large in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    make Windows 11 photo thumbnails larger than extra large in file explorer: Now using Windows 11. When I open File Explorer to view photo thumbnails and set the view to Extra Large, it is not any larger than when I set the view to Large. The only difference between Large and Extra Large is that the spacing between thumbnails gets larger -- not the...
  4. Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recommended Resolution lower than the highest resolution: I am using windows 10 pro with AMD rx 570updated driver and in the settings it is showing that the recommended resolutions to be 1024x768 instead of 1920x1080. I of course will prefer to use the latter resolution so should I continue using at the highest resolution and ignore...
  5. Can I Make Win10 Explorer Icons Even Larger than Extra Large?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I Make Win10 Explorer Icons Even Larger than Extra Large?: I have lots of security camera footage which displays in Explorer as very many icons for very many small 10-30 seconds often videos. Which I have to search through. The best tool I can find for this job is right there on Win10 with file explorer. Better than any of my...
  6. Active SIgnal Resolution lower than Desktop Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active SIgnal Resolution lower than Desktop Resolution: I recently got a new monitor Samsung sj55w. its a 3440 x 1440p 75hz monitor. I applied an 85hz overclock to it. I noticed it was looking really grainy while programming. I went to my display settings -> advanced settings and noticed that the active signal resolution is...
  7. Larger image thumbnail than extra large icon in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Larger image thumbnail than extra large icon in Win 10?: Hi, is there a way to make the image thumbnails large than the 'extra large icon' in Win 10 without hiding the image name? submitted by /u/HistoricalTouch0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f9b8ib/larger_image_thumbnail_than_extra_large_icon_in/
  8. Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Large and extra large thumbnails not being shown: Hey, after most of my previous problems have been resolved the thumbnails still seem to be somewhat not working. Whenever I choose large or extra large thumbnails in the View option of the explorer they are not shown or they are only shown until I refresh / close the...
  9. Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing (Extra Large Icons, Large, Medium....: hey guys, found this (finally) on the net: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2e8ff86?auth=1 None of the solutions helped, except this one: [img] In reply to Pinaki Mohanty's post on April 6, 2013 I...
  10. No Size Difference between Large and Extra Large Thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    No Size Difference between Large and Extra Large Thumbnails: I used to be able to Control scroll with the mouse wheel to expand the thumbnail (icon) size to "Extra Large Icons". Now large and extra large produces the same size thumbnail, but with extra large there is more space between each. How can fix this so the thumbnail actually...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i need bigger than extra large thumbnails

2. larger than extra large image thumbnails without lower resolution??