Windows 10: Last update caused (incorrect) cannot connect to Internet messages

Discus and support Last update caused (incorrect) cannot connect to Internet messages in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop, In-home wireless network, no other computers, running Windows 10. ISP is Cox Communications. After the most recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by samkrit, Dec 30, 2015.

1. samkrit Win User

Last update caused (incorrect) cannot connect to Internet messages

Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop, In-home wireless network, no other computers, running Windows 10. ISP is Cox Communications.
    After the most recent update(s), I now get occasional messages in the lower right corner saying "Cannot connect to the Internet. Please verify your Internet connection and try again". I do not believe those messages, because I do not notice any interruption of anything that I am doing when they appear. The messages are accompanied by a white "I" in a blue dot. The messages appear about every few minutes and stay for about 5 to 10 seconds. I never got these messages before, and I have been using Windows 10 for many months. Please advise. Another update seems to have cleared up the problem. I have marked this as solved. Please see my Quick Reply note from 05/22/2016, which indicates that this problem is unsolved. Thanks,

Sam K.

:)

samkrit, Dec 30, 2015

2. Cannot connect to internet after last update

I cannot connect to the internet or even ping my router (default gateway) ever since a quick power outage triggered the last automatic update. I have pinged the loopback address without any problem and get a clear reading from arp -a. However the troubleshooter
    always says that the DNS is unresponsive. I tried changing from DHCP to configuring everything statically and still had the same problem. Finally I tried doing a System Restore to the point before the update, but because the stupid things are automatic it
    just updated as soon as it restarted again. The tower is plugged directly into the router with a Cat5 cable. I do not want to do a clean boot as that will remove a lot of important software that I have on my computer. What the heck am I supposed to do now?

HenryUrban1, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Cannot connect to internet after last update

Hi Henry,

This issue can be caused by several reasons like software conflicts, problematic router or network problems.

In addition to the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far, we suggest following the steps on this
    article
    which can also help you resolve network connection issues on Windows 10.

Also, If the issue still persists after performing a System Restore, a clean boot or even a clean install will be the best option to put your computer back to its working state. But since some important software might be removed, we recommend contacting
    your Internet Service Provider for better assistance or additional options.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Dec 30, 2015
  4. samkrit Win User

This problem has resurfaced again, and I cannot get it to stop. I get messages in the lower right-hand corner saying "Cannot connect to the Internet, etc", but I do not experience any drop-out or disconnection or delay in whatever I am doing at the time. I have tried some ideas from other sites, but I believe that this forum is the best. I have re-booted the router (the Cox modem is in a locked box) but that didn't help. Please advise. Thanks,

Sam K.

samkrit, May 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Last update caused (incorrect) cannot connect to Internet messages - Similar Threads - Last update caused

2. Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to internet: We have been trying to reconnect my internet from different WiFi connections or Ethernet, however, cannot connect. We already tried to reboot, reset and all ways we can but despite we cannot connect the internet....
  3. Cannot connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to internet: My wi fi is on.I cannot connect to internet.Spectrum said it's not them.I get these messages:This site can't be reached.server ip cannot be found.I get this on my laptop and desktop.The DNS server might be unavailable.Rexently I put Windows 11 on laptop....
  4. Cannot connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to the internet: From today my laptop has been showing this problem, it shows that it is connected to the wifi, but none of the browser or the app are connecting, i tried to renew my ip address but it says 'no operation can be performed on local area connection while it has its media...
  5. Cannot Connect To Internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot Connect To Internet: Hey all, so I just got done switching windows over to my SSD and everything seemed to be ok until I realized I couldn't connect to my wifi, the only option that shows up is ethernet. I use a little USB dongle that lets me connect to our wifi and it just refuses to work even...
  6. recent download errors, connectivity to internet message incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recent download errors, connectivity to internet message incorrect: OX800704cf error shows after recent update and no access to internet shows but obviously can access the internet via cable...seems a common problem caused by microsoft update ...any simple, and I mean simple fic for this???...
  7. cannot connect to the internet

cannot connect to the internet: hi everyone -I have a acer laptop -its around 3 years old -has a Celeron processor-with windows 10-it will not connect wirelessly to the internet -I have reset the laptop -to no effect and I have just done a system refresh which seems to reload a current version of windows...
  8. Cannot connect to the internet

Cannot connect to the internet: My laptop will not connect to my internet. Ive went into the network and internet settings but it only lets me go into airplane mode and when Itried troubleshooting it said nothing was wrong....
  9. No internet connection after last security update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No internet connection after last security update.: Hi guys, just installed the lastest security update (KB4512937). Since then I have no access to the internet despite the network shows access to the Internet. Reset does not help. I suspect some problem wit the firewall service. The Windows Firewall service will not start...
  10. False "Cannot connect to the Internet" messages.

False "Cannot connect to the Internet" messages.: Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop, In-home wireless network, no other computers, running Windows 10. ISP is Cox Communications. I get occasional messages in the lower right corner saying "Cannot connect to the Internet. Please verify your Internet connection and try again". I do not...