Windows 10: last update - no longer need to enter password running e.g. procexp

Discus and support last update - no longer need to enter password running e.g. procexp in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a laptop that I don't run as an administrator. Before the resent update, if I wanted to run a program such as process explorer or open vpn, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rocket777, Jan 5, 2018.

1. rocket777 Win User

last update - no longer need to enter password running e.g. procexp

I have a laptop that I don't run as an administrator. Before the resent update, if I wanted to run a program such as process explorer or open vpn, it would require me to enter my password. Now it only requires me to click a yes to the user account dialog (do you want to let this program modify your system).

Is this what is supposed to happen now? Or was I hacked in some way?

:)

rocket777, Jan 5, 2018
  2. oherb40 Win User

Impossibility on Win 10 of entering new router password on tablet without keyboard

When attempting to enter the password to a router on my tablet, touching the keyboard icon causes the list of routers to disappear. Using a keyboard solved the problem, but situations occur (e.g., in a restaurant) when one needs to enter a password when
    a keyboard isn't available.

oherb40, Jan 5, 2018
  3. JDATL_49 Win User
    How to change wifi password on Windows 10?

Most convoluted process to enter an updated Wi-Fi password. It would be ideal to give an option to enter a password when the existing password no longer works.

JDATL_49, Jan 5, 2018
  4. last update - no longer need to enter password running e.g. procexp

Sound like your standard user account type has been change to administrator user account see if this is the case by opening Start Menu --> Control Panel --> User Accounts.

FreeBooter, Jan 5, 2018
  5. spunk Win User
  6. rocket777 Win User
    Ah, yes, now I remember. Some update changed something that made it too much trouble to be a user acct, so I changed it.

thanks!

rocket777, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

last update - no longer need to enter password running e.g. procexp

1. last update - no longer need to enter password running e.g. procexp - Similar Threads - last update longer

2. Need to enter password on Startup or restart [Solution]

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart [Solution]: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  3. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  4. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to enter password on Startup or restart: After changing my MS Pasword: On PC start up or rebboot "two" accounts show in the same My name and I need to select one and always enter the password to get to my desktop. This is in spite of my system set-up in netplwiz with NO NEED TO ENTER PASSWORD! Box...
  5. Need to enter password on Startup or restart

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. VMWare not longer runs after the last Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    VMWare not longer runs after the last Win 10 update: Windows 10 took the last update. Now when I try and start my copy of VMWare it says "WMWare Workstation Pro can't run on Windows". BUT IT HAS FOR THE LAST YEAR. My business relies on this software. How can I get it to work again? Updating this version of VMWare is not an...
  7. Enter your old password one last time?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enter your old password one last time?: Enter your old password one last time? I have tried to make use of Cortana but each time I successfully sign in to set it up, the system keeps asking for an old password. I don't have one, so I leave the space blank as instructed and it will not let me pass. Why? Is this a...
  8. Needing a password to enter f12 setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Needing a password to enter f12 setup: Hi! A couple of months ago my computer automatically did a Windows 10 update, something happened, it never updated and now is on a continual loop trying to restart to a previous version. When I press f12, I am asked for a password. I don't have one! I can't get into setup at...
  9. password to enter

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password to enter: Old password will not work and allow me to login at startup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-to-enter/2a701d3b-e461-4447-aacd-80d95851da0a"
  10. need new e mail password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need new e mail password: need new e mail pass word https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_7/need-new-e-mail-password/7046a4d0-56bb-4d3a-b115-e92ed1338284