Windows 10: LATEST BUILD DOES NOT ENABLE THE USER TO OPEN WINDOWS DEFENDER SECURITY

Discus and support LATEST BUILD DOES NOT ENABLE THE USER TO OPEN WINDOWS DEFENDER SECURITY in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; LATEST BUILD DOES NOT ENABLE THE USER TO OPEN WIN DEF SEC CENTER ALREADY HAD A LIVE SUPPORT - EVERYTHING IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL AND CORRECT I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by *Southie*, Jul 5, 2018.

1. *Southie* Win User

LATEST BUILD DOES NOT ENABLE THE USER TO OPEN WINDOWS DEFENDER SECURITY

LATEST BUILD DOES NOT ENABLE THE USER TO OPEN WIN DEF SEC CENTER

ALREADY HAD A LIVE SUPPORT - EVERYTHING IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL AND CORRECT

I INFORMED HER I WOULD REPORT IT TO THE FORUM BOARD:

WIN DEF IS RUNNING
    SERVICES - ALL GOOD
    NO OTHER ANIMALWARE IS INSTALLED

RAN SFC & DISM TO RESTORE / CORRECT ISSUE - NOTHING WAS FOUND

ANY ATTEMPT TO OPEN WIN DEF SECURITY CENTER --- WILL RESULT AN INSTANT OPEN AND CLOSE.

I DID RUN MALWAREBYTES JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE - THERE'S NOTHING AND IT FOUND NOTHING. UNINSTALLED

AND REMOVED MALWAREBYTES....

CAN YOU PLEASE HAVE A VERSION AVAILABLE SO WE CAN ACCESS THE SECURITY CENTER? I DO LIKE TO RUN SCANS ON

MY OWN.

:)

*Southie*, Jul 5, 2018
  2. *Southie* Win User

LATEST BUILD DOES NOT ENABLE THE USER TO OPEN WIN DEF SEC CENTER

ALREADY HAD A LIVE SUPPORT - EVERYTHING IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL AND CORRECT

I INFORMED HER I WOULD REPORT IT TO THE FORUM BOARD:

WIN DEF IS RUNNING

SERVICES - ALL GOOD

NO OTHER ANIMALWARE IS INSTALLED

RAN SFC & DISM TO RESTORE / CORRECT ISSUE - NOTHING WAS FOUND

ANY ATTEMPT TO OPEN WIN DEF SECURITY CENTER --- WILL RESULT AN INSTANT OPEN AND CLOSE.

I DID RUN MALWAREBYTES JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE - THERE'S NOTHING AND IT FOUND NOTHING. UNINSTALLED

AND REMOVED MALWAREBYTES....

CAN YOU PLEASE HAVE A VERSION AVAILABLE SO WE CAN ACCESS THE SECURITY CENTER? I DO LIKE TO RUN SCANS ON

MY OWN.

*Southie*, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Windows Defender Security Center Won't Stay Open

When I open Windows Defender Security Center, it opens and then closes itself.

I’m running Windows 10 Home, v1703, with the latest updates.

I run Norton Security as my primary AV & firewall with the latest updates.

I did a system reset in the last couple of months.

I have the latest Defender updates according to: https://www.microsoft.com/security/p...tions/adl.aspx

Defender seems to be functioning, but generating the following errors:

• Event ID 3: The Windows Security Center Service was unable to establish event queries with WMI to monitor third party AntiVirus, AntiSpyware and Firewall.
    • Event ID 16: Error while updating Windows Defender status to SECURITY_PRODUCT_STATE_ON.
    • Event ID 1000:
    Faulting application name: SecHealthUI.exe, version: 10.0.15063.0, time stamp: 0x58ccbce5
    Faulting module name: SecHealthUIDataModel.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x58ccbc8d
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000015b847
    Faulting process id: 0x27f0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f12745cc2b1f
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\SecHealthUI.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_cw5n1h2txyewy\SecHealthUIDataModel.dll
    Report Id: bcac3ab1-757d-47fb-8d4f-c089173b11e0
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI_10.0.15063.0_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy
    Faulting package-relative application ID: SecHealthUI

I have tried options 3 and 5 in this tutorial: Turn On or Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection in Windows 10. Options 1 and 2 aren’t available to me since the settings window won’t stay open. Option 4 isn’t available for Windows Home.

As I said above, AFAICT, Defender seems to be working, but the Defender Security window won’t stay open and it’s generating a lot of errors.

Any suggestions for troubleshooting and/or fixing this issue?

elprice7345, Jul 5, 2018
  4. DenOGun Win User

Windows Defender Security Centre crashes on opening

Every time I try to open Windows Defender Security Centre, the window opens and closes immediately. There is no error logged in the event logs.

The old Windows Defender interface - MSASCui.exe opens just fine; the problem lies with MSASCuiL.exe which crashes instantly after opening.

I do not have any other antivirus software installed, nor have I ever. Scans with Microsoft Safety Scanner and MSASCui.exe do not find any malware.

Steps tried

1. All the steps listed here on the troubleshooting article.

2. sfc /scannow reveals no problems

3. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth completes successfully but to no avail

4. Clean boot performed

5. In-place install performed

6. Attempted to open in safe mode

None of the steps above seem to work.

I am using a desktop I built myself, running windows 10 v1703 build 15063.632. The Defender Security Centre has worked in the past but for some strange reason has not for the past week, or so I noticed.

Please do assist - a clean fresh install is however not an acceptable solution as this is a critical work computer.

DenOGun, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. LATEST BUILD DOES NOT ENABLE THE USER TO OPEN WINDOWS DEFENDER SECURITY - Similar Threads - LATEST BUILD DOES

2. Windows Security does not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security does not open: I am facing the problem that windows security system has been vanished Could you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-does-not-open/c5f1002e-b563-45ac-a919-0cee03d38b9e
  3. Windows Security does not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security does not open: I am facing the problem that windows security system has been vanished Could you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-does-not-open/c5f1002e-b563-45ac-a919-0cee03d38b9e
  4. Windows Security does not open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender Security Centre will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Security Centre will not open: Windows Defender Security Centre will not open.In the Task Bar the little shield with a green tick is present. Double clicking does nothing. Right clicking brings up a menu but selecting an option does nothing.Opening 'Windows Security' from the 'Settings' page opens up a...
  6. Windows Defender Security Centre will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Security Centre will not open: Windows Defender Security Centre will not open.In the Task Bar the little shield with a green tick is present. Double clicking does nothing. Right clicking brings up a menu but selecting an option does nothing.Opening 'Windows Security' from the 'Settings' page opens up a...
  7. Windows Defender Security Centre will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows Start, Search, Cortana, Defender not opening. Updated to latest build 20h2.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start, Search, Cortana, Defender not opening. Updated to latest build 20h2.: Windows Start menu, Search and Defender not opening... tried too many repairs suggested on forums, using powershell, system restore, update to latest build... nothing works. Don't want to reinstall again. Need solution which can fix this issues. Thanks,...
  9. Windows defender nor any windows security does not open or respond

Windows defender nor any windows security does not open or respond: I can not open the windows security management neither any feature related to it and windows defender. I tried all the recomendations online SFC scan, check the services, Delete conflicting Registry Entry, Enabling Windows Defender from Group Policy but none of it worked. I...
  10. CU version update: Windows Defender Security Center does not open.

CU version update: Windows Defender Security Center does not open.: Updated to CU via Update Assistant. I had to start the process 3 time but in the end all went fine. Got the latest updates installed too. Trying to open Windows Defender in Security Center (the only way to open WD it seems) and the blue screen with WD logo appears only for...