Windows 10: Latest Build Windows 10 fail, wont allow BIOS access

Discus and support Latest Build Windows 10 fail, wont allow BIOS access in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Just tried to install the latest W10 as a boot with W7 on SSD , installation failed and now will not complete installation. Will not reboot and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tuck, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Tuck Win User

Latest Build Windows 10 fail, wont allow BIOS access

Hi
    Just tried to install the latest W10 as a boot with W7 on SSD , installation failed and now will not complete installation. Will not reboot and reinstall, and prevents access to the BIOS to change boot to CD?
    Any thoughts, suggestions or experience?
    Looking at disassembly to remove SSD data cable ( Lian Li Briefcase build complicates everything)
    Thanks
    Dave

:)

2. Im Having problems with my computer with the insider preview program

I got the latest update and im having alot of issues on build 14905 and i cant access anything the start menu wont work settings wont open it wont let me access anything that uses administration the store doesnt work it keeps saying explorer.exe class
    not registered when i access something through administration it keeps saying system 32 the request is not supported i cant access task manager and cant use cmd admin i cant go into settings it wont let me do anything i cant even access my windows 10 apps
    it keeps saying class not registered i need help

AdamKoontz, Apr 29, 2015
  3. neilpzz Win User
    windows 10

It is conceivable that the bios needs an update so the device will work correctly with the latest version/build of Windows 10. If you have just bought it then the version/build of Windows 10 is has will be what was installed by HP in their factory. No guarantee
    it is now the latest.

The bios is supplied by HP and you check their website for a bios update for your model. You need to read and follow the instructions from HP.

neilpzz, Apr 29, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Typically you can press a key combination to select boot source.. F12 on many systems.

Windows cannot disable access to your BIOS.

Mystere, Apr 29, 2015
  5. Charlie Win User
    Tuck
    Welcome to TenForums. What type of media are you using to build your boot media DVD or USB?

Charlie, Apr 29, 2015
  6. Tuck Win User
    Using DVD and the W10 DOES prevent keyboard access to BIOS. <DEL> is the usual key, tried it plus <F12> , <F10> ....no way.

7. Geneo Win User
    I don't see how that it is possible for the Windows 10 DVD to prevent you from accessing the BIOS - access to the BIOS occurs before any DVD is read.
    Is your DVD drive USB? Maybe it is interfering.
    Suggest you take the DVD out, boot to BIOS, set the DVD as the boot device and save the setting, , then stick the DVD in and then reset.

Geneo, Apr 29, 2015
  8. Tuck Win User

Done that
    released DVD, cold booted from a PSU switched off,
    Dont forget that W8 & 10 do not actually cold boot unless a reboot is selected, the fast boot means that the state is just a deeper sleep mode?
    I expect I shall have to disconnect drives to force a BIOS boot.

9. Flux: the latest Windows 10 doesn't provide enough information.
    10.074 ISO is available: Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO - Microsoft Windows

Knowing what OS you're using as the 'host' and how (as the primary, as a dual boot on a separate partition / in a VM) you're trying to install Win10 is critical to helping solve the issue.

Also knowing if the firmware on your machine is BIOS or UEFI (I'll guess BIOS) is helpful.

The disk schema is informative
    see: Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of - Windows 10 Forums

and lastly ...
    Please follow this tutorial to provide the current operating environment of your machine.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...tem-specs.html

Thanks

I'm not sure what OS you're referencing; specs say 7, you mention 8

As a test, try disabling Hibernation
    Launch a Command Prompt with elevated privileges (Run as Administrator...)
    powercfg /h off

restart your machine and post the current status.

Slartybart, Apr 29, 2015
  10. Tuck Win User
    I clearly say W7, the reference to W8/W10 is referenced only to the modified fast boot system.
    Installing W10 latest stable release from a DVD , onto an SSD , directly, and choosing to retain data not a new install. This has previously always enabled a boot choice at startup hence dual boot reference.
    Cannot disable anything as the computer is in a loop of not installing and not allowing an alternate boot.

11. Charlie Win User
    Maybe hardware prob .. keyboard perhaps

Charlie, Apr 30, 2015
  12. Tuck Win User
    How could a keyboard interfere with BIOS access?

13. Berton Win User

I had a Notebook in and found that the BIOS supports only USB 2.0, the USB 3.0 ports needs drivers loaded when the Operating System loads.

Berton, Apr 30, 2015
  14. DavidY Win User
    I must admit I've seen something like this on a VM running in EFI mode.

What (if anything) does happen when you switch the PC on? Does the same thing happen with DVD inserted and DVD removed?

DavidY, Apr 30, 2015
  15. Tuck Win User
    Berton, good point, I am using front USB3 port for wireless dongle, you may have saved me a tear down to access the SATA data cable!
    Noooo..still prevents <DEL> access to UEFI/BIO even when in USB 2.0 native port. Looks like a teardown and SATA disconnect now.

DavidY whatever state or what is in DVD it justs fast boots into W10 installation sequence, then tells me it is unable to install and reboots.........ad infinitum.

Looks like a drive reformat and install from scratch! Good to have that option with the 10074 iso.

Thema:

1. Latest Build Windows 10 fail, wont allow BIOS access - Similar Threads - Latest Build fail

2. Failed to install latest windows 11 dev latest build, Windows 11 Insider Dev Build...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to install latest windows 11 dev latest build, Windows 11 Insider Dev Build...: error 0xc19000401Really don't have an idea what I can do to install that preview. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-install-latest-windows-11-dev-latest/3ba9b347-270c-4d00-966c-a62fa4636361
  3. Failed to install latest windows 11 dev latest build, Windows 11 Insider Dev Build...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to install latest windows 11 dev latest build, Windows 11 Insider Dev Build...: error 0xc19000401Really don't have an idea what I can do to install that preview. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/failed-to-install-latest-windows-11-dev-latest/3ba9b347-270c-4d00-966c-a62fa4636361
  4. Wont allow reset Windows 10

Wont allow reset Windows 10: I’ve been experiencing an issue with my PC so whenever I turn it on my screen flash is black and blue, the blue being the lock screen which randomly shows up with the date and time and three symbols at the bottom, I cannot click any of the symbols either. I have figured out...
  5. Wont allow restart Windows 10

Wont allow restart Windows 10: I’ve been experiencing an issue with my PC so whenever I turn it on my screen flash is black and blue, the blue being the lock screen which randomly shows up with the date and time and three symbols at the bottom, I cannot click any of the symbols either. I have figured out...
  6. Wont allow restart Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wont allow restart Windows 10: I’ve been experiencing an issue with my PC so whenever I turn it on my screen flash is black and blue, the blue being the lock screen which randomly shows up with the date and time and three symbols at the bottom, I cannot click any of the symbols either. I have figured out...
  7. windows 10 wont allow to log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 wont allow to log in: hello,recently ive restarted my pc. after the restart i wanted to log in but it won't let me it just cancelled. after a minute or so the pc restarts itself.i dont know what to do, help would be appreciated....
  8. Latest windows 10 Build

Latest windows 10 Build: 12-17-2020 my computer did a download of Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB4592438, Build andSCREWED MY COMPUTER UP. BEWARE!!!!!! It has taken me most of TODAY to finally get my system to go back to the last build 1909.WHY?? Because the download had me running so...
  9. Will not boot, will not allow access to BIOS

Will not boot, will not allow access to BIOS: This is not a BSOD, but I could not find another forum that fits my situation. If I need to take this question elsewhere please let me know. I am trying to resurrect an old PC of my Dad's. It is an old i3-530 CPU on a ASRock H55M Pro motherboard. I believe I updated it from...
  10. after latest update windows10 wont allow programms write access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after latest update windows10 wont allow programms write access: hi, my only pc is a dell laptop and i been running windows10 since i bought it 18 months ago. after last update a week ago, i noticed that 1) while playing my fave game (offline, stored on pc) that i suddenly cant save any games. (ërror saving game") . 2) when i used vuze...