Windows 10: latest cumulative update breaks IE11

Discus and support latest cumulative update breaks IE11 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there after applying the latest cumulative updates IE11 is now broken on my system (W10 pro X-64).. Often the Main (home page) of a site works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jimbo45, Jan 12, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

latest cumulative update breaks IE11

Hi there

after applying the latest cumulative updates IE11 is now broken on my system (W10 pro X-64)..

Often the Main (home page) of a site works but as soon as you link to other links in the site garbled text often appears.

Here's an example from BBC website. Main news page opens but link to a story and :

latest cumulative update breaks IE11 [​IMG]

One can partly fix by pressing F12 and setting IE compatibility to IE10 or IE9.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Jan 12, 2016
  2. fg2001 Win User

IE11 now appears to be 'persona' non grata in Win 10 since EDGE dominates (edges out) IE.

The Trusteer Rapport guys never answered my questions, it is not clear which level of Rapport supports Microsoft Edge. If it is the one that breaks IE11 that is not acceptable.

Anyway I went back to 3.5.1804.161 which works with IE11.

There is no explanation in the Trusteer Rapport support site about the differences of the different levels and that is quite unprofessional considering that it is own by IBM. I'll probably get rid of it if they don't give a better support. Something on
    the latest IE11 updates is incompatible with Trusteer Rapport 3.5.1908.118.

fg2001, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 IE11 Leave page popup

After the latest updates to Windows 10 (version 1511 (OS Build 10586.494)), Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3172985) and Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3173428), installed on 7/13/2016 many webpages
    in IE11 are now popping up a window asking if "Do you want to leave this page" (or words to that effect).

This is happening on multiple PCs on my network so I'm sure its something that Microsoft did to IE11 during one of those latest updates (and a search of this website seems to indicate this isn't the first time this has happened). Does anyone know what changed
    and what to do the correct this problem?

SEwing1243, Jan 12, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Mine seems ok, but Microsoft did say they were killing IE off:

latest cumulative update breaks IE11 [​IMG]

How often do you delete the browser cache.

swarfega, Jan 12, 2016
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    No problems with IE11 here......after latest update. *Smile

OldMike65, Jan 12, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    They have not said they that. They are stopping support for older versions (except in special cases).

It is unlikely IE11 will undergo much development though as Edge is their primary focus.

cereberus, Jan 12, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    No issues on 3 home pcs.

Maybe a system restore?

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. latest cumulative update breaks IE11 - Similar Threads - latest cumulative update

2. Latest updates break Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest updates break Windows 10: I've seen the notifications on various forums about the latest windows update breaking windows 10 and 11 for some users. Below is some information I've found and issues that I feel need to be addressed.1. The update still comes up as a mandatory update. While you can postpone...
  3. Latest updates break Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest updates break Windows 10: I've seen the notifications on various forums about the latest windows update breaking windows 10 and 11 for some users. Below is some information I've found and issues that I feel need to be addressed.1. The update still comes up as a mandatory update. While you can postpone...
  4. Latest updates break Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. This latest Cumulative update breaks my Laptop! :<

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This latest Cumulative update breaks my Laptop! :<: guys, this new update yesterday i got breaks my laptop or, windows. does anyone know why and how to solve this problem?? the issue happens when its done updating or downloading then tells me to restart, applying the update>load Loading screen THEN its just black screen,...
  6. This latest Cumulative update breaks my Laptop! :<

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This latest Cumulative update breaks my Laptop! :<: guys, this new update yesterday i got breaks my laptop or, windows. does anyone know why and how to solve this problem?? the issue happens when its done updating or downloading then tells me to restart, applying the update>load Loading screen THEN its just black screen,...
  7. This latest Cumulative update breaks my Laptop! :<

8. Latest Cumulative Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest Cumulative Updates: Since KB4512941 and KB4511555 update yesterday i noticed the reset option in the advance option on most of the windows apps the details do not display correctly. [ATTACH]...
  9. Latest cumulative update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest cumulative update: KB4340917 (OS Build 17134.191) will not update and is causes many problems on my PC such as opening up setting and trying to log off. All freeze up. Tried troubleshooting and nothing changed same thing....
  10. Latest update -- Citrix receiver Breaks.

Latest update -- Citrix receiver Breaks.: Hi there When I need to logon to several clients computers remotely I use the Citrix receiver software (Yes I know not the best solution for VPN's / VDI's but that's not my call). Latest (Windows -- not the Citrix package) update -- start the receiver program - but...