Windows 10: Latest Intel CPUs

Discus and support Latest Intel CPUs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I love keeping up on the latest and greatest, and Intel is at it again! Say hello to the 10 core, 20 thread i7-6950x:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Carsomyr, May 31, 2016.

1. Carsomyr Win User

Latest Intel CPUs

I love keeping up on the latest and greatest, and Intel is at it again! Say hello to the 10 core, 20 thread i7-6950x:
    http://ark.intel.com/products/94456/Intel-Core-i7-6950X-Processor-Extreme-Edition-25M-Cache-up-to-3_50-GHz

Obviously between the fact that very few if any of us need 10 cores, and that almost 2,000$ price tag, most of us would probably be more interested in these not as crazy but still really good looking chips:

http://ark.intel.com/products/94196/...up-to-3_70-GHz

http://ark.intel.com/products/94188/Intel-Core-i7-6850K-Processor-15M-Cache-up-to-3_80-GHz

http://ark.intel.com/products/94189/Intel-Core-i7-6800K-Processor-15M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz

Personally I had planned my next build around the 6700k but due to other more important bills and whatnot combined with some microcode issues that came about after it's release, I think I may choose one of these bad boys instead *Biggrin

:)

Carsomyr, May 31, 2016

2. Windows Update Causes Intel Display Driver to Stop Working

One of these updates for windows causes the intel display driver to stop working on windows 1709.

KB4056892

KB4058702

KB4055994

KB4057247

I have tried uninstalling the latest driver, installing the latest driver from Intel, installing the latest driver from HP and uninstalling the Updates and then Re installing the drivers.

I have this computer

HP PRO 3500 Series

i5-3470 CPU at 3.2ghz

brianherman1, May 31, 2016
  3. Windows Update Causes Intel Display Driver to Stop Working

This is not really an option I did a report with our antivirus and it seems we have about 62 computers on our network out of 240 that might be effected.

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz GenuineIntel 1

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz GenuineIntel 17

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz GenuineIntel 25

CPU Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz GenuineIntel 19

brianherman1, May 31, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User
Thema:

Latest Intel CPUs

1. Latest Intel CPUs - Similar Threads - Latest Intel CPUs

2. When will 11th Gen Intel CPUs get 22h2 update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will 11th Gen Intel CPUs get 22h2 update?: When will 11th Gen Intel CPUs get 22h2 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-11th-gen-intel-cpus-get-22h2-update/c1f601c6-3d4c-467c-afda-fc1b4e802199
  3. Intel 7th gen CPUs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel 7th gen CPUs: Can anyone from Microsoft itself tell me why the 7th gen got excluded from the compatibility list, except of all things the HEDT chips of said generation, AND the CPU that runs Microsoft's own Surface laptop the 7820?I'm furious....
  4. Intel 7th gen CPUs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel 7th gen CPUs: Can anyone from Microsoft itself tell me why the 7th gen got excluded from the compatibility list, except of all things the HEDT chips of said generation, AND the CPU that runs Microsoft's own Surface laptop the 7820?I'm furious....
  5. Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 support for Legacy Intel CPUs: Hello, I just installed Windows 10 64 bit on a Pentium E5400 which was not supposed to be supported according to this table: Does My Intel(R) Processor Support Microsoft Windows(R) 10? It's Wolfdale and it worked with build 1809. What does it mean? Because I want to...
  6. New Acer gaming notebooks powered by latest 10th Gen Intel Core CPUs

in Windows 10 News
    New Acer gaming notebooks powered by latest 10th Gen Intel Core CPUs: Acer has announced its new Predator Triton 500 and Acer Nitro 5 gaming notebooks. Alongside significant developments in thermal performance, both devices come with the latest 10th Gen Intel Core processors and newly announced NVIDIA GeForce RTX SUPER and GTX GPUs. [ATTACH]...
  7. Intel Atom Z2560 "Intel's Atom Clove CPUs"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Atom Z2560 "Intel's Atom Clove CPUs": Hello, I have a older Tablet sitting around in my shelf and I tough it would be nice to have a windows tablet to play around with. How ever I found out that the Processor my tablet is using "Intel Atom Z2560" which had Problems back in 2017. My question is is this still the...
  8. Intel Announces Plans to Integrate Thunderbolt 3 into Future CPUs

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Announces Plans to Integrate Thunderbolt 3 into Future CPUs: Intel has a long history of leading the industry in I/O innovation. In the late 1990s, Intel developed USB, which made it easier and faster to connect external devices to computers, consolidating a multitude of existing connectors. Intel continues its I/O innovation...
  9. Intel CPUs Vulnerable to New 'BranchScope' Attack

in Windows 10 News
    Intel CPUs Vulnerable to New 'BranchScope' Attack: Researchers have discovered a new side-channel attack method that can be launched against devices with Intel processors, and the patches released in response to the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities might not prevent these types of attacks. The new attack, dubbed...
  10. Intel Delays Mass Production of 10 nm CPUs to 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Delays Mass Production of 10 nm CPUs to 2019: Yeah, 7 nano-meters. Still wander what will happen when they hit 5nm barrier and how they think to stop leakage. New material(probably more expensive), or filling with a special gel to slow down/stop electrons, like in nuclear physics(power plants and bombs) used to slow...