Windows 10: Latest Media Creation Tool (Creators Update)

Discus and support Latest Media Creation Tool (Creators Update) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I tell or know if I am downloading the latest Media Creation Tool (Windows 10 Creators Update) from the below site?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10freak, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Latest Media Creation Tool (Creators Update)

win10freak, Aug 27, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update ISO

Yes the Current Media Creation Tool contains the Creators Update and can be used to upgrade to or clean install the Creators Edition . . .

Click HERE
    to download the latest Media Creation Tool

DaveM121, Aug 27, 2017
  3. Wants app for .256e0 file in windows 10 Creator

The Windows 10 installation media offered by the Media creation tool is the latest build. So, if you will use the Media Creation Tool, you will still get the Creators Update.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Aug 27, 2017
  4. Latest Media Creation Tool (Creators Update)

It is being downloaded from a Trusted MS site so it is authentic I downloaded it yesterday and used it on 15063.540 and it updated all the way to the latest CU.

Josey Wales, Aug 27, 2017
  5. DavidY Win User
    • If you use the MCT to upgrade the system it's running on, then it will offer to download the latest updates before ugrading.
    • If you use the MCT to create installation media, then even the latest MCT will get you the 1703 installer from March.
      • Again if you use this media to upgrade a running system, I believe it will ask if you want to download updates before installing.
      • But if you want to use the media for a clean install it won't have the updates until the system is installed and connects to the network.

DavidY, Aug 28, 2017
  6. Sorry, I meant to post that I will be using the MCT for creating USB bootable media installation only.

Is the current MCT at 1703 or is it still on 1607?

win10freak, Aug 28, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    1703 - mct gets upgraded immediately a new build comes out.

cereberus, Aug 28, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

Latest Media Creation Tool (Creators Update)

I've used the MCT several times, latest was a week ago. I got Version 1703 Build 15063.0. During install I DID NOT allow checking for updates and things went well. After those installs I then checked for updates and got 15063.540. It seems allowing updates during the initial install takes quite awhile and slower Internet connection speeds can cause failures during the "checking for updates" phase.

Berton, Aug 28, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    You can check the version of the MCT you have downloaded by looking at the Details tab on its Properties. The product version number will match the OS build of the media it will create. The current MCT will make media for Windows 10 version 1703, OS build 15063.

Latest Media Creation Tool (Creators Update) [​IMG]

It's worth noting that if you have kept previous versions of the MCT they will continue to make media for older versions of Windows 10, right back to the original MCT for the first release of 10240.

10. It determines the need of your system and downloads accordingly. I used it to create an ISO, you can do both--Your choice.

Josey Wales, Aug 28, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    Only in as far as the language and 'bits' of the system. The version of the media it creates (1507, 1511, 1607 or 1703) is hard-coded into the MCT. That's why a new one is released with each new version of Windows, and why it is essential to download a new MCT if you want to make media for the next version of Windows when its released.

As I said, the original MCT still makes media for 10240, I used my old copy of the MCT to do just that a month or so ago. I have the MCTs for all the old versions...

Latest Media Creation Tool (Creators Update) [​IMG]

12. Well you have to give the user some credit. They should know what version of Windows 10 they are running. They are not morons.*Wink

Josey Wales, Aug 28, 2017
  13. Latest Media Creation Tool (Creators Update)

I know the MCT installs only the base build such as 15063.0 and then when Windows 10 finishes installing, then the next update will have 15063.540 or whatever the next three numbers are going to be.

But as Berton posted (post #6), how can a user skip the updates check during the installation phase?

win10freak, Aug 28, 2017
  14. cereberus Win User
    Easiest way is to disconnect from Internet whilst installing.

cereberus, Aug 28, 2017
  15. Berton Win User
    There are checkboxes at left on the screen, one for skipping and another for allowing or stopping product improvement messages.

Edit: deleted word bottom.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Latest Media Creation Tool (Creators Update)

1. Latest Media Creation Tool (Creators Update) - Similar Threads - Latest Media Creation

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  4. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  5. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Media Creation Tool - Latest Software?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Media Creation Tool - Latest Software?: Hey all! Is there anyway to make a usb Windows install with the absolute most recent update so I don't have to install then have a big update right after which requires a restart which usually refreshes all the settings and reinstalls all the crapware after I've gone through...
  7. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  8. Media Creation Tool updated

Media Creation Tool updated: I just wanted to pass on a bit of info to the forum. The Media Creation Tool 1903 version has been updated to build 18362.418 on Microsoft website 143017
  9. Is windows 10 latest big update included in latest media creation tool

Is windows 10 latest big update included in latest media creation tool: Hi folks, When windows 10 was first released I downloaded it and burned to DVD using the media creation tool from Microsoft. As windows 10 has now had a major update, and I want to create a DVD with that update on it, without having to reinstall it later, as I have...
  10. Does the media creation tool install with the latest updates

Does the media creation tool install with the latest updates: I am tired of installing Windows and then spending the rest of the day while the pc goes through all the updates. I was hoping the media creator tool would do this but there is no mention of updates. 94812