Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

Discus and support Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs *Arrow Microsoft Update Catalog Realtek download page *Arrow Download 6.0.1.8419 CAB for "Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Brink, May 10, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

Latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs
    *Arrow Microsoft Update Catalog Realtek download page
    *Arrow Download 6.0.1.8419 CAB for "Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Later Servicing Drivers" 64-bit (x64) - 138.6 MB

For how to install: How to Install a CAB File in Windows 10

*Arrow Download 6.0.1.8393 CAB for "Windows 10 and later drivers" 32-bit (x86) - 79.4 MB

*Arrow Download 6.0.1.8393 CAB for "Windows 10 and later drivers" 64-bit (x64) - 137.6 MB

For how to install: How to Install a CAB File in Windows 10

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [​IMG]
    Note RELEASE DATE: July 26th 2017
    DRIVER VERSION: R 2.82
    Driver Version in Device Manager: 6.0.1.8186

Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10

High Definition Audio Codecs: Driver Download Site

Update Add/Fix History:

• Customizations
    • Bug Fix

Tip
    • You will need to have cookies enabled, check the accept box, click Next, and click on the High Definition Audio Codecs (Software) link before it will take you to the actual Realtek HD audio driver download page.
    • You can download a ZIP version or the EXE version of the driver.
    • When the driver installation is complete, you will need to set your audio settings again in the Realtek HD Audio Manager in the Control Panel (Classic View).
    • Some OEM computers will have a custom version of the Realtek HD Audio Manager with the OEM manufacturer's name included instead. For example it may be named "Acer [Realtek] HD Audio Manager" instead for the OEM Acer.

:)

Brink, May 10, 2015
  2. pomooc Win User

Strang problem with sound on internal speakers...

I have originally installed Realtek HD Audio Driver from my laptop manufacturer version 6.0.1.7811 and there is no updated version. Now, the sound is back as I've got replaced Realtek by HD Audio Device from Mircrosoft version 10.0.1.14393

Is there any way how to get back realtek working again on Win10? Should I download the latest version from realtek website or try to reinstall the same version of realtek from control panel? I'm really frustrated.

pomooc, May 10, 2015
  3. completely remove Realtek HD Audio Drivers

Dear Team

It is really irritating that poor performance of MIC in Realtek HD audio. I. am having latest driver for Windows 10 64bit. I am uninstalling it and configured the system by Microsoft HD audio. But the realtek re installing again and again, and disabling
    Microsoft HD audio Driver. Please guide me for the complete uninstallation of Realtek HD audio Driver

Regards

Dhanasekaran Rathinam

DhanasekaranRathinam, May 10, 2015
  4. DooGie Win User

Someone else will jhave to let you know asturias7 as I'm off for six weeks holiday in an hour *Smile

DooGie, Jan 2, 2017
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    6 WEEKS OFF!!!!! Holy Smokes you got a lot of vacation time!!!! *Eek Congrats *Smile

OldMike65, Jan 2, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Long flight to New Zealand! What's your route and time?

f14tomcat, Jan 2, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you. First post updated. *Smile

Brink, Jan 2, 2017
  8. asturias7 Win User

OK.
    Enjoy! 6 weeks, wow! I'll be 3 weeks in Florida.*Smile

asturias7, Jan 2, 2017
  9. OK. Created new thread to continue discussion elsewhere

Trying to Analyze a Realtek Audio driver install

The advantage of Devcon wasn't hightlighted in my original post but have a look at the Devcon output shown in that post. Devcon shows ALL hardware ids for a devcie. Aida64 only shows one. Devcon also shows all Compatible IDs.

ComputerGeek, Jan 3, 2017
  10. I found 7 INFs commented with Hardware ID Locking including (not the complete list)
    Code: Creative MB2 Hardware ID locking D-company X-Fi MB3 Hardware ID locking SoundBlaster Cinema 3 Hardware ID locking (M-company ESS case)[/quote] I also found this from thread Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)
    Sounds like some Realtek drivers include licensed features that only run on specific h/w (maybe locked based on audio chip h/w id?). Do you have any of the licensed features? Sounds like the bundled the driver files together into a single INF but licensed features only available from specific h/w ids.

11. spapakons Win User
    I also found this from thread Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)Sounds like some Realtek drivers include licensed features that only run on specific h/w (maybe locked based on audio chip h/w id?). Do you have any of the licensed features? Sounds like the bundled the driver files together into a single INF but licensed features only available from specific h/w ids.[/quote] Most likely some Creative sound card models (probably USB) use Realtek chipsets instead of Creative's proprietary. This is a more convincing explanation than telling Realtek uses Creative's technology.

spapakons, Jan 3, 2017
  12. CountMike New Member
    Well, Creative started all sound card trend with first Sound Blaster. I had me one of those first ones, it included connector for proprietary CD player. Sound was lousy and noisy as hell but it worked. Couple of interesting programs came with it, Dr Sbaitsu and Parrot.
    In those early PCs AT keyboard controller was actually a sound chip, there was a driver for Windows 3.1 to use it as default sound device thru speaker connected to MB and used as POST sound device.
    Only after few years came out outrageously priced Turtle Beach and others.

CountMike, Jan 3, 2017
  13. Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

Interesting stuff regarding Creative/Realtek and a good explanation of the hardware ID locking but I'm still confused as to why the 8023 drivers are missing the Creative driver components. Whilst I'm quite sure that many Realtek audio codecs don't require these Creative drivers, my motherboard seems to be mute without them! And yet, it does not contain any Creative hardware, just a Realtek ALC1150 with the option to run additional Creative audio processing software (bundled with the motherboard but never installed since I don't need it).

Oh well, back to 8010 until I can find the answer. Perhaps I'll keep trying each new driver release until I find one that works.

wiggly1uk2000, Jan 3, 2017
  14. I also found this from thread Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Sounds like some Realtek drivers include licensed features that only run on specific h/w (maybe locked based on audio chip h/w id?). Do you have any of the licensed features? Sounds like the bundled the driver files together into a single INF but licensed features only available from specific h/w ids.[/quote] As far as I know, it does not have any of these licensed features; just a Creative software bundle that adds some audio processing functions (if you choose to install it). I guess the real question is why have Realtek stripped away some of the driver components that were in version 8010 and earlier? Whatever it is they have removed, it seems to have broken compatibility with my motherboard.

wiggly1uk2000, Jan 3, 2017
  15. > Do you still have Code 39? When you do, in DevManager right click the device->Properties->Details tab. Use the pulldown and look if either Class uppper filters and/or Class lower filters exist. If yes, then post their values.
    > Which version of the audio driver do you currently have installed?

Again, right click to Properties->Details tab
    • Use pull down menu to look for two items: inf name and something like matching device id. Post the result
    • Windows renames the original INF to oem.nnn. We want the original name. From command prompt
    Code: disk /online /get-drivers[/quote] The output shows oem vs. original filename pairs. What's the original filename of the INF used to install your Realtek audio driver?

Thema:

1. Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Similar Threads - Latest Realtek Audio

2. Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.: I don't like the Realtek drivers. I want them gone from my laptop. Here's what I've tried so far:Uninstall from Device Manager: But the Drivers get automatically re-installed somehow. I don't know why. Am I not allowed to choose my drivers?Remove permissions to the Realtek...
  3. Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.: I don't like the Realtek drivers. I want them gone from my laptop. Here's what I've tried so far:Uninstall from Device Manager: But the Drivers get automatically re-installed somehow. I don't know why. Am I not allowed to choose my drivers?Remove permissions to the Realtek...
  4. Realtek HD audio drivers not installing

Realtek HD audio drivers not installing: Hi there, i first came accross this issue two days ago when i was using my samsung monitor with headphones plugged into the monitor for the first time. It seems to have created audio drivers for itself that it uses to take the audio. However after this my realtek sound...
  5. Realtek HD audio driver/Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Realtek HD audio driver/Manager: Hello Guys, I think you could help me about my issue. First is I want to access the Realtek audio manager but currently windows 10 doesn't have it. So that I can access the control of audio jack settings and I tried a lot of tutorials but still it doesnt work. Second I...
  6. No realtek HD audio Driver

No realtek HD audio Driver: Hi, my new predator laptop running windows 10 pro doesnt have realtek hd audio, just Realtek audio. i cannot find realtek in my control panel. Even thou my headphones work in this laptop, they are not detected as headphones, just speakers....
  7. Realtek HD Audio Driver "Not Plugged In"

Realtek HD Audio Driver "Not Plugged In": Hello, I have spent many days trying to fix this problem but have still not solved it. Basically I want to set headphones as my default output instead of speakers but when I open up the sound settings there is no option for headphones. (I have not disabled or disconnected...
  8. Latest Realtek HD audio driver R2.82

Latest Realtek HD audio driver R2.82: Just noticed that the latest Realtek HD Audio driver R2.82 which seems to be included with the 1903 Windows 10 release preview removes the option to re-assign jacks (rear and front) to different sources such as front output. A bit annoying if you dont have a surround system...
  9. Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [archive]

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [archive]: [img] Information Archive of old posts from Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Windows 10 Forums 98238
  10. Having issues installing latest Realtek hd audio driver

Having issues installing latest Realtek hd audio driver: I'm currently running driver version .7541 however can't seem to get .7571 to work (located hereLatest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version.) Downloaded and extracted fine however whenever I try to run the update and removal tool(highlighted below) included in the file, nothing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 6.0.1.8186 (2.82)

2. realtek HD Audio complete removal 2.82