Windows 10: Latest Update Broke Port Forwarding

Discus and support Latest Update Broke Port Forwarding in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I run multiple Minecraft servers on my Windows 10 desktop. Just recently, I rebooted my PC to install updates, and now my servers can no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EpicFilmmaker, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Latest Update Broke Port Forwarding

I run multiple Minecraft servers on my Windows 10 desktop. Just recently, I rebooted my PC to install updates, and now my servers can no longer communicate even though I have set up my static IP and port forwarded correctly. I have attached an image to prove that everything is set up to allow my servers to communicate, but that they cannot. I immediately figured out that the update must have caused the problem, and uninstalled it manually. Instantly the port jumped back online and players could once again connect. But it wasn't long before Windows 10 forced the update to reinstall and reboot the computer. Except this time, the update froze, leaving my computer at 37% installing updates for about 15 minutes before I gave up and manually shut the computer down by holding the power button. When it rebooted, it said the update had failed, and yet my servers remained disconnected from their ports. I told the computer to reinstall the update so it wouldn't force-reboot later. My troubleshooting process was interrupted my a Spring Break vacation. When I returned, my computer notified me that yet another update was available, and I installed it in the hopes that it had fixed the issue. No such luck. I created a random test port in my router for port 80, and it still shows up as being closed. My friends and I are starting to miss our servers, but I have tried everything I can think of and my servers remain offline despite the ports being set up properly.

P.S. I checked Windows Firewall, and it is not blocking Java.

Latest Update Broke Port Forwarding [​IMG]

:)

EpicFilmmaker, Mar 28, 2016
  2. Ph73 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update broke my LAN port

It seem that the latest Windows 10 Fall update 1709 fix the lan broke issue for old laptop. Just update this morning and it fix my dell laptop broadcom lan port.

3. takumi86 Win User
    Ethernet Driver for Asus motherboard Error code 10

Have you tried to rollback the driver for your LAN? You can also follow this link for the latest updates regarding this concern: Windows 10 Creators Update broke my LAN port.
    Thanks.

takumi86, Mar 28, 2016
  4. Datapod Win User

Latest Update Broke Port Forwarding

I'm no expert in your particular configuration but, as it appears your port forwarding is being accomplished by a standalone Netgear router (my apologies if I'm missing something) which would be unaffected by Windows update I'd have to suggest that the problem lies elsewhere. i.e... not a port forwarding issue.

If it were me I'd start with the support forums or other online resources for server software or other items involved in your particular setup and see if others are reporting similar breakage after the last update.

D

Datapod, Mar 28, 2016
Thema:

Latest Update Broke Port Forwarding

1. Latest Update Broke Port Forwarding - Similar Threads - Latest Update Broke

2. Forwarded port filtered

in Windows 10 Support
    Forwarded port filtered: Hello My name is Bo and I live in Sweden. I'm a member of a small songgroup and we try to find a way to reherse from our different homes- (Normal Videoconference software have far too much latency). we have found a software which seems to do the work if we can have a server...
  3. Port forward

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port forward: Why do the various sites online for checking the router's open ports see the doors closed, while they are open? I have a Fastweb Fastgate router. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/7c87e27e-60f9-4ff3-9582-f20582de3024
  4. Port Forward

Port Forward: How do I port forward? I tried portforward.com but did not work.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/00a563a6-dab5-478b-9547-f6c19f73e1a8
  5. PORT FORWARDING

PORT FORWARDING: HEY, i tried a lot!!! but i am not successful in port fordwarding... where is the problem, i don't know. How to solve.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forwarding/581bf140-fd49-471c-8412-dc44d9023e79
  6. Port forwarding issue

Port forwarding issue: I have a public IP address and sometimes host game servers on my PC. I was perfectly able to do this before, but now any server that I create doesn't seem to be visible from the outside of network. I made no changes to the network configuration, the only thig that appears to...
  7. Port Forwarding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Port Forwarding: Need to open up ports for an upcoming project (HTTPs, SSH, and RDP). I've added all these services in the "port forwarding" section of my network settings. However when scanning with netstat, I cannot find these ports enabled. Pinging directly with telnet I get a failed...
  8. Can't port forwarding

Can't port forwarding: [ATTACH] Port serviciu = Service port Port intern = Intern port Adresa IP = IP Address Protocol = Protocol Toate = All Stare = Status Activat = On/Activated Modificare = Modify Stergere = Delete I am trying to portforward a server but it doesn't work [ATTACH] I...
  9. Port forwarding not working

Port forwarding not working: Im trying open a port on my computer to allow torrent programs to upload better. problem is I cant seem to get this done. [img] [img] 67774
  10. Port forwarding help

Port forwarding help: How can i make port forwarding? I can't seem to make it. 86212