Windows 10: Latest update causes dual log in

Discus and support Latest update causes dual log in in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got an automatic update yesterday (Sunday). When I restarted it came up with two Avatars of my login. When I tried to log on, one of the two had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fireberd, Nov 30, 2014.

1. fireberd Win User

Latest update causes dual log in

I got an automatic update yesterday (Sunday). When I restarted it came up with two Avatars of my login. When I tried to log on, one of the two had no log in info and the other had my password blank. I had it setup to automatically log in but that is also gone. I didn't try to resolve the log in issue yesterday. I'll attack it later today.

I don't know what the update was, as I didn't get logged back on.

:)

fireberd, Nov 30, 2014

2. Forced Boot Order

Hello, I have recently enconutered a problem with the latest windows update, that caused my dual boot not to boot properly. It loads windows all of the time, even after reinstallation of the dual boot. The dual boot was working before the update, and the
    only way that you can access the other Os is by manually switching to it with f12.

Also the second operating system does not appear on Msconfig.

So just to clarify, it loads the windows boot loader instead of the grub boot loader.

Specs

Toshiba Satellite

Windows 10 Home fully updated

Dual boot: Ubuntu Desktop 15.10 fully updated

Default grub bootloader

Default windows bootloader

Neoredstone, Nov 30, 2014
  3. Windows 10 latest update in sleep mode causes screen to flicker and cannot wake

Has anyone had any recent issues with the latest Windows 10 update as of January 1, 2018?

When my computer enters sleep mode, when I wake it via mouse or keyboard, the screen just flickers and continues flashing random colors and cannot wake. I have to then power down and power back up to use my computer. My computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad, Intel
    core i7-6700HQ, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, Windows 10 Pro.

MCBossGirl, Nov 30, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

The only time I get the two avatars on login is when I have it set up for automatic. On manual(enter password) it's just one.

Odd..Issue?? Not sure right now.

BunnyJ, Nov 30, 2014
  5. fireberd Win User
    Mine was working with the automatic log in until the update.

fireberd, Nov 30, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    What was the KB number of the update??

The only one I received yesterday was this:
    Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.189.1085.0)

BunnyJ, Nov 30, 2014
  7. fireberd Win User
    I'm not sure what the update was, but it was more than a defender update as during restart on both closing down and starting up I got messages about installing updates. Its still setup for automatic updates. I'm going to change that to manual.

fireberd, Nov 30, 2014
  8. fireberd Win User

There were two updates to Win 10 that I got, along with the Defender update and some C++ updates. Who knows which one caused the problem. I did a "refresh" and it seems to be OK now. If not, I'll just do a complete reinstall. One of the things with Beta versions, there will be problems.

fireberd, Dec 1, 2014
  9. The December Update was KB3020114 -- and according to the details, was specifically to address the explorer problem.

Mark Phelps, Dec 2, 2014
  10. cjb4 Win User
    My log in also shows 2 avatars now. Has been for the last couple of weeks. I didn't notice which update resulted in the change. I am assuming that one log in is me and the other for Administrator (me). I had to reset them both to auto for log in to happen automatically.

11. fireberd Win User
    I only have to set the one for auto log in. In fact the other doesn't show in the screen when I set the auto log in.

I haven't found where the second one is located, so I can remove it. But, as it is now, its not interfering.

fireberd, Dec 23, 2014
  12. Edwin New Member
    I always suspected it had something to do MS signing in along with you as they are monitoring this build, but I could be dreaming. *Wink

Latest update causes dual log in [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest update causes dual log in - Similar Threads - Latest update causes

2. Latest Update caused BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Update caused BSOD: So last night my PC updated to i presume OS Build 19041.1110. Since the update i only get Black Screen of death with visible mouse cursor. I have rebooted and reset windows to no success. I have rebooted in safe mode and disabled my GPU AMD 460 via device manager which then...
  3. latest win10 update causing log on problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    latest win10 update causing log on problems: Having to sign in to virtually everything after the latest win 10 update every time I reboot. How do I get back to the previous update? Definitely a Microsoft problem because it happened immediately after they updated win 10...
  4. Latest update cause error

Latest update cause error: I have installed the latest updates which have caused a stop code: unmountable_boot_volume. I am trying to uninstall the update but newed my bitlocker key but it has the incorrect identifier...
  5. dual monitor not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor not working after latest update: my laptop is not picking up the dual monitor after last nights windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-not-working-after-latest-update/07c08b35-2ee3-4f46-844d-eafd39803c43
  6. Latest update causing a boot loop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update causing a boot loop?: Latest update came out, my computer updated last night. My computer now will boot up, allow me to login for from 3-10 minutes and then reboot back to login. Computer never cycles power at all. Anyone else having issue? submitted by /u/hutch0607 [link] [comments]...
  7. Internet problems caused by latest update

Internet problems caused by latest update: Hi all, I have installed KB4541335. Now I have a problem that my laptop is connected to router, but there is no internet. Th IP address starts from 169. I tried to install optional update KB4554364, but it seems it did not help. I have found some temporary solution - I have...
  8. Buzzing noises, caused by latest update?

Buzzing noises, caused by latest update?: My laptop has started emitting a random glitchy buzzing noise when playing videos or music, it was fine for years and has just started doing it in the last few weeks Things I have looked at so far Restarting the machine Trying different programs (Spotify, Firefox, VLC)...
  9. Latest Window Update causing problems

Latest Window Update causing problems: I accepted a recommended Windows 10 update a few weeks ago and am having at least two problems. I tried clicking on a link in some email, which was doing OK before the latest update of Windows 10. When I click on the link, I get a message telling me that the "operation has...
  10. Latest Update Causing Freezing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update Causing Freezing?: Hey guys. Latest windows update has been causing me a major headache, I thought it mightve been that issue mentioned about a similar issue but apparently its been fixed, what ive been experiencing has been near identical however, despite being on the most recent windows...