Windows 10: Latest update -- Control panel no longer working

Discus and support Latest update -- Control panel no longer working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there After latest update I find that Control Panel is no longer working --it starts (displays) and then locks up and then disappears after a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Dec 2, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Latest update -- Control panel no longer working

Hi there

After latest update I find that Control Panel is no longer working --it starts (displays) and then locks up and then disappears after a few seconds.

Is my system broken or is control panel now disabled )get to it via Right mouse from Windows start button).

Running W10 X-64 pro.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 2, 2015

2. Control Panel no longer working in Windows 10https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-control-panel-not-working/e2654ef5-38e1-4fc6-9278-d8c8126f72ef

FWIW I think I would try some diagnosis and less disruptive repair ideas first.

For example, test whether your Win- key problem is due to your keyboard or whether the Win- key function is the problem by using the On-Screen Keyboard. E.g. Start... osk.exe

I think the OneDrive issue might only be a corrupted shortcut. So, we could try to find a different way to try to start OneDrive... So, when I do right-click Open Location I get (the equivalent of):

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Then right-click Properties on the OneDrive Shortcut in there shows its Target is (the equivalent of):

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe

Try Launching it that way? It would be the equivalent of the shortcut but bypass the shortcut.

As for Google Chrome (or any other apps that are not working properly) I would first try to uninstall and reinstall (or Repair, if the app provides that option as an alternative when you try to uninstall it).

BTW thanks for the feedback. ; )

Good luck

Robert

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Dec 2, 2015
  3. kab42 Win User
    Control Panel no longer working in Windows 10https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-control-panel-not-working/e2654ef5-38e1-4fc6-9278-d8c8126f72ef

Robert! You are awesome. Thank you. I am so relieved I can finally access Control Panel. I used to use right click to access RUN and did not know I could do so through Task Manager. Thank you so much!! Would you agree that my only solution to fix these
    oddities is to reinstall windows? I would appreciate your insight.

kab42, Dec 2, 2015
  4. Latest update -- Control panel no longer working

not sure on the problem, but its not disabled, just tried accessing the same way as you and it works fine

paulsalter, Dec 2, 2015
  5. essenbe Win User
    Jimbo, I used mine this morning and it works as usual. You may have something wrong with your system. Maybe try running sfc and see if there is any corruption.

essenbe, Dec 2, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Just tried my again and I didn't have any issues.

BunnyJ, Dec 2, 2015
  7. gtspeck Win User
    My control panel is working as it should. Something must have gotten corrupted during your upgrade.*Think

gtspeck, Dec 2, 2015
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

did a system restore -- working fine again.
    Sfc scannow couldn't find anything wrong. Did update again and it's fine.

Thanks everyone.

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 2, 2015
  9. essenbe Win User
    Great. Glad you have it running right again.

essenbe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest update -- Control panel no longer working - Similar Threads - Latest update Control

2. Control Panel is not opening or working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel is not opening or working: For last 3 days, Suddenly control panel is not opening or working. The issue I am facing is that when I click on the control panel icon, there is no response to it there is just the animation shown of clicking it and then there is nothing, not even the animation of loading....
  3. Control Panel is not opening or working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel is not opening or working: For last 3 days, Suddenly control panel is not opening or working. The issue I am facing is that when I click on the control panel icon, there is no response to it there is just the animation shown of clicking it and then there is nothing, not even the animation of loading....
  4. Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update: I've been using the Realtek Audio Control app from the MS Store for configuring the Realtek 5-channel audio on my Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite motherboard. Since the latest Windows update this app seems to have disappeared. When I tried to update it from the MS Store I got an...
  5. Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update: I've been using the Realtek Audio Control app from the MS Store for configuring the Realtek 5-channel audio on my Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite motherboard. Since the latest Windows update this app seems to have disappeared. When I tried to update it from the MS Store I got an...
  6. Realtek Audio Control no longer working after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  8. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  9. Control Panel/ Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel/ Windows update: I was looking through my control panel this morning and I saw Update for Windows 10 for x64-based system(kb40...... as one of the apps installed on january 11 2018 and I was wondering if I should delete it...
  10. Themes no longer in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Themes no longer in control panel: Greetings! First, thank you for having a forum for helping those of us who can't leave anything alone. *Huh Now onto my query... I stupidly tried to copy a theme file into Windows/Resources/Themes. Following this idiotic act, my themes and display options no longer...