Windows 10: Latest update crashes Office (Excel) files.

Discus and support Latest update crashes Office (Excel) files. in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi, This morning I realised Win 10 updated itself overnight. In doing so it has caused serious problems with my old trustworthy Office XP. I can't open... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by keithy397, May 8, 2018.

1. keithy397 Win User

Latest update crashes Office (Excel) files.

Hi,
    This morning I realised Win 10 updated itself overnight. In doing so it has caused serious problems with my old trustworthy Office XP. I can't open any files or enter any data as all files crash. I have uninstalled and re-installed (with restarts) twice but it doesn't fix the problem.

Any ideas please?

Cheers,
    Keith

:)

keithy397, May 8, 2018
Thema:

Latest update crashes Office (Excel) files.

1. Latest update crashes Office (Excel) files. - Similar Threads - Latest update crashes

2. office excel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    office excel: I cannot open excel on my desk top, I do not know why or what happened. The message reads...... [TargetInvocationException} Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation,: [ExternalException] A generic error occurred in GDI+.....this is exactly as it reads. Does...
  3. office excel 2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    office excel 2007: why do I keep getting an error in office 2007 STDOLE32.tlb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-excel-2007/b77a8896-af42-4b81-9012-8ab19c1963bc
  4. Excel v16 - office 365 - Multiple crashes & hangs

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel v16 - office 365 - Multiple crashes & hangs: Hello, see logs of issue with Excel that keeps occuring (there are more but just put those for the moment). I'm looking for advice & troubleshooting steps to try and zone in on the cause of these. One instance of Excel was open in all the crashes & hangs. OS: Windows 10...
  5. Excel crash after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Excel crash after update: After last updates the Excel crashes when try to edit cells. Now there is Win 10 Mobile version 1709, OS build 10.0.16352.50016 and Excel 16002.10717.20001.0...
  6. Latest Update crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Update crashing: Since July 4th,I have had nothing but problems with my laptop. I assume it is due to yet another unrequested update.I have to post this asap,I realize without as much info because my pc is going to crash..again. It is win 10,only 14 mos old, been checked and said it is NOT my...
  7. Excel crashes after update

Excel crashes after update: Hi, My PC recently did an automatic update or something similar and now Excel crashes suddenly if I edit certain cells on spreadsheets. I have tried creating new spreadsheets thinking maybe the old ones were corrupted but same thing. I feel its related to the update. This...
  8. Latest Office Updates for Windows

Latest Office Updates for Windows: Latest Office Insider Updates Office Insider v1805 build 9320.2001 - April 24 Office Insider Monthly Channel (Targeted) v1804 build 9226.2082 - April 17 Latest Office 2016 and Office 365 Updates Office 2016 and Office 365 Monthly Channel v1804 build 9226.2114 - April 25...
  9. ABBYY crashes Office 16, Winword and Excel on Win10

ABBYY crashes Office 16, Winword and Excel on Win10: This documents a problem not posted but solved by a friend. I'm posting it because when he called MS for help the solution was the first thing the tech suggested and I could find no reference to it on this site or anywhere else; therefore, it must occur often and should...
  10. Office 365 / Excel 'corrupt' file

Office 365 / Excel 'corrupt' file: Hi Running W10 pro...with office 365 Outlook/Excel etc... Excel is giving me fits. Opening an excel file within an email gives me 'corrupt' file. If I save the file I will be able to open it up *sometimes*. I have tricked the OS into opening the file by printing from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook multiple crashes after 18362 build update

2. latest office 365 update crashes

3. computer crash after KB4487017