Windows 10: latest update failed on me just now.....

Discus and support latest update failed on me just now..... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys, Well today i want to update and there where 2 available (do not recall what ...) so i started the update, hoping that my Homegroup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jeffrys, Oct 22, 2015.

1. jeffrys Win User

latest update failed on me just now.....

Hey guys,

Well today i want to update and there where 2 available (do not recall what ...) so i started the update, hoping that my

Homegroup would be fixed.

But then i get the blue screen with the HUGE text Update ran into an error...Could not read the rest, text was to large.

But Windows restarted all by itself some 3 times, always the same text.

Since i recently deleted the Windows.Old files i was afraid that restore would become an issue.

So the 4d restart offered me to put in a CD or USB stick, but i don't have any off those anymore.

But i did get the option to enter DOS (do not know very much about DOS), but also to use a restore point and hehehe i take one at least every week.

So i had several options here, chose the one from 19/10/2015 taken just after the Build was installed. This option, in

my opinion, is the fastest to get back online. I mean one can use other options, but that will only use more time.

And yes pc IS back online.

Why i mention all this; well, some others might get into that problem also.

Everyone should make a restore point at least once a week and even without Windows.Old one can get away with a

problem like this.

And oh yes, i make a new Restore Point right now.

Jeff

:)

jeffrys, Oct 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 update sign in issue

I just installed the latest windows update and now cannot log into my laptop. Says User profile servcie failed the sign-in

PeteBrotherton, Oct 22, 2015
  3. KB4048953 (14393.1884.1.3) failed to install

Hi Samlris,

Exactly, Windows Update downloaded the cumulative update KB4048953 that failed to install. Windows Update suggested Retry, which I did several times, all failed. So I thought I should just try the Delta update KB4048953. That succeeded.

Windows Update acquires the latest update automatically. I do not have a choice.

Normally I do not apply update package manually. I only do that when Windows Update failed.

I have not heard of 14393.1794. Remember I use Windows Update only!

When Windows Update failed it does not tell me at what stage it failed.

Why should I go back to 14393.1794 when I am now in 14393.1884 ?

I am just a Windows user.

joseph_lcl, Oct 22, 2015
  4. jeffrys Win User

I stand corrected....

Microsoft offered this afternoon again a update and i was thinking that they would repair what THEY did wrong.

But no, again BLUE SCREEEN...just the same as before.

Recovery ended succesfully, so you would think averything is ok, i don't believe it...

In my opinion i am scr.wd.

Unless someone comes up with a brilliant idea.

I could do a refresh, but what are the concequences...

Jeff

jeffrys, Oct 22, 2015
  5. You could give a try to my little fix/mix of windows commands. Run it as admin, wait for like 30 min, choose what to clean (preferably everything) and then windows update window will appear and check for updates.

TairikuOkami, Oct 23, 2015
  6. jeffrys Win User
    hi Tairiku,

check for updates is working, only something went wrong, but do not know what.

Next time this happens and i think it will happen, i will take a photo from the error message. Do not think i can take a PRTSCRN in that stage.

I will download your Fixbat and if necessary use it.

In my opinion i have a corrupted file, but who knows

thanks

jeff

jeffrys, Oct 23, 2015
  7. robgr Win User
    Likley kb3105208 is the culprit, see here

robgr, Oct 23, 2015
  8. latest update failed on me just now.....

That one is for Windows beta, it would be great to create a subforum for people using Insider version, since their problems are more unique than others and not everyone states in Info, if he uses beta version or RTM.

TairikuOkami, Oct 23, 2015
  9. jeffrys Win User
    Well Rob,

you are right.

finally i looked into the history for my updates and twice KB3105208 failed to install.

Since then other updates have been installed, but not KB3105208.

But according to this:

KB3105208 - Microsoft News

Microsoft removed the update and everyone should be BSOD free.

Thanks guys

Jeff

jeffrys, Oct 23, 2015
  10. jeffrys Win User
    Well again, i was too fast, what i said above is true, BUT now i cannot enter the store anymore. Also my Internet Edge icon on the taskbar all of a sudden is gone. I thought i did something wrong, but now 5 minutes later my Oulook icon is gone also.

See the pic where all the exclamation marks are.
    latest update failed on me just now..... [​IMG]

Strange MS. Very strange.

Jeff

jeffrys, Oct 23, 2015
  11. robgr Win User
    There are issues for start menu & task bar icons disapperaing, going blank etc.
    If you search on the forum you'll find numerous threads, no obvious causes or fixes that work for everyone
    For me moving to a new build fixed the issue of blank icons although Google Chrome has now gone blank on the start menu
    I am on the fast ring so one might argue I can't moan but I'd argue that some of the issues still shouldn't be present even in a 'beta'
    A good way of reducing testing cost by throwing it over the fence, not a good customer experience!

robgr, Oct 23, 2015
  12. Word Man Win User
    Do you mean something like this? Windows Insider - Windows 10 Forums

Word Man, Oct 23, 2015
  13. jeffrys Win User

Well, i did loose Store, Foto's (impossible to to open Foto's (open with) and also even extra large icons do not show a pic) and lost allsoHomegroup.

Did restore the oldest recovery i have, from oct 15th, so earlier then i thought and now i have Store back, can reproduce foto's as should, but no small pic when opening via Extra large icons.

And still no Homegroup as well.

Jeff

jeffrys, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. latest update failed on me just now..... - Similar Threads - latest update failed

2. latest update fails to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    latest update fails to install: 2023-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5029263 2 I've tried this 8 times, fails with 'Failed to install 0x8007000d/0x80248007'...
  3. Just ran latest updates and now my Bluetooth is gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just ran latest updates and now my Bluetooth is gone: I just ran the latest Windows 10 July updates, and now my Bluetooth is gone. When I brought up Device Manager nothing showed until I displayed hidden devices. When I look at the info for the Bluetooth device Raylink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter it says:"Windows cannot load the...
  4. Just ran latest updates and now my Bluetooth is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just ran latest updates and now my Bluetooth is gone: I just ran the latest Windows 10 July updates, and now my Bluetooth is gone. When I brought up Device Manager nothing showed until I displayed hidden devices. When I look at the info for the Bluetooth device Raylink Bluetooth PCIe Adapter it says:"Windows cannot load the...
  5. Just ran latest updates and now my Bluetooth is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Latest update fails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update fails: I restarted the pc for 5-6 times now but windows keeps directing me to the blue troubleshooting page. Is there an easy fix or do I need to completely re-install Windows 10? submitted by /u/jetnarsense [link] [comments]...
  7. It keeps failing the latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It keeps failing the latest update: As the title says, I have already tried troubleshooting but it doesn’t see the problem. submitted by /u/jabclap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fypln8/it_keeps_failing_the_latest_update/
  8. Latest update fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update fails: Does anyone know how to fix problems concerning the latest update? I have been in contact with several 'so-called' customer service reps who evidently have no idea of what they're doing. I have downloaded, re-downloaded, restarted and did everything they told me to do for a...
  9. Latest update failed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest update failed: I got this message when I logged on Saturday Dec 5, 2015. Went to check for updates, expecting NONE and got this message, Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3122947) - Error 0x800706 Any ideas or suggestions for a fix?? 32676
  10. Windows 10 completely different after latest update, is it just me?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 completely different after latest update, is it just me?: Edit: Although I received a message of "Updates were successfully installed" right after I opened my computer to all these changes on 8/23, the last update registered is for 8/20 (I did use my computer between these dates), so it may not be an update issue, but those updates...