Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop.

Discus and support Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; There were two updates waiting for me today. An NVIDIA update which installed OK and the laptop ran fine afterwards, then an update for Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rafikiphoto, Jun 1, 2018.

1. rafikiphoto Win User

There were two updates waiting for me today. An NVIDIA update which installed OK and the laptop ran fine afterwards, then an update for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I left it to update and reboot and then I came back to a BSOD. I restarted and I got a message 'Diagnosing PC' then a message that the drive C: must be checked and could take an hour (2TB SDD). After a minute it rebooted and got to the blue window with the spinning beads which spun for 30 seconds and froze. After 2 hours it is still like that. Is it normal to do that? Should I leave it longer? Help needed please.

:)

rafikiphoto, Jun 1, 2018
Thema:

Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop. - Similar Threads - Latest update 1803

1. Latest update has removed iTunes from default apps by types

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest update has removed iTunes from default apps by types: I've never had a problem with any of the updates until this last one. As the title indicates iTunes does not show up as an alternative choice. iTunes starts as always, but no music is played. I've even downloaded the app from the windows store and it does not appear as well....
  2. Twitter PWA for Windows 10 gets improved Explore tab in latest update

in Windows 10 News
    Twitter PWA for Windows 10 gets improved Explore tab in latest update: Twitter recently released its PWA app for Windows 10 both on PCs. The Twitter PWA has received many new features since it was first made available in the Microsoft Store. Today the social networking company is releasing another new update for its Twitter PWA on Windows 10...
  3. I cant hear anything. Latest Win 10 update broke my audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cant hear anything. Latest Win 10 update broke my audio.: Just like the title says the latest update broke my audio. After Updating, all devices in volume mixer show to be working. With the green bar jumping every time it hears me or the pc audio but I still can't hear anything. I've trouble shot every thing I can think of. As a...
  4. Latest Win 10 update broke my audio. I cant hear anything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Win 10 update broke my audio. I cant hear anything.: Just like the title says the latest update broke my audio. After Updating, all devices in volume mixer show to be working. With the green bar jumping every time it hears me or the pc audio but I still can't hear anything. I've trouble shot every thing I can think of. As a...
  5. After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After latest W10 update, suddenly lost a lot of hd space: Hi there, After the last Windows 10 update, I sudden lost almost 10 gigs of SSD hd space. Getting the message. I've tried uninstalling what bloatware I could find and cleaning the cache/recycling/temp files, etc. I don't know where this extra weight is coming from. Has...
  6. Radeon 6450 and latest 1803 feature update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Radeon 6450 and latest 1803 feature update: My old machine is HP P6007 with onboard Radeon 4200 graphics on the mobo and an MSI Radeon 6450 graphics card. It was working fine with initial release 1803. I was away last week and the latest feature update caused my display to be very pixelated and unusable. I fixed it by...
  7. Windows Update 1803 Incompatible with latest Conexant HD Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update 1803 Incompatible with latest Conexant HD Audio Driver: Windows Update 1803 Incompatible with latest Conexant HD Audio Driver with Dolby Speakers . The result is muted speakers despite audio visualization in sound property seems to work well . Uninstalling driver and disabling device updates the default High Definition Audio...