Windows 10: Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop.

Discus and support Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There were two updates waiting for me today. An NVIDIA update which installed OK and the laptop ran fine afterwards, then an update for Windows 10 Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rafikiphoto, Jun 1, 2018.

1. rafikiphoto Win User

Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop.

There were two updates waiting for me today. An NVIDIA update which installed OK and the laptop ran fine afterwards, then an update for Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I left it to update and reboot and then I came back to a BSOD. I restarted and I got a message 'Diagnosing PC' then a message that the drive C: must be checked and could take an hour (2TB SDD). After a minute it rebooted and got to the blue window with the spinning beads which spun for 30 seconds and froze. After 2 hours it is still like that. Is it normal to do that? Should I leave it longer? Help needed please.

:)

rafikiphoto, Jun 1, 2018
  2. arnelvictorio Win User

windows version 1803 bricked my laptop

Hi, can someone help me on the 1803 windows version, i have sihost.exe error, explorer.exe error desktop unavailable and a black screen, I cannot even used my laptop because the update bricked my laptop

arnelvictorio, Jun 25, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 25, 2018
  4. jaggerwild Win User

BIOS update bricks laptop

I love these titles never hung out at a forum but, BIOS update bricks laptop!!! Suddenly your a lap top computer expert

jaggerwild, Jun 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest update for 1803 bricked my laptop. - Similar Threads - Latest update 1803

2. Windows 10 bricked my Laptop, failed to install October update 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 bricked my Laptop, failed to install October update 2018: First of all, I would like to keep things civil here with respect to the forum moderators and the community here, as I can see that everyone is working tirelessly to help solve and mitigate the problems that they had. Except that, Windows 10 is a broken product. It comes...
  3. Windows update bricked my bios ?? Thought to be impossible ?

Windows update bricked my bios ?? Thought to be impossible ?: Windows forced update after 35 day disable activated (This week) MSI - Z87-G43 * Intel i5 4670K Gigabyte 1050Ti * SGT baracudda Windows Pre Bricked - Ver 1709 I had my pc running in the background updating my steam library , While that was going on i was cleaning my...
  4. Defect with chkdsk - rel 1803 with latest updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Defect with chkdsk - rel 1803 with latest updates: Hi folks Trying chkdsk C: /r (as administrator) you get prompt do you want to run it at next restart. W10 X-64 PRO 1803 latest updates. OK restart - you see message hit any key to skip disk check then you just get the logon screen in almost milliseconds - no log / console...
  5. October Update Bricked my ASUS Laptop

October Update Bricked my ASUS Laptop: I am going to TRY to avoid the obvious rant by just saying "Microsoft. Leave my damn computer ALONE!" System working fine on October 1. It is a WORKING system that I use to MAKE MY LIVING. Unfortunately, I was forced into a Windows system becuase the necessary software is...
  6. Unauthorized W10 update bricked laptop

Unauthorized W10 update bricked laptop: Apparently Microsoft tried to update my laptop from 7 to 10 without any agreement from me (I even had auto updates turned off). Now the computer does nothing but display the words below on the screen. 'Reboot and select proper Boot device and press any key' Any help?...
  7. Windows 10 update bricked my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update bricked my pc: Since the last windows patch, every time i download it and update it and restart my pc it bricks my pc and the update doesnt go through. i already reset my pc twice and wiped everything and did a complete reboot; everything worked fine in the beginning until i dowloaded the...
  8. June 22 2018 Windows update bricked my laptop - Aspire ES1-533

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    June 22 2018 Windows update bricked my laptop - Aspire ES1-533: LAPTOP-0S4SVVNP Aspire ES1-533 Edition Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 10.0.17134.81 Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU N4200 @ 1.10GHz Graphics card Intel(R) HD Graphics System OSType64BitX64 RAM 8 GB Last time your device status changed:...
  9. W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC: I defer any major feature update for 6 months to let others iron out the faults created by dodgy MS software engineering.
  10. Bricked Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Bricked Laptop: Hello, Been trying all kinds of things to get this laptop stable again. Originally came with Win8; upgraded to Win10. Unit bricked on me during an update. I've run command line Svc/scannow; chkdsk; both came back negative. Did last two restore points - latest, then...