Windows 10: Latest Update Has Ruined My Recording Abilities

Discus and support Latest Update Has Ruined My Recording Abilities in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I use my PC mostly for recording music but the latest Windows update has interfered with my USB analog to digital device (Focusrite Scarelett... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Brian K W, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Brian K W Win User

Latest Update Has Ruined My Recording Abilities

Hello,

I use my PC mostly for recording music but the latest Windows update has interfered with my USB analog to digital device (Focusrite Scarelett 2i2 1st gen)

Since the update my PC still recognizes the 2i2 but recording programs like Audacity and Acoustica now say things like "An Error Occurred While Recording" when I hit record.
    I've reinstalled all programs and the 2i2 drivers with no success.

I know this is from the Update since I was recording successfully just before the update and has happened on another PC.
    I contacted Focusrite yesterday but I haven't received a reply yet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Brian

:)

Brian K W, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Windows HDR has ruined my ability to watch movies

Windows HDR insists on turning on now after the Fall update. The colors are horrible and it has completely ruined my ability to watch HDR movies on my tv. It is a disgusting fail on the part of Microsoft and I couldn't be more upset about it. I use
    MadVR and was very happy with how it worked before Microsoft felt that they had to step in and force their version of HDR on me.

ChristopherST, Jul 17, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest Update Has Ruined My Recording Abilities - Similar Threads - Latest Update Has

2. Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC: Title.my Pc is now constantly **** running at 9 fps thanks to the latest windows UWP update, thank you very **** much for not letting me do anything about it either; I cannot force uninstall the UWP update nor the latest windows update! It has completely **** my AMD Adrenalin...
  3. Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your latest **** update absolutely ruined my PC: Title.my Pc is now constantly **** running at 9 fps thanks to the latest windows UWP update, thank you very **** much for not letting me do anything about it either; I cannot force uninstall the UWP update nor the latest windows update! It has completely **** my AMD Adrenalin...
  4. Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer: The latest update March 14, 2023—KB5023696 OS Builds 19042.2728, 19044.2728, and 19045.2728 - Microsoft Supportcompletely ruined my software.Here are the problems I ran into : First, my Firefox browser just stopped being able to start. I would restart it, and it would freeze...
  5. Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Microsoft Update completely ruined my computer: The latest update March 14, 2023—KB5023696 OS Builds 19042.2728, 19044.2728, and 19045.2728 - Microsoft Supportcompletely ruined my software.Here are the problems I ran into : First, my Firefox browser just stopped being able to start. I would restart it, and it would freeze...
  6. Latest update ruined my access to files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest update ruined my access to files.: Can someone help me get in touch with Microsoft complaint department someone who might actually care!. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-ruined-my-access-to-files/f57990af-885e-4199-8ffe-861cb9d89821
  7. Latest update has ruined my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update has ruined my pc: Every time it installs, my pc hard reboots about 3-4 times then takes me to failed to start up screen so I go to troubleshoot it and it just uninstalls the update. Then it crashes again after a while and repeats the same process and uninstalls another update (idk if its the...
  8. Ability To Record

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ability To Record: Hello - After recent update, I have lost ability to record "virtual audio" and have used "Realtek". I have downloaded from their site, and run through the installation, and it completes this successfully. But when I go to sound settings, show all disabled settings, it is...
  9. Latest Windows Update(s) Ruined My Work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Windows Update(s) Ruined My Work: Yesterday before I went to my office I got a message from Windows asking me to schedule the update. I selected 9AM because I won't be at home. I come back around 5 and as I get ready to go out for a bit I get another message about when I should schedule the update. I...
  10. Inspect Element ruining my ability to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inspect Element ruining my ability to work: I bought a Dell Inspiron 7586 Dec. 8, 2018. I do not use e last couple of months, I've noticed that when writing an email in Chrome or Firefox, the cursor will go crazy. In the midst of a sentence, it will jump up and insert the next word or letter in a prevEdgeious...