Windows 10: Latest update shrunk my desktop icons & text

Discus and support Latest update shrunk my desktop icons & text in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi guys/girls Bit of a strange one here which has affected both my windows 10 pro desktop and laptop. After updating, desktop 10 days ago and laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Fitzy, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Fitzy Win User

Latest update shrunk my desktop icons & text

Hi guys/girls

Bit of a strange one here which has affected both my windows 10 pro desktop and laptop. After updating, desktop 10 days ago and laptop this morning, all the desktop icons and text shrunk on both machines, the layout also changed too, with all the icons overlapping, I always have my desktop icons set to “medium”, but now I I’ve had to change them to “small” icons because in medium I can’t get the same amount of icons in a column as they greatly overlap each other, making the icon text unreadable, even the rows are bunched up now too when set to medium. Does anyone know what’s going on, it seems a BIG coincidence that this happened to both my machines after the latest updates (April 2018 updates I believe).

Cheers

Dave

:)

Fitzy, Jul 13, 2018

2. After Windows 10 update desktop icons shrunk

After microsoft put in updates today all the icons on my desktop have shrunk??

Original Title: updates

cynthialocke, Jul 13, 2018
  3. jumbeen Win User
    Text on Desktop Icons and Windows Explorer shrunk to miniscle size

I ran an upgrade for Embird 2018 digitizing software which possibly triggered Windows upgrades as well. When it finished, the text under my desktop icons and in File Explorer had shrunk to a miniscle size. After reading and trying various ideas on this
    forum, I am still unable to adjust the text back to a readable size. Resizing the Display to 150% didn't work - it just make the icons larger but did nothing to the text. And, no, I don't want to use the Magnifier as it is really annoying. I've restarted
    the system dozens of times to no avail. Can anyone help? I've wasted several hours trying to fix this. I really wish I had never upgraded to Windows 10!

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop]

jumbeen, Jul 13, 2018
  4. Latest update shrunk my desktop icons & text

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

Latest update shrunk my desktop icons & text

1. Latest update shrunk my desktop icons & text - Similar Threads - Latest update shrunk

2. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  3. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  4. Desktop Icon and Folder Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon and Folder Text: Can someone direct me to where I can change the font color of icons and folders appearing on recently acquired HP Envy X360 Laptop running Windows 10? Default seems to be white text which is not legible on light blue background. Need to change either the text color or the...
  5. Desktop Icon text color

Desktop Icon text color: How do you change the windows 10 desktop icons text color? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-text-color/afb02ab9-ff54-4ecc-86c0-f9b4ce215329
  6. Desktop icon text color

Desktop icon text color: The default color for my desktop icons is a white font, which is hard for me to see. I can't seem to find a way to change either the color, size, or bold of the text beneath the icon...
  7. Latest update shrunk my desktop icons/text

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest update shrunk my desktop icons/text: Hi guys/girls Bit of a strange one here which has affected both my windows 10 pro desktop and laptop. After updating, desktop 10 days ago and laptop this morning, all the desktop icons and text shrunk on both machines, the layout also changed too, with all the icons...
  8. desktop icons shrunk after windows 10 update.

desktop icons shrunk after windows 10 update.: Hi, I am having problems after recent updates for windows 10. First thing to change was my keyboard became Americanised. this caused confusion especially when I had to type my email address but I managed to sort it out and it is now back to the UK querty keyboard. However all...
  9. Update caused Shadow on desktop icon text

Update caused Shadow on desktop icon text: Hello, I just had a update on Win10 Pro 64b and it has made my desktop icon text almost unreadable as it has put a black shadow on the text. Any ideas please? Many thanks in advance 60916
  10. Text and icons shrunk to unreadable dots in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Text and icons shrunk to unreadable dots in File Explorer: Suddenly everything in Files Explorer has shrunk almost to tiny dots. The text cannot be read, even if magnified, the icons are just about distinguishable. There is nothing in Settings or Control Panel of relevance. What can I do? Is there a way to replace the Windows...