Windows 10: Latest update **** up my PC

Discus and support Latest update **** up my PC in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The latest 23H2 update totally **** up my PC.Every time I try to start explorer open an drive or folder icon it crashes.It is IMPOSSIBLE to browse what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stefano.9, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Stefano.9 Win User

Latest update **** up my PC

The latest 23H2 update totally **** up my PC.Every time I try to start explorer open an drive or folder icon it crashes.It is IMPOSSIBLE to browse what is on my disks.2 questions:1: who will fix it? 2: how can I permanently disable automatic updates and avoid similar mess in the future?Thanks

:)

Stefano.9, Feb 25, 2024
  2. Arun B J Win User

USB 2 devices not reading after win 10 upgrade, latest INF driver installed.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to go to Manufacturer web site and download and install the latest chipset driver for your device and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to check for the Windows updates and install all the updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 25, 2024
  3. Multiple issues on the pc after the latest update

Hi Donald,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing multiple issues on the pc after the latest update. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the KB number of the update that was installed recently?

• Do you have multiple security software installed on the pc?

• Have you updated all device drivers on the pc?

• Do you have a wired mouse or a wireless mouse?

• On which app are you facing this issue?

• Which program or application was remove after installing this update?

Follow these steps to view installed updates:

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Programs and Features”.

• Click on “View Installed Updates”. Let us know the recent update after which you are facing this issue.

Reply to us with more information to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Latest update **** up my PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

Latest update **** up my PC

1. Latest update **** up my PC - Similar Threads - Latest update ****

2. Latest update **** up my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest update **** up my PC: The latest 23H2 update totally **** up my PC.Every time I try to start explorer open an drive or folder icon it crashes.It is IMPOSSIBLE to browse what is on my disks.2 questions:1: who will fix it? 2: how can I permanently disable automatic updates and avoid similar mess in...
  3. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update killed my PC: Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update....
  4. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update killed my PC: Yesterday before going to sleep I applied the latest update via "Update and shut down". This morning my PC is dead. The fans spin, and some mood lights are on, but it doesn't give any video output on any port, GPU or MB. There's literally no other explanation than the update....
  5. Latest update killed my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Latest update messed up my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update messed up my pc: A couple of days ago I was watching streams when Windows told me there's a new update ready to be installed. I picked the restart later option (manually select when) and returned to wathcing the stream. I fall asleep for like an hour and when I woke up my pc was off. I guess...
  7. The latest update broke my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The latest update broke my PC: Yesterday Night I decided to install the latest Windows update. After two hours of updating, my PC restarted. I was able to log in, but the interface looked like it did when I started my PC the first time and had no Graphics Drivers installed. So I thought ok, guess I need to...
  8. Latest update messed up my PC

Latest update messed up my PC: I just installed an update to windows 10 64bit. Now my Lenovo desktop will load to the Lenovo icon screen and then freezes. I have tried to boot into safe mode and for some reason it will not boot to safe mode either. Anyone know what I should do?...
  9. Latest windows update messed up my PC

Latest windows update messed up my PC: When I tried to log on after the update it prompted me for a pin no. In the past I had always used my password. What is going on? Ive never had a PIN for my computer. I would like to talk to an actual person to help me but of course I cant. Anybody else help? Dave...
  10. Latest Win10 update messed up my PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win10 update messed up my PC: hello! today i've installed the latest update for windows 10 that came out a few days ago. now my pc wont shut down. the leds from my mouse/keyboard turn off as usual, so does my monitor but not my pc. (i have to hold down the power button) furthermore my pc wont restart...