Windows 10: Latest version of Java

Discus and support Latest version of Java in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Download Java for Windows Link to offline installer: Java Downloads for All Operating Systems Recommended Version 8 Update 171 Release Date 17... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cliff S, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Cliff S New Member

Latest version of Java

Download Java for Windows

Link to offline installer: Java Downloads for All Operating Systems

Recommended Version 8 Update 171
    Release Date 17 April 2018

Latest version of Java [​IMG]

Verify Java and Find Out-of-Date Versions

Check to ensure that you have the recommended version of Java installed on your Windows computer and identify any versions that are out of date and should be uninstalled.

Very important for security if you use the browser add-on. Do not forget to tick "Suppress sponsor offers when installing or updating Java" in the Advanced tab before updating-it's at the very bottom:

:)

Cliff S, Aug 18, 2015
  2. hadimassa Win User

Internet Problem Nokia 6300

You write about a Java error. OperaMini is Java (.jar) Uninstall the current version. Download and install the latest version of OperaMini (5?).

hadimassa, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    virtools player

Hi Angela,

To address your concern, we suggest that you install the latest version of Java. Please click on this
    link to get the latest version of Java. After downloading Java, restart the computer and try to install the game.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Latest version of Java

Recommended Version 8 Update 65 (filesize: 571 KB)

Release date October 21, 2015

See first post

Cliff S, Oct 20, 2015
  5. OldMike65 Win User
    Thanks for this info Cliff, never knew we had this choice, I was always just changing the setting during the update.

OldMike65, Oct 20, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome Mike. They're getting sneakier all the time....

Cliff S, Oct 20, 2015
  7. Joergi Win User
    "Suppress sponsor offers when installing or updating Java" - I didn't know such an option exists. Thanks for the info, guys! *Smile

Did the install fail removing older versions for you as well? I had update 60 installed, the 65 installer also found it and I made it remove the old version. However, afterwards all files in the program folder were still there. I had to remove them manually...

Joergi, Oct 20, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Latest version of Java

I always update through Java control panel, over the previous, and it cleans out the older version itself.

Cliff S, Oct 20, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Oct 20, 2015
  11. Joergi Win User
    It should, but that didn't work: It did the clean up, but the files have not been removed. I had to do that by hand.

Joergi, Oct 20, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Do you have Ccleaner? try that if you do. Also check here:

Cliff S, Oct 20, 2015
  13. OldMike65 Win User

Latest version of Java

I run CCleaner maybe 15 times during the day, mostly after being on the internet, it always removes tons of crap, but didn't seem to touch the java files.

OldMike65, Oct 20, 2015
  14. Cliff S New Member
    The thing is, with me, I always keep JAVA turned off in my browser unless I absolutely need it for something specific(better security wise). I have it installed not for the browser, but for Macros in LibreOffice.

Cliff S, Oct 20, 2015
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    That's cool, you have already showed me different ways to remove the older files, other than manually, so Thanks for letting me know about those choices. *Smile

OldMike65, Oct 20, 2015
Thema:

Latest version of Java

1. Latest version of Java - Similar Threads - Latest version Java

2. how do i download windows 10 with foxfire and the latest version of java

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i download windows 10 with foxfire and the latest version of java: how do i download windows ten with foxefire and the latest version of java? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-windows-10-with-foxfire-and-the/4d9d160b-41b5-4f46-9a93-be936e46bf68
  3. how do i download windows 10 with foxfire and the latest version of java

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i download windows 10 with foxfire and the latest version of java: how do i download windows ten with foxefire and the latest version of java? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-windows-10-with-foxfire-and-the/4d9d160b-41b5-4f46-9a93-be936e46bf68
  4. how do i download windows 10 with foxfire and the latest version of java

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. java is not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    java is not working after latest update: my java doesnot work after the last windows update... what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-is-not-working-after-latest-update/03bb7cfc-b509-43c7-a690-085246dbba91
  6. Latest WIN10 version

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest WIN10 version: Good afternoon, Had to update my WIN10 version which I did successfully about seven days ago, or so I thought. Before updating I ran everything to clean up, tidy, and security check everything, as you do. After the update I did everything again just be ... er ... sensible?...
  7. bought a JAVA Minecraft version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bought a JAVA Minecraft version: Hello everyone, I hope there is an explanation in Hebrew here.I bought a JAVA Minecraft versionI received an email invoice with a download link.When I enter the link he asks if I want to buy.Do not understand how to start playing...
  8. Not Updating to Latest Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not Updating to Latest Version: Hi. My laptop has been stuck at "Downloading 0%" for the KB4522355 (OS Build 18362.449) update all week now (I now have the previous version I think it was 18362.418). Is there a way to force the update or to make it restart the attempt to update again? 143748
  9. Latest WIN version?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest WIN version?: Can anyone confirm that I have the latest update installed? I have this Win 10 64-bit version installed ... [img] 88704
  10. Latest version

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest version: How can I tell if I have always got the latest version of Windows 10 on my pc please? If I have automatic updates switched on, is the latest version automatically updated along with other security updates. Many thanks. 89529