Windows 10: Latest version of MS Edge from insider program closes after 5 seconds

Discus and support Latest version of MS Edge from insider program closes after 5 seconds in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently updated to the latest build from the windows insider program build 17713.rs5 release 180706-1551 and since then if I try to open up MS Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PatrickCroker1, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Latest version of MS Edge from insider program closes after 5 seconds

I recently updated to the latest build from the windows insider program build 17713.rs5 release 180706-1551 and since then if I try to open up MS Edge beta (which what the Icon says in the taskbar) it will open for 5 seconds to a blank page then close.

I have Kaspersky, tried disabling that rebooted several times and no change. Any ideas would be helpful

Thank you,

P. Croker

I cannot believe you do not have MS Edge/Explorer listed under windows topics pull down, you even have paint listed!

:)

PatrickCroker1, Jul 12, 2018

2. Microsoft Edge - Malicous Page will not close

An error loop has will not close MS Edge. The program will not close normally. If I task manager the program closed, I get the same page open when I restart MS Edge.

• First Screen warning about an error has a phone number. (844) 332-6363.
    • The second asks if I want to leave the page or stay on the page.
    • Then back to the first screen and repeat.
    I was able to open a second MS Edge, and file out this form.

Thank you for the help.

JosephZanco, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Geo_Rule Win User
    Edge Locks up in Bookmarks after 5 seconds

I have hundreds of bookmarks in dozens of folders that imported from IE into Edge.

This worked okay initially (been on W10 on this computer for a few weeks, but on W10 on my laptop since before official release but without any bookmarks imported on the laptop). However, for the last week or so, including after the update this morning,
    when I start Edge, if I open my bookmarks list and start to browse through it, after about 5 seconds Edge locks up solid and has to be ended with the X in the upper right (which is the only thing in Edge that will respond at that point). Once ended, it takes
    awhile before I can open it again, and when I do it returns to the same page I was at when I closed it (rather than my start page).

Only happens when my bookmarks list is open, and after about 5 seconds each time.

Any ideas?

Geo_Rule, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Latest version of MS Edge from insider program closes after 5 seconds

Microsoft Edge keeps on closing after a few seconds of opening it

Edge is Awesome for Browsing. Seems like this is a problem that many users are facing.
    Do this: Disconnect your Internet and follow these steps

Steps: Microsoft Edge Closes Immediately after opening - Solved | Fix Errors

Windows10users, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Latest version of MS Edge from insider program closes after 5 seconds

1. Latest version of MS Edge from insider program closes after 5 seconds - Similar Threads - Latest version Edge

2. Latest Windows Update/insider program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows Update/insider program: Since mid-last week, I have been trying to install the latest pre-release/preview: 10.025120.1010/Oxc1900101. I get through the first part okay, however when the computer restarts to the second part, it gets as far as 91% and won't go any further. I've let it go for as long...
  3. Latest Windows Update/insider program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows Update/insider program: Since mid-last week, I have been trying to install the latest pre-release/preview: 10.025120.1010/Oxc1900101. I get through the first part okay, however when the computer restarts to the second part, it gets as far as 91% and won't go any further. I've let it go for as long...
  4. Programs close after 2-3 seconds

Programs close after 2-3 seconds: Hello, (sorry if this is in the wrong place it's my first time here...) Currently I am dealing with Windows 10 (20h2 hilariously the about windows tab closes shortly after opening too)randomly closing programs after opening them. It does not happen with everything. Firefox...
  5. Applications closing randomly about 5 seconds after opening

Applications closing randomly about 5 seconds after opening: So I have been having this problem for about a week now. I noticed it from Steam. Steam itself launches fine, but none of the games from within. I will get the splash screen for a few seconds and then it closes. So I started some trouble shooting and noticed that other...
  6. Windows 10 programs closing themselves after a second from opening them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 programs closing themselves after a second from opening them: This started completely out of the blue. I was playing on the pc for a few hours. While I was alt tabbed out of the game to google something, the game closed itself. I was not able to relaunch it, it would just close itself again in a secondin case it matters, its not a new...
  7. Close Windows Automatically After 5 Seconds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Close Windows Automatically After 5 Seconds?: There is this mod loader called "Texmod". Although it's from 2008, I still use it. Basically, you choose a game and the mods, then it launches your modded game. I made a script that automatically chooses the mod and launches your game. Could I made like a batch file the...
  8. Latest version of Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest version of Edge: Hiya folks. I am a member of the windows insider program and today received an email from Microsoft Insider Program regarding a new version of Edge. With a link to download and install it. Clicking download it looks like the program will download and automatically start the...
  9. latest insider programs wifi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    latest insider programs wifi: wifi connection does not start after sleep wifi connection intermittently disappears during active session Please advise I have tried all the standard recommendations with no change...
  10. Edge Dev latest version

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Dev latest version: Help needed how to enable dark theme on latest Edge Dev version. (W 10 x64. latest upgrade) Thanks. 130534

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 latest version opens with no text

2. ms edge shut down when typing purchase info

3. when opening ms edge it closes automatically after 5 seconds

4. ms edge shuts down since i installed latest update for win 10 ver 1903,
  5. edge closes and opens internet explorer window after few seconds,
  6. ms hearts closes after one hand