Windows 10: Latest Win 10 will not let me see folders over workgroup

Discus and support Latest Win 10 will not let me see folders over workgroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows 10 has recently been updated. I now find that my second PC (linked with a workgroup) shows in a different place in my file manager and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Penbwlch, May 29, 2018.

1. Penbwlch Win User

Latest Win 10 will not let me see folders over workgroup

My Windows 10 has recently been updated. I now find that my second PC (linked with a workgroup) shows in a different place in my file manager and I cannot see all the folders on the second PC. If I try to move a file to that second PC, a "no entry" sign is displayed and I cannot move the file.

Any suggestions please?

:)

Penbwlch, May 29, 2018

2. cannot see workgroup computers

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing a few issues regarding workgroup and LAN. Let me help you resolve the issue.

This issue can be due to two reasons.

• Your computer is not connected to the network. If your computer is not connected to the network, the Network folder appears empty, even if there are other computers and devices on the network.

• Network discovery is blocking you from seeing other computers and devices. If the network discovery setting on your computer is set to off, you won't see other computers and devices on the network. To change your network discovery setting, follow
      these steps:

• Open Advanced sharing settings by clicking the Startbutton, and then clicking
      Control Panel. In the search box, type
      network, click Network and Sharing Center, and then, in the left pane, click
      Change advanced sharing settings.
    • Click the chevron to expand the current network profile.
    • Click Turn on network discovery, and then click
      save changes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

I hope the information helps you resolve the issue. Please get back to us if you have any queries.We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 29, 2018
  3. In Windows 10 Home - why would you disable the ability to change the default workgroup name from "workgroup" to something else?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to change the work group name?
    Have you tried as below steps if not I suggest you to follow as below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Click on “system”.
    • Then under “computer name, domain and workgroup settings” option.
    • Click on change “settings” on the right hand side.
    • Click on “computer name” tab.
    • Under the option “to rename this computer and change its domain or workgroup, click change”
      click on “change option”.
    • Under “computer name tab” enter the computer name accordingly and click on
      “ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Latest Win 10 will not let me see folders over workgroup

1. Latest Win 10 will not let me see folders over workgroup - Similar Threads - Latest let folders

2. It won’t let me see my photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It won’t let me see my photos: I just got this hp computer to view a usb given to me filled with photos. I am able to see some but not all of the photos. While some work perfectly fine others say things like “we cannot support this file” and “this file may have been moved or renamed” and things like that....
  3. my onedrive is not letting me sign in and over and over again I tried but it won't let me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my onedrive is not letting me sign in and over and over again I tried but it won't let me: I NEED HELP TO GET ALL MY FILES BACK FROM ONE DRIVE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-is-not-letting-me-sign-in-and-over-and/6c5df21a-654e-4694-a2f4-dad7ee08abd5
  4. my onedrive is not letting me sign in and over and over again I tried but it won't let me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my onedrive is not letting me sign in and over and over again I tried but it won't let me: I NEED HELP TO GET ALL MY FILES BACK FROM ONE DRIVE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-onedrive-is-not-letting-me-sign-in-and-over-and/6c5df21a-654e-4694-a2f4-dad7ee08abd5
  5. Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows: Hello, I Want to Upgrade but for some reason It will keep on saying This when i kept on checking for updates. "No Updates Needed" So I'm hitting a brick wall... Is This Some Hoax? Please Fix this....
  6. Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows: Hello, I Want to Upgrade but for some reason It will keep on saying This when i kept on checking for updates. "No Updates Needed" So I'm hitting a brick wall... Is This Some Hoax? Please Fix this....
  7. Windows 10 Not letting me update to the latest Version On Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Cannot see any computers on WORKGROUP after latest updates

Cannot see any computers on WORKGROUP after latest updates: Hi there What's up with Windows networking. After latest updates I can't see any computers on LAN apart from the one I'm logged on to (SMB1 etc all set OK). However if I change the name from WORKGROUP to anything else - everything is visible again. What's the problem with...
  9. Win 10 sharing with no "workgroup"

Win 10 sharing with no "workgroup": Hello, have two machines, running Win 10 Home, both I think are called 32 bit. One machine I use for myself, writing, personally created music, financial etc, the other is used by us both for e-mails, and other information. I had a kind of partial sharing between machines...
  10. Can't see the Computers on WorkGroup, or access an NAS shared folder

Can't see the Computers on WorkGroup, or access an NAS shared folder: Hi, I have a home network that is a simple workgroup. There is an NAS that has some shared folders on the network, with some media servers, etc. I have a desktop computer attached to the router through cable, some laptops, tablets, cell phone, etc. that are attached to the...