Windows 10: Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems

Discus and support Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, today I got a notification from Windows 10 telling me there was a special update that would take longer than a normal one, so I did it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hishighness420, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems

Hello all, today I got a notification from Windows 10 telling me there was a special update that would take longer than a normal one, so I did it and now I have a few problems.

#1 when I try to search for something in Settings it always comes up with no search results, even if I search for something easy like "sound" or "audio"

#2 When I right click on my speaker icon on my taskbar it used to give me a menu that allowed me to access the volume mixer and the recording and playback devices. Now when I right click on it nothing happens.

#3 The audio is really low, although that maybe be remedied if I could actually get to the audio settings. But I can't find them as I'm not used to having to drill down through the menus to find it.

Thanks for your time.

:)

hishighness420, Nov 30, 2017
  2. Tantar Win User

Windows 10 upgrade has caused multiple problems

After upgrading to Windows 10, I have multiple problems giving me a headache.

1. Resize edit option in Windows 10 Photo Gallery does not work. Will show the new size numbers chosen on the new photo, but the new photo that pops up is still the old size.

2. In FB, the arrow at bottom which I like to use to scroll is not visible. When I hold the cursor down, you can see the arrow moving around but cannot click on it. Also all the options usually shown at the bottom of page are not visible. Those options
    include the option to add photos, stickers, option to show sidebar, etc. Very much needed in FB but can't see. That scrolling arrow is not showing in this page I am sending to you either. There is a visible line that shows sometimes which looks like it could
    be the top of the option box, but cannot bring up.

3. My HP Printer All In One 3520 does not work at all. I cannot even open it or bring up to do what is suggested.....uninstall and reinstall. I need specific advice on this.

I hope I don't get a reply as before which is not a reply but just a lot of questions sent back to me that I have already explained in this post.

I also hope I at least get someone who is up to date for Windows 10. That is the problem when those of us need answers to issues for Windows 10 and go to the web, all the answers are still for the older programs. Help please with my problems.

Tantar, Nov 30, 2017
  3. Tantar Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade has caused multiple problems

Thank you for your reply. No, I am not having the arrow button problem in Windows Edge, only in Internet Explorer. I like to use both so do you know a solution for the problem in Internet Explorer? When using IE for FB, the problem is that not enough of
    the bottom of the page is showing for the arrow or options to be visible, no matter if I use 100 % or less. Do I get the same exact Newsfeed, etc. on FB when I user either/or for viewing in both Windows Explorer and Windows Edge? It seems many users are having
    the same resize issue in Windows 10 and so far no solution that works so hopefully MS will work on this. I am still working on the printer issue of which I believe I have to download a driver for it to be compatible with Windows 10. Hope it works. Enough of
    problems after upgrading so it seems MS would address these problems sooner rather than later.

Tantar, Nov 30, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems

Sounds like you need to remove the device and driver from Device Manager and install the correct sound driver or just let Windows install it. As for searching for stuff, sound or audio is pretty broad. It is best to always do a clean install if you are seeing issues pop up every time you log in or boot up.

bro67, Nov 30, 2017
Thema:

Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems

1. Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems - Similar Threads - Latest Win10 update

2. Latest Windows update causes multiple Re-starts....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows update causes multiple Re-starts....: Hello, after a Windows update on 6-24, my desktop pc with WIN 10 now re-starts several times a day. It's a blue screen with "Oops, something went wrong and we're restarting & notifying MS". I read a bad update can do this, and to try uninstalling it. I did that, but is this...
  3. Latest Windows Update causing Audio problems

Latest Windows Update causing Audio problems: Hi, I just recently updated my Windows software and began having audio issues. For me this manifests as my Bluetooth headset repeatedly flickering between connected, voice, then audio. The connection is active, the device just isn't usable. I am looking at other users...
  4. latest win10 update causing log on problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    latest win10 update causing log on problems: Having to sign in to virtually everything after the latest win 10 update every time I reboot. How do I get back to the previous update? Definitely a Microsoft problem because it happened immediately after they updated win 10...
  5. Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows Updates Causing Problems!: I have tried loading the latest Windows updates (see attached) several times and have experienced problems each time. I have backed all of them out at the present time. My laptop seems to run much slower and the fingerprint scanner does not work among other things after these...
  6. Internet problems caused by latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet problems caused by latest update: Hi all, I have installed KB4541335. Now I have a problem that my laptop is connected to router, but there is no internet. Th IP address starts from 169. I tried to install optional update KB4554364, but it seems it did not help. I have found some temporary solution - I have...
  7. Latest Window Update causing problems

Latest Window Update causing problems: I accepted a recommended Windows 10 update a few weeks ago and am having at least two problems. I tried clicking on a link in some email, which was doing OK before the latest update of Windows 10. When I click on the link, I get a message telling me that the "operation has...
  8. Latest Windows 10 update causing problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Latest Windows 10 update causing problems: Windows did an automatic update to my laptops last week. Since then, every time I close my laptop and it goes to sleep, the screen will not come back on. I have to restart my laptop to get the screen to come on. Other than the inconvenience, I am concerned that turning off...
  9. Latest windows update, causing controller problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest windows update, causing controller problems: Hi, ever since i updated to the latest version of windows, my xbox 360 controller has been acting weird, for about 10-30 mins the controller will work fine and i'll have no problems, but after that, the controller doesn't work, none of the buttons work, no input is...
  10. Latest Win10 upgrade caused problems with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Win10 upgrade caused problems with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge: Windows 10 Home 10.0.14393 Build 14393 was installed last week. Since then I have had problems with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. Firefox will not display visuals on some web pages. Chrome is very slow and will not allow me to import from Firefox. Edge is suddenly very, very...