Windows 10: Latest Win10 upgrade caused problems with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge

Discus and support Latest Win10 upgrade caused problems with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 10.0.14393 Build 14393 was installed last week. Since then I have had problems with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge. Firefox will not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ArtMurphy, Jan 26, 2017.

1. ArtMurphy Win User

Latest Win10 upgrade caused problems with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge

Windows 10 Home 10.0.14393 Build 14393 was installed last week.
    Since then I have had problems with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.
    Firefox will not display visuals on some web pages.
    Chrome is very slow and will not allow me to import from Firefox.
    Edge is suddenly very, very slow.
    Any suggestions as to the source of these issues?
    Thanks.
    Art

:)

ArtMurphy, Jan 26, 2017
  2. Mudhonei Win User

Family Safety and webpages

1. No except I 'upgraded' to win10

2. The issue occurs with IE, Edge, Firefox and Chrome

3. I only get a blank page with connecting . . . . in the tab. WIth chrome it eventually times out.

4. No error codes on IE, Edge or Firefox.

It is only this computer as she has an account on another computer and it works fine.

Thank you

Mudhonei, Jan 26, 2017
  3. Proxy settings toggle on by itself

The browsers that have the identical problem are: IE, Edge, Firefox and Chrome. All of which are the latest versions.

So obviously is not caused by the browser(s).

It Must be Windows 10 which was the upgrade version from Windows 8.1 on both my laptops HP Stream and Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series.

Ken aka klgoodguy, Jan 26, 2017
  4. PJLLB Win User

Suggest you do a system restore. I am running the same version with no such issues.

PJLLB, Jan 26, 2017
  5. Have you installed the latest update released 26th that fixed a problem some where having with Edge Browser
    Look in News on this forum
    Critical Update KB3211320 for Windows 10 Version 1607

hTconeM9user, Jan 27, 2017
  6. ArtMurphy Win User
    I tried restore from two different restore points but the system did not restore due to unidentified issues.
    However, uninstalling Chrome seems to have eliminated the problems I described in my original post (I must assume that it was the Chrome uninstall since my system was not "restored" according to Windows 10.
    I consider it solved.

ArtMurphy, Jan 27, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    I just removed Firefox 50.0 32-bit from one of my IP computers, downloaded and installed Firefox 51.0.1 64-bit. No problems yet, it did pick up my Bookmarks and Appearance add-in even though I had backed them up. One of my Production machines got the 51.0 upgrade but later in the afternoon there was the 51.0.1 fix, Mozilla must have found something Firefox didn't like.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest Win10 upgrade caused problems with Firefox, Chrome, and Edge - Similar Threads - Latest Win10 upgrade

2. Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound works in Firefox but not Chrome, Brave, Edge: I am running Update 20H2 19042.867. After the update I think the sound stop working. I don't know why it works in Firefox. I even went to sound settings and those other 3 browers don't even pop up. Tried restarting computer. Anyone have any suggestions? submitted by...
  3. latest win10 update causing log on problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    latest win10 update causing log on problems: Having to sign in to virtually everything after the latest win 10 update every time I reboot. How do I get back to the previous update? Definitely a Microsoft problem because it happened immediately after they updated win 10...
  4. Printing causing browsers Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave as well as Notepad to go...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing causing browsers Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Brave as well as Notepad to go...: As the title says, clicking the print icon or using ctrl-p causes the application to immediately become unresponsive after pulling up the menu. Yesterday I printed without an issue. I have done the following to try and fix the issue. Download KB4568831 update the update log...
  5. Microsoft Edge latest update causing problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge latest update causing problem: Ever since latest update around April 20th 2020, I am unable to upload photos into facebook albums. I am able to in Chrome fine, but not Edge since the update. When I click the file/photo to add it just does nothing.. it used to load the files with an option to post when...
  6. Latest Win10 update has blocked Firefox as default browser, locked Edg

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Win10 update has blocked Firefox as default browser, locked Edg: The morning of May 25th 2019 Pacific Time Microsoft locked in MS Edge as a default browser in Windows 10 on my computer. My system shows 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4494441) successfully installed on 5/23/2019 (yet...
  7. Edge, Firefox or Chrome...which is best.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge, Firefox or Chrome...which is best.: I'm having issues with both Firefox and MS Edge and I'm wondering if Chrome would be a better choice and if so would I be able to import my FF Favorites to Chrome? Thanks in advance for your help. 83073
  8. Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Links work in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox: I sometimes get this sort of error in firefox and chrome Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at www.goodsync.com. The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments ... blah blah blah blah blah But when I open the...
  9. Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Copy problem with Edge but not Firefox: On some sites, if I highlight or try to highlight something to either use Cortana to find or just copy, Edge will hang up and eventually I will get a message that "XX" site is not responding and ask me if I want to recover the page. I can go to the same site with Firefox...
  10. Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Latest Win10 update has caused multiple problems: Hello all, today I got a notification from Windows 10 telling me there was a special update that would take longer than a normal one, so I did it and now I have a few problems. #1 when I try to search for something in Settings it always comes up with no search results,...