Windows 10: Latest Win10 upgrades - broken the graphics?

Discus and support Latest Win10 upgrades - broken the graphics? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, Has anyone else noticed that since the last upgrades, the graphics have gone haywire: [img] Firefox does something weird too. The top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by youradds, Jul 20, 2016.

1. youradds Win User

Latest Win10 upgrades - broken the graphics?

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that since the last upgrades, the graphics have gone haywire:

Latest Win10 upgrades - broken the graphics? [​IMG]

Firefox does something weird too. The top bar goes all blue, and you can only make out the open tabs by hovering over them (and then they go back to normal). Come off the tab bar, move back over it - and it goes weird again. This has only happened in the last day (since my machine did some automatic updates)

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

Andy

:)

youradds, Jul 20, 2016

2. RDP issues on win10

I upgrade 8.1Pro to Win10 Enterprise and I am seeing using Remote Desktop to a server on the internet won't work but on my lan or enterprise network no issues.

This was just working prior to upgrade.

While remoting to another machine, the same endpoint works fine. is RDP broken on win10?

Paul Russell, Jul 20, 2016
  3. rmsoft1 Win User
    USB Mouse - Device Descriptor Request Failed

Well, I completed the repair upgrade, The problem is STILL not solved, and on top of that, My monitor is doing the

broken-screen
    effect again!

Now I gotta fix that.

rmsoft1, Jul 20, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Not me.

If you post your system specs (especially the display adapter), you may get more useful responses.

bobkn, Jul 20, 2016
  5. youradds Win User
    Hi,

Thanks for the response. Here are my specs:

Is that enough info?

Interestingly, its been OK since I disabled the "power save" option on the screens. So it seems to be something to do with the screen coming back on, when you have left it idle for a while.

Thanks!

Andy

youradds, Jul 21, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    OK.

That seems odd, Your drivers are Win 10 ones, but they're fairly old (December 2015).

Do you have Driver Updates blocked in your Windows Update settings? (That is what I prefer for my systems.)

The latest drivers for you are:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...indows+10+-+64

Driver updates aren't free of risk, but I tend to try them, with the expectation that I'd revert to something older if needed. I hope that AMD has gotten a little tidier with their drivers than when I last used them (Radeon HD 7970).

bobkn, Jul 21, 2016
  7. youradds Win User
    Hi,

Ah... I think that may have been it! It's certainly got rid of the weirdness with the browsers (on the tab section).

I did turn off updates recently, as I was trying to downgrade from an update that Windows did on its own (that's when it started going weird)

Anyway - I've updated it to 16.200.1035.1001, and I haven't had the problem since. So here's hoping that sorted it!

Thanks

Andy

youradds, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Latest Win10 upgrades - broken the graphics? - Similar Threads - Latest Win10 upgrades

2. Is my graphics card broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my graphics card broken?: Hi!I turned on my computer this morning and this happened… is the graphic card broken? Or is there some other problems? Do I have to go to the repair shop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-graphics-card-broken/eb0197c1-e381-4914-8f1d-5c38267bb374
  3. Is my graphics card broken?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is my graphics card broken?: Hi!I turned on my computer this morning and this happened… is the graphic card broken? Or is there some other problems? Do I have to go to the repair shop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-graphics-card-broken/eb0197c1-e381-4914-8f1d-5c38267bb374
  4. Task Manager broken after latest upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager broken after latest upgrade: This morning I updated to W11 build 22621.900 KB5020044. First off, task manager still has no search feature, but a bigger issue is how it looks. If I use Dark Theme, or Light Theme it's okay, but if I mix both themes, task manager's GUI gets broken and the text becomes...
  5. Task Manager broken after latest upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager broken after latest upgrade: This morning I updated to W11 build 22621.900 KB5020044. First off, task manager still has no search feature, but a bigger issue is how it looks. If I use Dark Theme, or Light Theme it's okay, but if I mix both themes, task manager's GUI gets broken and the text becomes...
  6. Will not upgrade to the latest version of Win10 update of 21h1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will not upgrade to the latest version of Win10 update of 21h1: I was able to reimage my pc, but after I ran the updates it would continue to fail. I have started and stop the windows update, deleted the windows/software distribution folder then rebooted without any luck. I tried to update using this tool from Microsoft but will reboot...
  7. Win10 upgrade graphics problem

Win10 upgrade graphics problem: Hi, I started upgrade to win10 but at one moment I saw on monitor message: Not Optimum mode, recommended mode 1920x1200 60Hz, it is Samsung SyncMaster sa850. I thing this message is from monitor, so there are wrong settings on pc. I made restart, bios works, i can se part of...
  8. Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :(

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are missing after latest Win10 version upgrade. :(: Hello A couple of days ago I upgraded to the latest version of Win10 (Ver 1903 OS Build 18362.295) I tell you I was not happy when I first noticed that my desktop pic had changed to a generic windows pic and Google chrome had reset as well and I had to log into chrome...
  9. Upgraded Graphics card - Win10 Upgrade does not see it

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Upgraded Graphics card - Win10 Upgrade does not see it: My old XPS700 could not be updated due to my old GeForce 7900 GT. I upgraded to a GeForce 8500 GT which Win 10 supports, but I cannot upgrade as the Win10 program still says I have the old graphics card. Anyone know how to get that program to recheck your system for the...
  10. Win10 upgrade problem vs. graphics card

Win10 upgrade problem vs. graphics card: About two years ago I built a Win10 computer, using an Asus M5A78L-MLE MB (I usually use ASRock MB). To my dismay, the on-board graphics weren't working. I remembered I had an old (8-9 years?) XFX GeFORCE graphics card and I plugged it in and all seemed well. Now suddenly...