Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 Maps app builds on experiences beyond just direction

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 Maps app builds on experiences beyond just direction in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Hello! I’m Kushal Kapoor, the Product Marketing Manager for the Windows Maps team. I’m excited to announce the latest Windows 10 Maps app update is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Latest Windows 10 Maps app builds on experiences beyond just direction

Source: Latest Windows 10 Maps app builds on experiences beyond just directions | Windows Experience Blog

Brink, Jun 20, 2016

2. I know mine updated earlier and wow it is out of this world
    100% better than Google Maps

:)

hTconeM9user, Jun 20, 2016
  3. Alcarmo Win User
    Import HERE map (Nokia) favorites into Microsoft maps

Hi,

finally it's here. Latest Windows 10 Maps app builds on experiences beyond just direction :) HERE favorites migration will be possible after June 30 directly from Windows Maps.

Here is what transitioning your phone favorites from HERE to the Windows 10 Maps app means for you:

• If you currently use HERE apps on Windows 10: When the HERE apps stop working on June 30, today’s Windows Maps app update will take care of migrating your phone HERE favorites upon your first visit to the Favorites pane or the Maps Settings
      page. Also, upon upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, we will remove any existing non-working HERE apps from your device.
    • If you currently use HERE apps on Windows Phone 8 or Windows Phone 8.1: Your HERE apps will not automatically be removed; however, the apps will not be updated going forward. For the latest on maps and
      navigation scenarios, we recommend upgrading to Windows 10 wherein the Windows Maps app will be your default mapping experience and will prompt you to migrate your phone HERE favorites upon your first visit to the favorites menu.

Read more at Latest Windows 10 Maps app builds on experiences beyond just directions - Windows Experience Blog

Alcarmo, Jun 20, 2016
  4. Alcarmo Win User

How i can move/save favorite saved places to windows maps?

Hi,

finally it's here. Latest Windows 10 Maps app builds on experiences beyond just direction :) HERE favorites migration will be possible after June 30 directly from Windows Maps.

Here is what transitioning your phone favorites from HERE to the Windows 10 Maps app means for you:

• If you currently use HERE apps on Windows 10: When the HERE apps stop working on June 30, today’s Windows Maps app update will take care of migrating your phone HERE favorites upon your first visit to the Favorites pane or the Maps Settings
      page. Also, upon upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, we will remove any existing non-working HERE apps from your device.
    • If you currently use HERE apps on Windows Phone 8 or Windows Phone 8.1: Your HERE apps will not automatically be removed; however, the apps will not be updated going forward. For the latest on maps and
      navigation scenarios, we recommend upgrading to Windows 10 wherein the Windows Maps app will be your default mapping experience and will prompt you to migrate your phone HERE favorites upon your first visit to the favorites menu.

Read more at Latest Windows 10 Maps app builds on experiences beyond just directions - Windows Experience Blog

Alcarmo, Jun 20, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I have to check this out.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jun 21, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Just tried it out and it's really great.

BunnyJ, Jun 21, 2016
  7. W10crazy Win User
    Elementary Question: Does it work with an android phone?

W10crazy, Jun 21, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I don't have an Android phone so I can't test that out.

BunnyJ, Jun 21, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    If nothing comes up I'm go to test the navigational part of the Win 10 Map update. I'll take a long motorcycle ride and get lost so Maps can guide me home. *Smile

Winuser, Jun 21, 2016
  10. I have Android Phone and at the moment the answer at least for me is no, cant get it to load or work.

hTconeM9user, Jun 21, 2016
  11. zooburner Win User
    It recently updated on my android and works fine, though I'm not sure if it's this update, or just an update.

not sure which of those is the version number, Of course the version numbers may be different on android

zooburner, Jun 21, 2016
  12. Where did you go to get it downloaded and installed on your Android Phone as I would like to use that one rather than the Google App

hTconeM9user, Jun 21, 2016
  13. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Jun 21, 2016
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    Just put this on my S4. Easy setup!! Set my home address (auto from location in phone). Asked for directions to the White House! 33 miles. 43 min by car, 2h 7min by bus, and 15h 3min to walk it!! Think I'll just stay home, been there before. *chuckle

f14tomcat, Jun 21, 2016
  15. dencal Win User
    How long does the journey take by F14tomcat?

dencal, Jun 21, 2016
Thema:

1. Latest Windows 10 Maps app builds on experiences beyond just direction - Similar Threads - Latest Maps app

2. My latest experiment...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My latest experiment...: Ok, my Win 10 SSD is a Samsung 860 EVO. I just bought another 860 EVO. I used Macrium Reflect to "backup" the whole 860 EVO disk. Then I shut the computer off, and hooked up the "new" 860 EVO. Then, I used Macrium Reflect bootable media, to restore the backup (of the current...
  3. Latest windows 10 Build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest windows 10 Build: 12-17-2020 my computer did a download of Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB4592438, Build andSCREWED MY COMPUTER UP. BEWARE!!!!!! It has taken me most of TODAY to finally get my system to go back to the last build 1909.WHY?? Because the download had me running so...
  4. Maps app can't get directions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maps app can't get directions: The Windows 10 app usually slows to a crawl on my Dell laptop when I request directions. It can usually find a destination, but when I select another location to find directions from, it spins forever saying "getting directions," but an hour later it'll still be saying that....
  5. Windows 10 Maps App Not Displaying Directions Properly

Windows 10 Maps App Not Displaying Directions Properly: When using Windows 10's Map App, everything works except for getting directions. When the route preview comes up, the blue line glitches out and sometimes covers the entire screen. It never even comes close to being properly sized, much less over a roadway. Happens at all...
  6. Help build Web Apps experience in Windows 10 with survey

in Windows 10 News
    Help build Web Apps experience in Windows 10 with survey: Help us build the Web Apps experience in Windows 10. The information you provide here will go directly to our engineering teams to help guide planning and other future enhancements to Windows 10. The survey only takes a few minutes to complete. So let’s get started! Take...
  7. Maps App in Windows 10 now will not calculate directions

Maps App in Windows 10 now will not calculate directions: I can calculate directions via Transit, and sometimes, walking - but not driving. What happened, and how do I fix it? I'm logged in, and I'm tired of going to Google maps......
  8. How do you save directions in Win 10 Maps app?

How do you save directions in Win 10 Maps app?: Love the Surface Go LTE, but we could really use some love in the GPS department you guys. ANYWAY... I'm sure I had seen a recent update to the UWP, Windows 10 maps app that allowed one to SAVE DIRECTIONS. Can't find it, anyone help? Thanks... Sill using Windows...
  9. Map app can not calculate directions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Map app can not calculate directions: My map app cannot give me directions for some needed routes. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/map-app-can-not-calculate-directions/57f0b3a2-18d9-48ff-99a1-1f4714fb8ad6
  10. Maps app travel time in directions function?

Maps app travel time in directions function?: Maps direction function results show travel time. Is the "heavy or moderate traffic hours" in parentheses included in the total shown??...