Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 Update corrupts Ariel Narrow Font

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 Update corrupts Ariel Narrow Font in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After thelast update (2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 forx64-based Systems (KB4025342)) I had an Excel spread sheet that was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DAC8190, Jul 29, 2017.

1. DAC8190 Win User

Latest Windows 10 Update corrupts Ariel Narrow Font

After thelast update (2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 forx64-based Systems (KB4025342)) I had an Excel spread sheet that was no longerable to display properly. I was able to determine that the Ariel Narrow Fontthat was used was causing the problem. The Font control panel function forAriel did not display the Narrow version anymore. It was there at one timebecause I used it to create the Excel sheet and it still appeared as a validselection for fonts in Excel. After much research and trial and error I couldnot recover the Narrow font. Finally I checked the fonts on my Laptop on whichthe spreadsheet was still working fine and found the control panel fonts forAriel did display the Narrow versions. I was able to copy these versions andmove the copies to my desktop and then paste them into the Arial font throughthe Control panel function and all was then good for my excel sheets that usedAriel Narrow. The system complained that the Narrow fonts already existed and Ihad to overwrite them.

Inall of my research this simple approach to restore the font was not mentionedand the complex suggestions did not work.

Ifyou have a similar problem I hope this approach works for you.

:)

DAC8190, Jul 29, 2017
  2. KnowKnot9 Win User

Help required Windows 10 has changed the text font

Just installed Windows 10 and what I assume is the default font for Microsoft (IE, Edge, Outlook) has changed from Ariel to a novelty font called Gear Crank. Ariel is still Ariel in Word and in a couple of graphic programs I use. Is there a setting for
    default fonts in the programs I mentioned?

KnowKnot9, Jul 29, 2017
  3. Wrong, "graffiti" font in apps and Web pages after upgrade to Windows 10

Thx a lot. Just helped me with my Edge font problem. After deleting the four Narrow fonts Edge now uses the right font again.

Holger Ku., Jul 29, 2017
Thema:

Latest Windows 10 Update corrupts Ariel Narrow Font

1. Latest Windows 10 Update corrupts Ariel Narrow Font - Similar Threads - Latest Update corrupts

2. Latest Windows 10 update corrupted BIOS files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update corrupted BIOS files: Latest Windows 10 update corrupted BIOS files on my HP Pavilion laptop and CMOS was unable to be reset. I've been in circles on the HP support and Microsoft website. Anyone experienced this before and can provide me next steps? Thanks!...
  3. Latest update Jan 13 2021 corrupted my fonts.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update Jan 13 2021 corrupted my fonts.: The latest update, install 1/13/21 has corrupted my fonts. I've tried to search the Community for solutions but I can't use the services.msc or regedit or control panel because I can't read any of the information displayed. All Settings and browsers seem to display...
  4. Corrupted windows fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupted windows fonts: Hey guys. I accidentally removed some of my unnecessary fontsChinese and many more.... via registry editor. Now some of my windows fonts are corrupted. Tried these codes in safe mode sfc /scannow Dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth Dism /online /cleanup-image...
  5. Latest Windows 10 update corrupted machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows 10 update corrupted machine: We did latest update on Tuesday night. When I tried to start computer yesterday, it started with "Preparing Automatic Repair" but it could not auto repair. I've tried many of the options that the diagnostic tools present, but nothing happens no backup or restore point. I’ve...
  6. Arial Narrow Regular font missing after updates

Arial Narrow Regular font missing after updates: After system updates, Arial Narrow Regular font is now missing from my computer. Arial Narrow Italic, Arial Narrow Bold and Arial Narrow Bold Italic are all still installed and working properly. The Arial Narrow Regular version is no longer showing up in my system fonts...
  7. Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10

Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10: We upgraded 4 computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and also installed Office 365. Along the way, we discovered that many Excel files were showing as blank. Tracked it down to missing Arial Narrow font on all the computers. It was there in Windows 7 and Office 2010, but...
  8. default font changedand is stucj on Ariel :q

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    default font changedand is stucj on Ariel :q: whenever I select text and try to change it to Calibri font it doesnt apply, Im writing in Hebrew and Arabic by the way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/default-font-changedand-is-stucj-on-ariel-q/f979bd30-f881-47a2-a855-ca26c7d7a13e
  9. Windows 10 fonts corrupt by an Asian font

Windows 10 fonts corrupt by an Asian font: Hi, an Asian font is being used for some of my system-wide font settings. This is mostly visible in some apps that probably initiate a standard Windows font, but Windows returs that Asian font instead. Three screenshot examples are attached: VLC, iCloud and iTunes. This...
  10. Corrupted Font?

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Font?: From Google searches I have found what seems to be the solution for this problem for Windows 8 and 8.1 but not 10 It appears to me the new system font(s) that are used for various icons used are not functioning. Most obvious is when the store is open and when I expect to see...