Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update rendered my brand new laptop useless.

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update rendered my brand new laptop useless. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got a new laptop for my birthday, when I first turned it on it was fine and worked as it should do, then Windows 10 automatically updated to a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JordPlatt, Jul 14, 2018.

1. JordPlatt Win User

Latest Windows 10 update rendered my brand new laptop useless.

I got a new laptop for my birthday, when I first turned it on it was fine and worked as it should do, then Windows 10 automatically updated to a new version. After the update had installed I noticed pretty much everything on my laptop now runs significantly slower than it did before and this includes everything from all browsers and on the desktop itself. Whenever I try to do anything there's always at least a 3 or 4 second delay between me clicking and anything happening, it's made watching any sort of video impossible as just hovering the mouse over the top of a video causes it to freeze and stop playing.

I reverted back to a previous version of Windows 10 which fixed the problem completely but in Microsoft's infinite wisdom if you do this the update you just got rid of will automatically download and install again anyway. What the hell is the point in having an option to revert to a previous version of Windows if it's just going to update again anyway? I even manually disabled Windows 10 updates but apparently this update is just so great even that doesn't stop it as while my laptop was in sleep mode it downloaded and installed it again plus the option to revert back to a previous version of windows is now conveniently missing. I am currently writing this on my old laptop as typing this amount of text would take all day on my new one seen as one letter takes 3-4 seconds to appear.

For the last week I've tried all manor of fixes but nothing works, my new laptop is now basically useless until they decide to fix whatever it is they've broken. My laptop is not a powerful machine as all I wanted it for is casual use but it can't be the laptop as it is brand new and worked fine on the previous version. Until whatever the problem is fixed I'm going to have to use my old laptop because right now it is unbearably slow.

:)

JordPlatt, Jul 14, 2018

2. Brand new HP Envy x360....stuck in blue screen modw

Hello,

My computer is dead, I can see no screen except the 2 I mentioned. Since this happened I've never been able see the original equipment manufacturer's logo. Otherwise I could've done all these steps as they've been recommended
    in many threads.

My laptop is brand new, purchased December 19th, 2017 from Costco, why would it suffer such a catastrophe failure from an Windows 10 update that rendered it useless?

I've returned the laptop to Costco, thank heavens they have an incredible return policy and I've purchased an Apple, to get away from Microsoft, Windows 10 and updates that causes damage to millions of systems.

ROBBINWILLIAMS-PIERCE, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Latest Windows 10 update rendered my brand new laptop useless.

Latest Windows 10 Update [KB3140743, 2016 March 1] Rendered Laptop Useless

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused, I will be glad to assist you with this.

Thank you for mentioning the steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

Just to clarify, when you say "fresh copy", are you referring to clean installing Windows 10?

You mentioned that the issue started after installing the update. I would suggest you to try uninstalling the update by following the steps below and check if the issue persists.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type appwiz.cpl and press enter to open programs and features.

3. Click "view installed updates" on the left pane.

4. Right click on the update and uninstall it.

If the problem does not re-occur, I would suggest you to follow the steps given in the help article on
    How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10 .

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Latest Windows 10 update rendered my brand new laptop useless.

1. Latest Windows 10 update rendered my brand new laptop useless. - Similar Threads - Latest update rendered

2. Windows 11 wifi issue renders laptop near useless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 wifi issue renders laptop near useless: Hello, I have a Rog Strix G51 running on Windows 11 22H2. It has 16GB of RAM and a Ryzen 7 6800H processor. This is a significant upgrade from my previous Rog laptop, which for some reason runs 10 times better than this one. My issue is not with the laptop itself, but with...
  3. End of support for Windows 8.1 has rendered my laptop useless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    End of support for Windows 8.1 has rendered my laptop useless: I have had the same laptop now for nine years, and the fact I cannot upgrade it to Windows 10 means it is now as good as useless. I need this laptop to take between where I teach and my home, and without it a substantial chunk of my productivity is gone. Yet now, with support...
  4. End of support for Windows 8.1 has rendered my laptop useless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    End of support for Windows 8.1 has rendered my laptop useless: I have had the same laptop now for nine years, and the fact I cannot upgrade it to Windows 10 means it is now as good as useless. I need this laptop to take between where I teach and my home, and without it a substantial chunk of my productivity is gone. Yet now, with support...
  5. 20H2 update rendered my PC useless

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 update rendered my PC useless: I have an Alienware R8 with RTX 2070. I started off with that because people with a somewhat related issue are saying that they are stuck on the boot screen but in my case my computer displays nothing at all. After the update I can power up my PC and the lights on the desktop...
  6. Latest Windows 10 update has rendered my laptop unusable

Latest Windows 10 update has rendered my laptop unusable: As of the update I installed on my laptop last night, ALL of my drivers have been rendered broken, meaning I have no audio, internet, or anything of the like. I cannot even open windows update without it closing itself. Nothing works anymore, and I am incredibly annoyed by...
  7. June update has rendered printer useless

June update has rendered printer useless: Since installing the June update I am unable to connect to my printer. On the manufacturer's website I see this message: If you have installed the June Windows 10 updates KB4557957 / KB4560960 you may find you can no longer print from your PC. If you have been affected...
  8. Printers Rendered Useless. Not Happy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers Rendered Useless. Not Happy: Windows 10 did an update on my desktop. Now it has rendered my printer obsolete. updated the drivers for my Brother MFC-J410W and Xerox 6505 printers and they do not work. What is the status of a fix? I need to print. I think Microsoft should pay to purchase a new printer and...
  9. Windows 10 updates rendered both my desktops useless!

Windows 10 updates rendered both my desktops useless!: [IMG]This is the error I get from my desktop after the latest update. I can get into these options but none of them lead anywhere. They all come back to “cannot do it” if i try to repair, restore, check disk from command prompt, it always tells me it cant be done or was...
  10. updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop

updating windows 10 on a brand new laptop: This is a brand new laptop. It will not update windows 10, which it says is compatible. It says I do not have enough storage space to do it, but there is ample. I've tried plugging in an external drive, but no luck. I've tried getting on line chat help. He was no help at all....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update made my new laptop useless