Windows 10: Latest Windows 10 update reset windows to default settings

Discus and support Latest Windows 10 update reset windows to default settings in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I think that the latest Windows 10 update might have reset my windows to the default (initial/standard) settings. I leave my PC ON over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bancai, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Bancai Win User

Latest Windows 10 update reset windows to default settings

Hi guys,

I think that the latest Windows 10 update might have reset my windows to the default (initial/standard) settings. I leave my PC ON over the night and when I woke up the PC seemed to have restarted over night (I say to myself it might have been that the power went off sometime over the night or that windows freaking 10 updates restarted my PC), and now I have all of the settings I did to windows back to their default state and all the file associations are reset back to default. Even the video player settings are reset to default.

What the **** just happen ?

EDIT: Great.... looks like all the software acts like they just have been freshly installed

:)

Bancai, Jan 2, 2016
  2. dblisle Win User

Constantly getting default setting message after setting default for email program.

I keep getting the Default setting message for my email and have already set and reset my email multiple times. I can not seem to find a way to let windows 10 know the the email default has been set.

Windows 10 latest update

Outlook latest version default email app

dblisle, Jan 2, 2016
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

Latest Windows 10 update reset windows to default settings

1. Latest Windows 10 update reset windows to default settings - Similar Threads - Latest update reset

2. Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Settings reset to default after reboot: If Windows 10 keeps resetting all your settings to default, then here are a few things you need to take a look at. Imagine all setting rest to default automatically every time you shut down or restart your computer. A few users have been complaining about the issue. Let’s see...
  3. updates resetting changed defaults and settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updates resetting changed defaults and settings: BB xx Created on March 15, 2021 updates resetting changed defaults and settings the recent w10 updates I have rec'd are resetting defaults, like default browser from chrome to edge, file open defaults like for photos, from my choice app back to photos, pdf from adobe to...
  4. updates resetting changed defaults and settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates resetting changed defaults and settings: the recent w10 updates I have rec'd are resetting defaults, like default browser from chrome to edge, file open defaults like for photos, from my choice app back to photos, pdf from adobe to edge and resetting my task bar items to ms apps, some of my installed programs have...
  5. I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and then reset Windows to factory default. It...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 and then reset Windows to factory default. It...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Thapman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbwzyg/i_updated_to_the_latest_version_of_windows_10_and/
  6. Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings keep resetting to defaults: Hello! Specs: Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit Version: 1809 Language: JA So, I am working with a Japanese language system, and settings such as the privacy settings, lock screen settings etc. keep resetting EVERY FEW HOURS! I am completely baffled by this behavior and...
  7. How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Reset windows 10 to default settings?: I screwed around a bit too much, and i just need a fresh breath of air for my computer. submitted by /u/-Morgz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e59sxi/how_to_reset_windows_10_to_default_settings/
  8. Reset Taskbar to Default Settings on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reset Taskbar to Default Settings on Windows 10: My Taskbar is suddenly staying on my screen when I go full-screen whilst watching a YouTube video, etc. In hopes of fixing the issue, I would like to know the default settings for the Taskbar, as there does not seem to be a, "reset to default settings" (or I just couldn't...
  9. Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset AutoPlay Settings to Default in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds of...
  10. Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10 In Windows, you can change the File Explorer window size, layout view of items in your folders to how you like. This tutorial will show you how to...