Windows 10: Latest Windows update

Discus and support Latest Windows update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have just had an update, as per screenshot below. I have an ASUS X54C series laptop, running Win 10 Pro 64-bit. Is this the latest update? It took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Atomcrusher, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Latest Windows update

I have just had an update, as per screenshot below. I have an ASUS X54C series laptop, running Win 10 Pro 64-bit.

Is this the latest update? It took a long time to download and install (I only have a 4Mbps ADSL connection), and I was worried that something had gone wrong.

Latest Windows update [​IMG]

:)

Atomcrusher, Aug 23, 2016

2. Windows update_1900101 Windows 10

I haven't been able to install Windows 10 due to the following error: C1900101-20017. Any idea what this is and does it mean I'm out of luck?

Windows update-1900101, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Latest windows 10 security update/ Latest update.

There's a lot of turmoil with Windows Updates right now. So unless it's interfering with performance I'd give it a few weeks to sort itself out.

If it is interfering or you don't want to wait then there is a new guided walk-through from Microsoft for repairing Windows Update that leads up to resetting components if necessary:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10164/...
    . Try running that first.

You can try installing Updates manually from Microsoft Update catalog by searching for them here:

http://test.catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/sit...

You can also install this tool to tell you exactly your level of protection needed for the CPU threat, how it may affect performance, and what you can do about it:
    GRC | InSpectre  

You can get more control over Windows Updates with some new features in the last two versions at Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update under Restart Options and set Active Hours when you don't' want to be bothered.

You can block Windows Updates and Version Updates using this tool:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2...

Explained here:
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/block-unwanted-wi...

You can set a Metered Connection or turn off Windows Update service and only install the Version Updates twice a year when you are ready via the most stable method - which isn't Windows Update anyway, but by running it from Media Creation Tool or the media
    it creates:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/m...
    . All previous Updates are rolled up in the Version Update.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 23, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Latest Windows update

Yes you have the latest update *Smile It was released yesterday.

philc43, Aug 23, 2016
  5. Thanks for the confirmation. I guess we in Darkest Africa get these updates a few hours later than US & Europe?

Atomcrusher, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Latest Windows update

1. Latest Windows update - Similar Threads - Latest update

2. Latest update, “system interrupts” taking 100% CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest update, “system interrupts” taking 100% CPU: After my laptop did the most recent update, it’s been unbelievably slow. It freezes just transitioning from the startup screen to the PIN login screen. If I manage to get in, it takes up to 30 minutes for icons to load on the desktop and taskbar. Apps then struggle to open,...
  3. Latest update, “system interrupts” taking 100% CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest update, “system interrupts” taking 100% CPU: After my laptop did the most recent update, it’s been unbelievably slow. It freezes just transitioning from the startup screen to the PIN login screen. If I manage to get in, it takes up to 30 minutes for icons to load on the desktop and taskbar. Apps then struggle to open,...
  4. Latest update, “system interrupts” taking 100% CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell command upates are all current so what do I do?...
  6. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell upates are all current so what do I do?...
  7. Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update I recently installed the latest Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update I recently installed the latest Windows...: Last MS UPDATE:April 9, 2024-KB5036620 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 and Windows 11, version 23H2April 9, 2024—KB5036893 OS Builds 22621.3447 and 22631.3447I have made sure to keep the vents clean. I have also checked both the...
  8. Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update I recently installed the latest Windows...

Fans Running Constantly After Latest Windows Update I recently installed the latest Windows...: Last MS UPDATE:April 9, 2024-KB5036620 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 22H2 and Windows 11, version 23H2April 9, 2024—KB5036893 OS Builds 22621.3447 and 22631.3447I have made sure to keep the vents clean. I have also checked both the...
  9. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  10. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...