Windows 10: Latitude E5470/EVO 850SSD Hung on Getting Files Ready Win 10

Discus and support Latitude E5470/EVO 850SSD Hung on Getting Files Ready Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Brand new Dell Latitude E5470. Never turned it on. Popped out the hard drive and put a brand new Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD in it. Created a new USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by igendreau, Dec 20, 2017.

1. igendreau Win User

Latitude E5470/EVO 850SSD Hung on Getting Files Ready Win 10

Brand new Dell Latitude E5470. Never turned it on. Popped out the hard drive and put a brand new Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD in it. Created a new USB installer from the Windows 10 Media Creation tool. Booted the computer. Windows installer started up just fine, seemed normal. Except the installer just freezes on "Getting files ready for installation (92%)". It actually isn't always 92. If I reboot, the installer starts again normally and goes through the same process. Then gets stuck, sometimes earlier, sometimes the same.

What's the best way to get this install to go through?

:)

igendreau, Dec 20, 2017
  2. dong2005 Win User

spatial sound is unavailable for this device

The button is grey, I can't select any format.

My laptop is DELL Latitude E5470.

dong2005, Dec 20, 2017
  3. SaggyDuc Win User
    HP phone to Latitude E5470 project my screen display issue

HP phone connected to DELL Latitude E5470 project my screen is coming up with 2 half the image twice.

SaggyDuc, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Latitude E5470/EVO 850SSD Hung on Getting Files Ready Win 10

Hi and Welcome to TenForums!

Was the SSD formatted before installing Windows? How long did you let the installation sit before cutting the power?

Have you attempted to remake your Windows media USB? Make sure it is a USB 16GB.

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 20, 2017
  5. igendreau Win User
    The SSD was straight out of the box. So I did hit the Format button as part of the Windows 10 install when given the opportunity.
    I let it sit for about an hour and a half without movement.
    I did make a new Windows media USB this afternoon, and it is on a 16GB USB.

igendreau, Dec 20, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    Try these steps:
    1) Perform the installation from the bootable windows 10 iso without internet:
    If available mechanically turn off wireless, disconnect cat5e or ethernet, turn off router.
    2) When using the iso for the menu choice get important updates select not right now
    3) Remove non-essential hardware (printers, headset, bluetooth devices, speakers, docking station, extra drives, etc.)
    4) After Windows 10 vesion 1709 is installed connect to the internet and perform updates
    5) install drivers from the Dell website

zbook, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Latitude E5470/EVO 850SSD Hung on Getting Files Ready Win 10

1. Latitude E5470/EVO 850SSD Hung on Getting Files Ready Win 10 - Similar Threads - Latitude E5470 EVO

2. Help!! I spilled water on the keyboard of my dell latitude E5470.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help!! I spilled water on the keyboard of my dell latitude E5470.: The water seeped into the keyboard. I dried it for 24 hours and then plugged it in to charge. Then I tried switching it on and it shows the message: no bootable devices Foundpress F1 key to retry bootpress F2 key to reboot into setuppress F5 key to run on-board diagnostics...
  3. Help!! I spilled water on the keyboard of my dell latitude E5470.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help!! I spilled water on the keyboard of my dell latitude E5470.: The water seeped into the keyboard. I dried it for 24 hours and then plugged it in to charge. Then I tried switching it on and it shows the message: no bootable devices Foundpress F1 key to retry bootpress F2 key to reboot into setuppress F5 key to run on-board diagnostics...
  4. Help!! I spilled water on the keyboard of my dell latitude E5470.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CHKDSK appears to have hung on Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CHKDSK appears to have hung on Win 10: My desktop Win 10 Pro crashed twice yesterday. When I recovered I ran DISM.exe followed by SFC, no apparent problems. Win 10 then reported drive issues and said to restart for repair. Before I did I went into Disk management and ran CHKDSK on my D drive where the...
  6. Win 10 Reinstall Hung @ 9%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Reinstall Hung @ 9%: Win 10 reinstall after Recovery has hung @ 9% for more than 2 hours, I assume in a loop. I'm asking for advice on how to recover without doing a forced power down, which probably would cause the installation to be unrecoverable. Background: The church secretary upgraded...
  7. Upgrade to Win 10 Hung

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Win 10 Hung: I have just upgrade to Win 10 from 7. The upgrade appears to have been successful, it worked through all the stages but it has now hung at this screen. It has been here for a couple of hours. I can hear the hard disk spinning but the drive light is not flashing. Help would...
  8. Dell Latitude e5470 won't turn on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Latitude e5470 won't turn on.: Hi, Computes was left in warehouse for 1-2 months in working condition. Today I wanted to configure it for user. Pressed power button - nothing happened. Connected AC adapter- power button and power LED turned ON, but no POST, no FANS, nothing. Tried to keep pressed power...
  9. Getting files ready for installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting files ready for installation: So recently my previous windows 10 file was corrupted so I needed a new iso file... in the progress of installing I've been stuck with Getting files ready for installation part for 2 hours.. is there any fix?...
  10. Computer hung on "Getting Windows Ready". No update should be there.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer hung on "Getting Windows Ready". No update should be there.: I finished updating my Lenovo Thinkpad W510 with the 2nd Tuesday updates and doing some other updates to it. I clicked on the shutdown, and all of a sudden I get the "Getting Windows ready .. Don't turn off your computer" message. Since I just completed the Cumulative Update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. latitude e5470 stalls update 1803