Windows 10: Lauching games forcing power plan to be set in High Performance mode

Discus and support Lauching games forcing power plan to be set in High Performance mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello All, Long time stalker, but first time poster. I have a new rig Intel i7 7700K, Asus Prime Z270AR, Samsung Evo 850 1Tb, Corsair Vengeance DDR4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by drugstocowboy, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Lauching games forcing power plan to be set in High Performance mode

Hello All,
    Long time stalker, but first time poster. I have a new rig Intel i7 7700K, Asus Prime Z270AR, Samsung Evo 850 1Tb, Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz 16Gb Ram, EVGA Geforce Gtx 1080 SC. I have been dealing with an issue where launching a game forces the power plan to change from "Balanced" to "High Performance" mode. Additionally, while in "High Performance" mode, speedstep does not work and my CPU clock speed is stuck at 4.45GHz. Has anyone run into this issue? Thanks in advance!

:)

drugstocowboy, Apr 10, 2017

2. High performance power option in Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3.

it is very easy all you need to do is go to power settings and there should be two options balanced and low but if you look down it says more plans and there it should say high performance mode and then click it and high performance mode should be switched
    on

FaisalHussain_875, Apr 10, 2017
  3. windows 10 performance issue

What is your Power Plan? Is it Power Saver, Balance or High Performance?

Try set it to High Performance and see whether anything will be changed?

Cyber_Defend_Team, Apr 10, 2017
  4. Lauching games forcing power plan to be set in High Performance mode

Apparently I missed this thread.

I have the same issue. AMD CPU/GPU so that would suggest it's not the graphics program. I haven't found a solution to it yet.

Also, I've only noticed it recently. I'm not sure of an exact time but previously I had no problems with my sleep. While the GPU is relatively new, the build is from 2014.

monitorless, Apr 12, 2017
  5. I think I may have found the culprit in my case: Avast Antivirus.

I'm assuming this is a change to their "Game Mode". I went to Performance>Game Mode>Settings. Then under Performance there is a "Trigger high performance" which says "switches power plan when you play to prefer performance at the cost of battery".

Thanks for adding a new feature that require I waste time on fixing it, Avast!

monitorless, Apr 13, 2017
  6. jkw5683 Win User
    I literally created an account to say this:
    THANK YOU SO MUCH. I WAS LITERALLY GOING CRAZY FROM THIS PROBLEM.

jkw5683, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lauching games forcing power plan to be set in High Performance mode

1. Lauching games forcing power plan to be set in High Performance mode - Similar Threads - Lauching games forcing

2. No "High Performance" power plan.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No "High Performance" power plan.: When choosing a power plan, only the "balanced" plan is available. Also, when creating your own plan, they offer a balanced one. The question is how to fix this and set more “Maximum performance”?...
  3. No "High Performance" power plan.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "High Performance" power plan.: When choosing a power plan, only the "balanced" plan is available. Also, when creating your own plan, they offer a balanced one. The question is how to fix this and set more “Maximum performance”?...
  4. High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans: I am running Windows 10, and I already selected the balanced plan, but now I realize that I need the high performance plan, but the control panel is not allowing me to change it after I have already selected the balanced plan. Is it permanently locked on balanced plan?...
  5. High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans: I am running Windows 10, and I already selected the balanced plan, but now I realize that I need the high performance plan, but the control panel is not allowing me to change it after I have already selected the balanced plan. Is it permanently locked on balanced plan?...
  6. High Performance vs Balanced Mode - Power Plans

7. power mode can't be set while the high performance power plan is used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power mode can't be set while the high performance power plan is used: I cannot change the power mode because I get this message...... power mode can't be set while the high performance power plan is used.The problem is there is nothing I have been able to do to even find a "high performance power plan" or how to turn it off. The final mission...
  8. power mode can't be set while the high performance power plan is used

power mode can't be set while the high performance power plan is used: I cannot change the power mode because I get this message...... power mode can't be set while the high performance power plan is used.The problem is there is nothing I have been able to do to even find a "high performance power plan" or how to turn it off. The final mission...
  9. autounattend.xml High Performance power plan

in Windows 10 Support
    autounattend.xml High Performance power plan: In previous versions of Windows 10, a default installation would have 3 power plans, and you could simply make a choice. Now only the "Balanced" power plan exists and you have to create whatever plan you want. Using Windows System Image Manager, I created an autounattend.xml...
  10. High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan.: What is the real difference between the High Performance Power Plan and Ultimate Performance Power Plan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-performance-power-plan-and-ultimate/6625509a-a16e-4c61-a36f-a7c9a5d7ce5c