Windows 10: launching apps from custom shell?

Discus and support launching apps from custom shell? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using win 10 as the base for an htpc. My plan was to change the shell from explorer.exe to kodi.exe for a more seamless experience, no background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jonass21, May 28, 2016.

1. Jonass21 Win User

launching apps from custom shell?

I am using win 10 as the base for an htpc. My plan was to change the shell from explorer.exe to kodi.exe for a more seamless experience, no background no notifications etc. This works great except that if I try to launch any apps, Netflix and Perfect Tube, I get the error, class not registered. Both work great if I change the shell back to explorer.exe. Is there anyway around this? BTW, how I am loading them from kodi is by creating a shortcut to the app, and then Using Advanced Launcher to open the shortcut. Again this works great, if I don't use kodi as shell, which I was really hoping to do. Also only apps don't work when using kodi as shell, any regular .exe works great, such as chrome or steam

:)

Jonass21, May 28, 2016

2. Note button in Action Centre

onenote-cmd is a protocol association which launches OneNote app by default (and can be customized to launch a 3rd party program like EverNote). Are you able to launch OneNote app (not referring to Office OneNote desktop program) normally?

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 28, 2016
  3. Fender77---01, May 28, 2016
Thema:

launching apps from custom shell?

1. launching apps from custom shell? - Similar Threads - launching apps custom

2. How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?: Hello,I am currently working on establishing a connection with a Wi-Fi network from a custom shell launcher. I have configured my machine with a custom shell launcher which will only open the application that I have loaded. The application needs an internet connection...
  3. How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?: Hello,I am currently working on establishing a connection with a Wi-Fi network from a custom shell launcher. I have configured my machine with a custom shell launcher which will only open the application that I have loaded. The application needs an internet connection...
  4. How to connect to a Wi-Fi network from a Custom shell launcher?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is it possible to access an another exe file from the custom shell launcher?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to access an another exe file from the custom shell launcher?: Hi, I am working with windows custom shell launcher v2. I have configured everything and it works completely fine.First of all, the given definition of custom shell launcher v2 is that it will replace the explorer.exe with the customshellapplication.exei.e the application...
  6. Windows custom shell launcher is not detecting Arduino.

Windows custom shell launcher is not detecting Arduino.: Hi All,I have been working with windows custom shell launcher to launch a particular application. The custom launcher works perfectly. But, in my application, I wanted to communicate with the Arduino board. I am using the Intel NUC board where the custom shell launcher is...
  7. Can no longer change default shell from explorer.exe to custom

Can no longer change default shell from explorer.exe to custom: I had an old installation of Windows 10(Unsure of exact version, was v 1703 or older) where I replaced the default shell of explorer.exe with my own startup.bat file(which started multiple programs excluding explorer) so it would boot directly into my programs. I accomplished...
  8. Help with Open Shell customizations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Open Shell customizations: I've managed to set almost everything like I want except two things: I'd like the menu to be higher (it's currently lower than how it is in W7), and I'd like to change the behaviour of the "Control Panel" button in the menu: it always opens Control Panel with the "View by"...
  9. Non-Universal Apps (Power Shell, Device Manager, etc.) not launching from Start Context Menu

Non-Universal Apps (Power Shell, Device Manager, etc.) not launching from Start Context Menu: Non-Universal Apps (Power Shell, Device Manager, etc.) not launching from Start Context Menu. Universal apps start fine. I already tried restarting the system and that did not help. I tried replacing the shortcuts in...
  10. Customizing items in shell desktop folder?

Customizing items in shell desktop folder?: Hi, I hope this is the right forum. Is it possible to remove/add items in the shell (virtual) desktop folder? I can't find any information anywhere on how to do this, only the "This PC" folder. This is the folder/items I'm talking about [img] 101509