Windows 10: Launching exe file change its modified date

Discus and support Launching exe file change its modified date in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have upgraded to Win 10 and getting used to it little by little. There is something new which I find quite annoying. Whenever I launch an exe file,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by loic, Sep 20, 2015.

1. loic Win User

Launching exe file change its modified date

I have upgraded to Win 10 and getting used to it little by little. There is something new which I find quite annoying. Whenever I launch an exe file, the modified date is changed to the present date/time. Is there a way to disable that like in all previous versions of Windows. I want to keep it unchanged.
    Thanks.
    Loïc

:)

2. JohnSci Win User
    JohnSci, Sep 20, 2015
  3. JohnSci Win User
    Launching exe file change its timestamp (modified date)

We shouldn't have to use Windows Feedback to fix all the bloody problems that Microsoft created / introduced with Windows 10 to frustrate existing users.

It looks like Ms Community is just a black hole created by Ms, staffed by MSE, where we waste our time with these frustrations. It looks like no problems ever get escalated / passed on to the people that matter.

Is Feedback the only way to report problems???

JohnSci, Sep 20, 2015
Thema:

Launching exe file change its modified date

1. Launching exe file change its modified date - Similar Threads - Launching exe file

2. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  3. File's 'date modified' is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File's 'date modified' is missing: I have a file that isn't showing the date modified on file explorer. When checking it's properties, the modified date only shows: 12:00:00 AM, no date. It has a creation date, and doesn't have previous versions to restore.How can I fix this to show the correct modified date?...
  4. Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time: I've just noticed that in my Users/'Me'/Favorites/Downloads folder that every file apart desktop.ini has had its Date Modified changed to 28/09/2021 at 11:38.I very rarely even access this folder, it seems to be MS Edge temporary storage used when I download from a website.I...
  5. Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time: I've just noticed that in my Users/'Me'/Favorites/Downloads folder that every file apart desktop.ini has had its Date Modified changed to 28/09/2021 at 11:38.I very rarely even access this folder, it seems to be MS Edge temporary storage used when I download from a website.I...
  6. Change multiple Date Modified entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Change multiple Date Modified entries: Is it possible to achieve the following by either command prompt, PowerShell, batch file, VBS script or any other tool please? I have folders containing subfolders, and in each subfolder there is a single file with extension '.ino', with the same filename as the subfolder....
  7. OneDrive changing 'date modified' when file just opened not modified

OneDrive changing 'date modified' when file just opened not modified: How do I stop OneDrive from changing the 'date modified" to todays date when I just open but don't modify a file or when I move a file or folder to another folder....
  8. FILES COPIED CHANGED THE CREATED AND MODIFIED DATES TO THE DATE COPY WAS DONE???

FILES COPIED CHANGED THE CREATED AND MODIFIED DATES TO THE DATE COPY WAS DONE???: Files created over many years were copied form PC WIN 7 to a portable hard drive then my new PC WIN10 File creation dates and modified dates changed to the date copy was done. For my purposes this is disastrous. One answer was I should have used "move" instead of "copy"....
  9. Date Modified in File Explorer

Date Modified in File Explorer: Hi, Recently I discovered that some of the files in a folder have missing date modified information in the date modified column. Please see the below screenshots describing the exact problem. [ATTACH] When I select 'Properties' of a file that does not have date...
  10. Date modified changed for thousands of files

Date modified changed for thousands of files: Hi, On my Windows 10 laptop with a Samsung SSD I have experienced some weird behavior tonight: I have roughly 11.000 files with date modified "today" since I started the laptop in the afternoon. Many of these files are in tmp folders e.g. AppData/Local/Temp or in folders...