Launching Steam now gives DCOM error 10016.

Discus and support Launching Steam now gives DCOM error 10016. in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; So I have noticed that launching Steam now gives the error too now just like Google Chrome. I look in the past and the letters in the DCOM error are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Redbatman Win User

So I have noticed that launching Steam now gives the error too now just like Google Chrome.

I look in the past and the letters in the DCOM error are a little different than chrome but it still happens the same.

Sigh Windows 10.... *Doh

:)

Redbatman, Jun 4, 2018
  2. rusty-45 Win User

DCOM error 10016 on shutdown

Is this procedure supposed to resolve the DCOM 10016 errors or the Service Control Manager 7031 errors? The recent MS updates have apparently solved the DCOM 10016 errors I was getting for "Runtime Broker." Now they only happen for Cortana.

It is actually the SCM 7031 errors that I would like to eliminate now.

rusty-45, Jun 9, 2018
  3. rusty-45 Win User
    DCOM error 10016 on shutdown

I had been getting the DCOM error 10016 on shutdown immediately followed by 4 SCM 7031 errors for quite some time until the MS August 10 updates were installed. I am still getting the SCM 7031 errors but the DCOM 10016 errors have stopped. Has anyone
    else had this experience? I am running Win 10 Version 1511 on a desktop.

rusty-45, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

Launching Steam now gives DCOM error 10016. - Similar Threads - Launching Steam DCOM

1. Win 10 taking 3 min to launch link or open Word doc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 taking 3 min to launch link or open Word doc: My Dell Optiplex 980 (Win 10 16.299, 8 gb RAM) has been working fine, until this morning, when on waking up from sleep it abruptly slowed to a crawl. That's 'crawl' as in taking 3 minutes to open Word, another 3 to move from one doc to another in the same directory, 5 min to...
  2. launching app on non admin account without entering admin password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    launching app on non admin account without entering admin password: Hello, I have at startup programs which require to enter administrator password for each, (i am on non admin account), i want to start them without entering administrator password everytime. i tried this solution from latest post using task sheduler How to allow a user to...
  3. Windows 10 dual-screen laptops will probably launch this year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 dual-screen laptops will probably launch this year: Gregory Bryant, Intel’s senior vice president of client computing said in an interview that the dual-screen, foldable or bendable devices are coming this year. It’s only a matter of time before we see dual-screen Windows 10 laptops emerge in force, and it’s likely that the...
  4. VLC launches native dedicated ARM64 app for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    VLC launches native dedicated ARM64 app for Windows: Last Month, at Build 2018 Microsoft’s annual developer conference, the company officially introduced the ARM64 SDK that allows developers to port their app to the native 64-bit app. And today, VLC becomes one of first ARM64 Windows application. VLC officially introduced the...
  5. Steam Updates/Verifies Install and then closes, fails to launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam Updates/Verifies Install and then closes, fails to launch: I can get Steam to launch, but only after having the PC be in sleep mode. I can't get Steam to start with Windows 10 either. I've been having trouble finding a solution to this issue all day, seems like I'm one of a very select few experiencing this. I've uninstalled,...
  6. Steam games not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching: I decided to come back to civ 5, and when I press play, all that happens is a small box saying "checking for updates" comes up for a brief moment, followed by another box saying "Searching for steam game updates" again for a brief moment. Nothing happens after. This also...
  7. Steam games not launching on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam games not launching on Windows 10: Hi all, I'm having a problem when I try to launch Steam games, as whatever game I try to launch doesn't actually launch. A message comes up about the game "preparing to launch" but then nothing after that happens. Some games give me an error saying Steam is not running at...
Tags: