Launching Steam now gives DCOM error 10016.

Discus and support Launching Steam now gives DCOM error 10016. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have noticed that launching Steam now gives the error too now just like Google Chrome. I look in the past and the letters in the DCOM error are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Redbatman Win User

So I have noticed that launching Steam now gives the error too now just like Google Chrome.

I look in the past and the letters in the DCOM error are a little different than chrome but it still happens the same.

Sigh Windows 10.... *Doh

:)

Redbatman, Jun 4, 2018
  2. rusty-45 Win User

DCOM error 10016 on shutdown

Is this procedure supposed to resolve the DCOM 10016 errors or the Service Control Manager 7031 errors? The recent MS updates have apparently solved the DCOM 10016 errors I was getting for "Runtime Broker." Now they only happen for Cortana.

It is actually the SCM 7031 errors that I would like to eliminate now.

rusty-45, Jun 9, 2018
  3. rusty-45 Win User
    DCOM error 10016 on shutdown

I had been getting the DCOM error 10016 on shutdown immediately followed by 4 SCM 7031 errors for quite some time until the MS August 10 updates were installed. I am still getting the SCM 7031 errors but the DCOM 10016 errors have stopped. Has anyone
    else had this experience? I am running Win 10 Version 1511 on a desktop.

rusty-45, Jun 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Launching Steam now gives DCOM error 10016. - Similar Threads - Launching Steam DCOM

2. Bing.com now runs on .NET Core 2.1

in Windows 10 News
    Bing.com now runs on .NET Core 2.1: Bing.com is a cloud service that runs on thousands of servers spanning many datacenters across the globe. Bing servers handle thousands of users’ queries every second from consumers around the world doing searches through their browsers, from our partners using the Microsoft...
  3. Windows Error When Trying to Access "Language Bar Options"

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Error When Trying to Access "Language Bar Options": I recently bought this Lenovo Ideapad 110 for studying and watching videos on Youtube. I study 3 languages, so having shortcuts like ctrl+shift+1 to switch to a particular language is much more preferable to having to press windows+space to slowly switch between them. Today,...
  4. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098: The laptop of my girlfriend froze when we tried to move a big chunk of pictures from a phone to the laptop. After a restart it didnt load up windows 10 anymore. The laptop only shows the "Boot Menu" and gives the option to pick between two PCI LANs. We tried repairing the...
  5. hp officejet 5740 now asks for a passphrase.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hp officejet 5740 now asks for a passphrase.: I have been using my Officejet 5740 for some time now. Just recently it started asking for a passphrase. Help, please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hp-officejet-5740-now-asks-for-a-passphrase/77f1bbe7-f784-4fc1-9d03-5ee8e70336d9
  6. hard drive error 2000-0146 bsod dell inspiron 43320086317 ESC

in Windows 10 Customization
    hard drive error 2000-0146 bsod dell inspiron 43320086317 ESC: HOPING for a answer bsod error code does this mean I need to get a new computer? Really tired of trying to make this one work almost 2 years since I updated to the free windows 10 wasn't long after bsod just now able to get to advanced settings any help very much appreciated...
  7. Windows 10 re-install errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 re-install errors: hello there i have been trying to reinstall my windows 10 but everytime i get the doc watch dog violation error , sometimes just before the installation begins, sometimes during and sometimes when the installation is done and windows restarts, this was the same problem for...
  8. "Invalid Handle" error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Invalid Handle" error: I have been having issues with my tower for a while now. I am getting a BSOD without an alpha-numerical error code, just says that a critical error has occured. I was going into safe mode to back up files, games, etc, and when I tried to log in, I got the invalid handle...
  9. Watchdog clock overtime blue screen error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Watchdog clock overtime blue screen error: Hello, I've recently built a gaming PC; my specifications are as follows; Intel i7-8700 GTX1070 Gigabyte B360M D3SH Motherboard two Samsung 8GB DDR4 19200 RAM cards Samsung EVO 500GB SSD Superflower SF-600R12A Nova 80 Plus (a 600W PSU) However, I have been getting...
  10. windows 10 iso file to usb but its not working set up error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 iso file to usb but its not working set up error: auto run setup error how to fix please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/windows-10-iso-file-to-usb-but-its-not-working-set/5d6c92b0-b7c7-447e-b2cc-41fa27052bc4
Tags: