Windows 10: Lead me to a Tutorial that will help me fix my problem

Discus and support Lead me to a Tutorial that will help me fix my problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After upgrading from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro, the icons on my screen became worthless and the drive directories, C + D + E will not work either to launch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cyclone3211, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Lead me to a Tutorial that will help me fix my problem

After upgrading from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro, the icons on my screen became worthless and the drive directories, C + D + E will not work either to launch a program or to reinstall it.
    Okay, I did an upgrade install rather than fresh install because I wanted, as advertised, to save the need to reinstall all of my current programs.
    There was truth in the advertising, but how do I access them without doing a reinstall. I have tried to execute a program with its exe file but that does not work. There seems to be no Left click to get things going but there is a Right click that is all but useless also.
    Since this must not be an isolated case, how have others resolved this issue?

:)

cyclone3211, Aug 8, 2016

2. HELP ME TO CREATE A PASSWORD THAT ENABLES ME INPUT A PASSWORD BEFORE I INSTALL APP ON MY WINDDOWS 10 PC

HOW CAN I MAKE MY PC (WINDOWS 10) ASK ME FOR PASSWORD ANY TIME I WANT TO INSTALL AN APP? PLS HELP ME I WANT TO PROTEC MY PC. I HAVE AN ADMIN PASSWORD ALREADY BUUT DONT KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT. HELP PLEASE!!!!

CalebHaruna, Aug 8, 2016
  3. HELP ME TO CREATE A PASSWORD THAT ENABLES ME INPUT A PASSWORD BEFORE I INSTALL APP ON MY WINDDOWS 10 PC

Hello Caleb,

If you are using an Admin account and password, you will not be prompted by your computer for a password when you try to install a program since you are logged in as the Admin.

Try creating another account so that whoever uses your computer will not be able to install or even change the settings that you made.

For reference:
    Adjust User Account Control settings in Windows 7 and Windows 8

NOTE: Follow the steps for Windows 8 if you are using Windows 10.

You can also check our TechNet Article:
    User Account Control security policy settings

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Aug 8, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Lead me to a Tutorial that will help me fix my problem

If your update is as bad as you say it is, you could try doing a Repair Install. This WILL NOT remove any of your programs or personal files. It will repair any Windows files that it finds missing or broken. Here is the link for the tutorial

Hold on..
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

OldMike65, Aug 8, 2016
  5. If I understand this correctly, we are doing a reinstall of Win10 from the ISO setup and not from a disk?
    Actually we are do over what we did in the first place to possible fix what may have gone wrong.

I understand how to start this with one exception, since I am the only user on this machine, am I automatically the Admin.?

Thanks for your suggestion and I will give a try.

cyclone3211, Aug 8, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    If your the only user on your PC then you should be the only Admin. Just to check you can open Control Panel , User Accounts, then just click on User Accounts.

OldMike65, Aug 8, 2016
  7. Thanks again I will try it

cyclone3211, Aug 8, 2016
  8. Lead me to a Tutorial that will help me fix my problem

Problem is that I can not find UEFI firmware settings. After going through the steps and getting into the Advance Options, there is no heading for UEFI nor is there a security section in my BIOS.

What should I do?

cyclone3211, Aug 8, 2016
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    That would mean that your motherboard does not have support for UEFI. So there is nothing else you can do.

OldMike65, Aug 8, 2016
  10. Thanks, then I will just skip that step

cyclone3211, Aug 8, 2016
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    OldMike65, Aug 8, 2016
  12. No it is not. IF I remember correctly it is a MSI X58Pro-E, was looking for the manual and currently could not find it.

Also There is a ADMIN ACCT listed in the user group but I never set one up on that pC

cyclone3211, Aug 8, 2016
  13. OldMike65 Win User

I thought all you were trying to do, was turn on auto login ....thats takes about 2 mins to do.
    Ok My mistake.....been talking to ....too many people today. I'm sorry....your doing a repair install......
    Download the correct ISO for your OS then just use the instructions on that link I gave you.

OldMike65, Aug 8, 2016
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    That is made by Windows .....so should be ok.

OldMike65, Aug 9, 2016
  15. I have it setup for auto logon. My newer desktop has me as the admin.

cyclone3211, Aug 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Lead me to a Tutorial that will help me fix my problem - Similar Threads - Lead Tutorial help

2. Help me fix my problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me fix my problem: Hi , when wanted to shange the resolution i acceduntly turn on "3d colors" after that the screen goes black but didn't turn off and when i restart the pc he goes the same thing " black screen but still on " can you give me a solution...
  3. Help me fix my problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me fix my problem: Hi , when wanted to shange the resolution i acceduntly turn on "3d colors" after that the screen goes black but didn't turn off and when i restart the pc he goes the same thing " black screen but still on " can you give me a solution...
  4. Help me fix my problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. help me fix my problems

help me fix my problems: Hi, my self Mayukh Chatterjee, I have a Lenovo legion 5 with AMD ryzen 5 44600h and gtx 1650. I am having 2 problems currently 1. My amd radeon CPU graphic driver keeps getting deleted by the windows update what should I do to stop that? 2. My second problem is that recently...
  6. help me fix my problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help me fix my problems: Hi, my self Mayukh Chatterjee, I have a Lenovo legion 5 with AMD ryzen 5 44600h and gtx 1650. I am having 2 problems currently 1. My amd radeon CPU graphic driver keeps getting deleted by the windows update what should I do to stop that? 2. My second problem is that recently...
  7. help me to fix this problem

in Cortana
    help me to fix this problem: i am the only member unable to access chat in a meeting what should i do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-fix-this-problem/595221fe-6398-4b25-9187-b817749a9002
  8. Please help me on fixing this problem

Please help me on fixing this problem: So, for the last months, my windows 10 wont update automatically, and what i did WAS TO IGNORE it, i have to come to the conclusion that i need to get to an engineer if no one answers, so here's why i need to FIX THIS INSTANTLY.1. I edit videos, and sometimes the music file i...
  9. Help me to fix sound problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help me to fix sound problem: Please help me to fix sound problem in windows 10 i can't hear anything from my system even other sound device I can't hear anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-fix-sound-problem/fc81c9bc-defc-4345-a060-68e03b65d6c0
  10. Help me fix this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me fix this problem: I downloaded different first shooter games on steam and now when I play I cant look and shoot when I am moving sometimes it works but rarely. I think its a problem with my touchpad if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this please help I cant play any games with guns it...