Windows 10: Leaked Spartan browser demoed in new video, shows off Cortana

Discus and support Leaked Spartan browser demoed in new video, shows off Cortana in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft's next web browser, and successor to Internet Explorer, is Project Spartan. The modern browser has been demoed in a video published by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Leaked Spartan browser demoed in new video, shows off Cortana

Read more: Leaked Spartan browser demoed in new video, shows off Cortana integration | Windows Central

[youtube]Fj9QAMVmdbM[/youtube]

:)

Brink, Mar 2, 2015

2. how to have Cortana window show local news, weather, etc.

It is on-demand now, when you want it. You can ask (or type) "show me the local news" and it will show.

Here's a video demo: Get Local News-Weather in Cortana

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 2, 2015
  3. A few questions about Cortana

I gathered that was a fairly new feature that may not be live quite yet. The nice thing about the Cortana experience is the majority of the updates are done on the backend servers, so nothing needs to happen on the phone itself. I think this is coming,
    pretty soon, and some demos have been shown/leaked.

Sven Johannsen, Mar 2, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Saw that yesterday.
    Doesn't look like you can voice activate a search like 'OK Google'!
    Thanks for that, Shawn.

... Pretty lean on Settings too!

Edwin, Mar 2, 2015
  5. Thanks for info, was having a look at this earlier at it seems pretty good

I just hope that at the latest for release, these features are going to be for everyone, going to be annoying if it says 'US Only'

paulsalter, Mar 2, 2015
  6. Yep guessed that cortana might be intergraded into spartan = pass.

ThrashZone, Mar 2, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    Oh, you skeptic! You don't like 'Her', do ya?! *Wink

Edwin, Mar 2, 2015
  8. Leaked Spartan browser demoed in new video, shows off Cortana

Hey Cortana.... would and is already old to say or type *Smile

ThrashZone, Mar 2, 2015
  9. Vladimir Win User
    Interesting. Thanks for posting.

*Smile

Vladimir, Mar 2, 2015
  10. ARC1020 Win User
    I'm not a fan of non-descript icons like on the top right. I was using someone's iPad recently and that has these stupid icons all over the place. Not being a "i" user I had no idea what some of them were for without clicking on them, and I know that a lot of people who aren't interested in computers just won't click on them at all because they don't want to end up screwing something up. At least with Windows phone the silly icons have text below the icons so you can read what they're for. They should just stick to the 3 they have in IE which drop down into text menus, because the more of these icons they add, the worse it becomes.

That said, Spartan looks nice and I like the way they've put the tabs at the top, because the empty title bar that was there before was just a waste of space anyway. However, I can't help but wonder how much functionality they're planning on ditching with Spartan. As the circle to the right of the address bar is now Cortana, it would be interesting to know where the ActiveX Filtering/Tracking Protection circle has been moved to, or whether they're going to ditch it altogether. It would be tragic if they do.

Also, right-clicking on selected text only shows 'Ask Cortana'. Does that mean it will no longer be possible to add your own search providers to the right-click menu anymore?

Leaked Spartan browser demoed in new video, shows off Cortana [​IMG]

What I think Microsoft should also introduce in Spartan is the option to have an Opera style 'Speed Dial' homepage.

ARC1020, Mar 2, 2015
  11. enoch1138 Win User
    Just as long as its an option, because Spartan looks beautiful and... Spartan. The last thing I want is junk all over it.

enoch1138, Mar 3, 2015
  12. All of the symbols are light gray hardly beautiful :/
    More like plain jane lt gray on a white back ground,

ThrashZone, Mar 3, 2015
  13. enoch1138 Win User

Flat, clean, powerful and fast.

That's what I want.

Chrome and Firefox look like something out of the last century with all of their chrome and cruft and bloat. I want it garbage free, sleek and responsive.

enoch1138, Mar 3, 2015
  14. LEE
    Lee Win User
    I think that is called a difference in opinion. . .*Biggrin

Thema:

1. Leaked Spartan browser demoed in new video, shows off Cortana - Similar Threads - Leaked Spartan browser

2. Microsoft’s new demo shows off Windows 10’s Fluent Design

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s new demo shows off Windows 10’s Fluent Design: Microsoft’s new design language called Fluent Design is already available in the existing versions of Windows 10, and most of the first party app supports it. Microsoft’s Fluent Design is supposed to revamp the look of Windows 10 with acrylic and the reveal effect in apps,...
  3. Cortana & Spartan

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana & Spartan: I came across this bit a few days ago and finally decided to post about where MS is getting the feature names or project names. [img] Cortana CTN 0452-9 Species: Artificial Intelligence Affiliation: UNSC Service number: CTN 0452-9 Activation site:...
  4. Leaked video demoed Mix View Live Tiles on Lumia McLaren

in Windows 10 News
    Leaked video demoed Mix View Live Tiles on Lumia McLaren: Leaked video demoed Mix View Live Tiles on Lumia McLaren SIXNWSxICm4 Now, a new video shows Mix View Live Tiles feature in action and the device in which the feature is demoed, seems like Lumia McLaren running on Windows Phone 8.1 (the device is cancelled). The...
  5. Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Project Spartan: The New Browser Built for Windows 10: Today I’m excited to share more details about “Project Spartan,” the new browser we are introducing in Windows 10. Project Spartan will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web. Project Spartan is designed to work...
  6. Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan

in Windows 10 News
    Hands on with Microsoft's new browser, Spartan: Microsoft is working on a new web browser called Spartan and while that is not the name the company will use to market the app, it is the moniker by which it is referring to it during its development. This browser will come with Windows 10 and will feature deep integration...
  7. Microsoft delivers new Windows 10 preview without Spartan browser

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft delivers new Windows 10 preview without Spartan browser: Microsoft delivers new Windows 10 preview without Spartan browser March 18, 2015 03:00 pm Microsoft is releasing a new preview version of Windows 10 today, days after a build leaked to the web and nearly two months since the company’s last public update. Microsoft’s big...
  8. Microsoft's new browser, Spartan, is not in today's Windows 10 release

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft's new browser, Spartan, is not in today's Windows 10 release: At Mobile World Congress, a Microsoft executive said that in the next release of Windows 10 to Insiders, Spartan would be part of the build. But with today's release of 10041, Spartan is not part of the package. We got a chance to chat with Gabe Aul, ahead of today's...
  9. New screenshots reveal more about Spartan browser's interface

in Windows 10 News
    New screenshots reveal more about Spartan browser's interface: Russian blog MSWin has posted an early review of the upcoming Spartan browser for Windows 10. Though it isn't clear which build of Windows 10 the browser is from, the review does provide some screenshots of the browser in action, along with some UI and settings details we...
  10. Spartan Browser To Get Extensions Confirmed

in Windows 10 News
    Spartan Browser To Get Extensions Confirmed: Microsoft's new browser for Windows 10, codenamed "Spartan," will be getting extensions, company officials confirmed during a Twitter chat on January 27. In an #AskIE chat on Twitter, IE team members confirmed what had been rumored: Extensions are coming to IE. Microsoft...