Windows 10: Leaving Homegroup

Discus and support Leaving Homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was operating two computers on a wired network each running Win 7 that I have upgraded to Win 10. Most seems to be Ok but I have problems trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pseddon, Aug 31, 2015.

1. pseddon Win User

Leaving Homegroup

I was operating two computers on a wired network each running Win 7 that I have upgraded to Win 10. Most seems to be Ok but I have problems trying to get access from the one computer to a printer connected to the second computer. Here is a summary of the actions I have taken:
    1. Use add a printer and select a shared printer by name. it asks for a a password for the computer to which the printer is connected (HomeGroupUser$).
    2. The homegroup password seems to reside on an old machine that I no longer have connected and there is no option to leave or reset the homegroup password.
    3. I tried adjusting the advanced network connection options but that did not make any difference.

How can I reset or disconnect all machines from the homegroup and then reconnect them. I uninstalled the printer driver and re-installed it. I believe file sharing is working correctly and the printer was accessible from both machines in Win7.

Peter

:)

pseddon, Aug 31, 2015

2. Homegroup not working

Re: Go to the Network Settings and Leave the Homegroup.

You can't leave the homegroup if you are being asked to join. There is NO home group to leave. But the stupid thing wants me to join the homegroup that is a ghost on the same machine/user.

That's the problem. If I could leave the homegroup I wouldn't have this problem.

PapaKilo14, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Homegroup

Even though your laptop is turned off, your Homegroup will still work since the network has been established. For us to assist you, we recommend that you leave that Homegroup network. Here's a simple guide on how to do it:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type HomeGroup, and then select the HomeGroup control panel app.
    • In the main HomeGroup window, click Leave the homegroup.
    • On the Leave the Homegroup window, confirm that you want to leave by clicking
      Leave the homegroup.
    • When the wizard finishes removing you from the HomeGroup, click the Finish
      button.

Kindly update us with the results and if you have further queries, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Aug 31, 2015
  4. pseddon Win User

Leaving Homegroup

I found a previous thread on this forum that suggested the Homegroup services were not running. By running them I could leave the 'spurious' homegroup and create a ne home group that seems to run correctly.

Peter

pseddon, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

Leaving Homegroup

1. Leaving Homegroup - Similar Threads - Leaving Homegroup

2. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10: Trying once again to get rid of the HomeGroup on my Win10 Home, 21H1, build 19043.1586 that always comes up as the 1st login option. Must be a hangover from a Win 7 upgrade that I've been putting up with ever since.Every post I've found on this apparently deals with pre-1803...
  3. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10: Trying once again to get rid of the HomeGroup on my Win10 Home, 21H1, build 19043.1586 that always comes up as the 1st login option. Must be a hangover from a Win 7 upgrade that I've been putting up with ever since.Every post I've found on this apparently deals with pre-1803...
  4. Can't leave/remove HomeGroup in post-1803 Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. can not leave HomeGroup in1809

can not leave HomeGroup in1809: I have 1809 in my pcs & i noticed my windows 7 laptop says i have homegroup on one of my win 10 1809 pcs but i cant leave the homegroup on that machine as they took it out why is my 7 machine see it? How do i log out of the homegroup on that machine with no option? 122768
  6. no camera / leave my homegroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    no camera / leave my homegroup: I need to know: 1. find my camera / after 1803 installation I no longer can find my camera 2. how to exit homegroup? Delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/no-camera-leave-my-homegroup/721e2235-c39b-4818-bcaf-dfce14c5eb2b
  7. Cannot leave or create homegroup

Cannot leave or create homegroup: I've tried every "fix" I've come across and I cannot get my homegroup back up. Is there a way to use the command line to leave the homegroup? This has been a huge pain since I upgraded my PCs to Win10. Using flash drives to share files is getting old. 27295
  8. Windows 10 refresh leaves PC unable to connect to Homegroup

Windows 10 refresh leaves PC unable to connect to Homegroup: I've five Windows 10 pc's on home network connected to Homegroup for sharing. I performed Windows 10 refresh keeping personal settings on 3 pc's; hopegroup is fine. I performed a windows 10 refresh keeping personal settings on a fourth pc; now it won't connect to Homegroup,...
  9. Homegroup issue: I have one laptop which cannot join (or leave)!

Homegroup issue: I have one laptop which cannot join (or leave)!: Folks, I'm in need of an assist. I have 5 computers working nicely with one another on my homegroup. None of that matters since my wife's laptop is the one which doesn't work with the homegroup. I've read every tutorial and tried every step that I could find, to no...
  10. Leave Homegroup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Leave Homegroup in Windows 10: How to: Leave Homegroup in Windows 10 [img] Information A Homegroup makes it easy to share pictures, music, documents, videos, and printers with other Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 computers on your local home network. You can also stream media to...