Windows 10: Left click button no longer works when selecting the windows

Discus and support Left click button no longer works when selecting the windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Suddenly when I turned on my machine, the left click button on touchpad will no longer work,right click works fine but no left click. This is also true... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jsrogol, Feb 18, 2016.

1. jsrogol Win User

Left click button no longer works when selecting the windows

Suddenly when I turned on my machine, the left click button on touchpad will no longer work,right click works fine but no left click. This is also true for the touch screen. If I touch the window icon to open the menu, it changes color but does nothing.

Things I tried:
    1-Connected an external mouse and it also doesn't work with left click.
    2-I tried a restore point from last week to see if that solved the problem. Still the same.

I have no idea what I did to disable the left click button. Could have been caused by a windows update??

Can anyone give me some ideas of where to start?
    Thanks,

:)

jsrogol, Feb 18, 2016

2. Left click on Windows Start Icon no longer works for latest version of windows 10

Microsoft, you are an absolute disgrace.

This issue is frustrating quite possibly hundreds of people yet you continue to sit on your hands.

You force W10 onto peoples computers yet you don't have the balls to speak up when requested

to resolve this matter.

It is no wonder people loath you.

RichardKreider, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Left click on Windows Start Icon no longer works for latest version of windows 10

Microsoft is no help on this.

Rename the C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat file to UsrClass.dat.old or something.

Restart your computer. It will build a new Usr.Class.dat file. You will lose anything you have pinned to your start menu (I pin most of my frequently used programs to the taskbar) but the other stuff will work.

DanKnudson, Feb 18, 2016
  4. Left click button no longer works when selecting the windows

go to settings, devices, mouse and touchpad. see if mouse primary button is set to left.

lopedoggie, Feb 18, 2016
Thema:

Left click button no longer works when selecting the windows

1. Left click button no longer works when selecting the windows - Similar Threads - Left click button

2. Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window: Recently I started having really annoying problem with multiple items selection on my virtual machine.When I press ctrl and I select multiple items, and then I click out to any other window, when I come back and want to continue previous selection I am not able to.Typical...
  3. Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window: Recently I started having really annoying problem with multiple items selection on my virtual machine.When I press ctrl and I select multiple items, and then I click out to any other window, when I come back and want to continue previous selection I am not able to.Typical...
  4. Ctrl+select no longer works when I click out of the window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  6. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  7. Windows 11 Start button not working Left Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Start button not working Left Click: I just updated to Windows 11, Version 22H2 and my left click on my start button no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-start-button-not-working-left-click/78cae092-784c-4b76-843d-a08957ed09ad
  8. Windows 11 Start button not working Left Click

Windows 11 Start button not working Left Click: I just updated to Windows 11, Version 22H2 and my left click on my start button no longer works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-start-button-not-working-left-click/78cae092-784c-4b76-843d-a08957ed09ad
  9. windows start button no left click

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows start button no left click: Hello I have just upgraded from seven to ten. At first things were ok but I no longer have anything on the windows icon with left click. Also the new browser will not start and internet explorer browser icon went away. Can I do another free upgrade by using system restore?...
  10. The Windows "Start" button on taskbar doesn't work with left-click

in Windows 10 Support
    The Windows "Start" button on taskbar doesn't work with left-click: I have four computers running Win10. On two of them the windows "Start" button on the task bar doesn't work. So I can't get to Settings or Apps. I can right click on the Start button and get the "right-click menu". All of the other task bar buttons work. What's going on...