Windows 10: Left click not working when a key is held down on the keyboard

Discus and support Left click not working when a key is held down on the keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having an issue where the left click on my mouse does not work while I hold down a key on my keyboard. I have looked through all the settings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by philiph4, Nov 28, 2015.

1. philiph4 Win User

Left click not working when a key is held down on the keyboard

I am having an issue where the left click on my mouse does not work while I hold down a key on my keyboard. I have looked through all the settings and cannot figure out a solution.

:)

philiph4, Nov 28, 2015
  2. Arul_D Win User

Mouse pad not working when key held down?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue might occur due to outdated or incompatible drivers, missing updates etc.

Let us follow these methods and check the status.

Method 1.

Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

a. Connect the devices to the computer.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search tab and press
    Enter.

c. Click View all on left panel.

d. Click Hardware and devices, new window will popup.

e. Follow the on screen instructions. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 2.

Update the Keyboard and mouse pad drivers.

Step 1: Update keyboard drivers.

a. Press Windows + X, select
    Device Manager.

b. Expand Keyboard.

c. Right click on each driver in the menu.

d. Click “update drivers”. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: Update mouse pad drivers.

Please follow the steps to update the drivers.

a. Press Windows + X.

b. Click Device Manager.

c. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.

d. Right click on the software and click update. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Arul_D, Nov 28, 2015
  3. Mouse pad not working when key held down?

Okay well I just yesterday upgraded to Windows 10 and ever since I cant hold a letter key down on my key board and use the mouse pad at the same time . this is frustrating because I need to do this when playing games

TannerWells121, Nov 28, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, do these help?
    Can't left click mouse while keyboard key is press... - TOSHIBA FORUMS

From eightforums:
    Windows 8.1 has a new feature called "Click Delay":
    To prevent the cursor from accidentally moving while you type, change the delay before clicks work.
    There's the problem.

To fix it, hover the cursor in the top right corner until the sidebar opens, click on SETTINGS, then on "Change PC Settings" in the bottom right. On the new screen, click "PC and Devices", and then on "Mouse and touchpad". The "Click Delay" settings are at the bottom.

(I just searched using "cannot click while pressing key")

dalchina, Nov 28, 2015
  5. Wanderz Win User
    I have seen that before. I have windows 10 pro, and the mouse and the touchpad settings are two different things in the settings, and on the touchpad settings there is no "Click Delay" settings. It's not in the mouse settings either. I really don't know what to do.

Wanderz, Jun 5, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Left click not working when a key is held down on the keyboard [​IMG]

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Left click not working when a key is held down on the keyboard - Similar Threads - Left click working

2. Keyboard wont work unless multiple keys held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard wont work unless multiple keys held down: My keyboard wont do ANYTHING. It’s on and connected I even switched the port a couple of times. I’ve noticed that when I hold at least 6 different keys my keyboard returns to proper function. I’ve been googling for answers for the last 2 hours to no avail. Any help would be...
  3. Keyboard wont work unless multiple keys held down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard wont work unless multiple keys held down: My keyboard wont do ANYTHING. It’s on and connected I even switched the port a couple of times. I’ve noticed that when I hold at least 6 different keys my keyboard returns to proper function. I’ve been googling for answers for the last 2 hours to no avail. Any help would be...
  4. Keyboard wont work unless multiple keys held down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Left click not working when keys are pressed down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left click not working when keys are pressed down: Hey all, I have a problem with my computer. I was playing Doom Eternal and it just randomly crashes out of nowhere. I didn't think much of it and reloaded it and I now have an issue. Whenever I have a key held down on my keyboard and a few seconds afterwards, the left click...
  6. Left click not working when keys are pressed down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left click not working when keys are pressed down: Hey all, I have a problem with my computer. I was playing Doom Eternal and it just randomly crashes out of nowhere. I didn't think much of it and reloaded it and I now have an issue. Whenever I have a key held down on my keyboard and a few seconds afterwards, the left click...
  7. My keyboard is acting weird when keys are held down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is acting weird when keys are held down: Whenever I hold down any key for longer than around a second it starts doing its actions way too fast, for example when I hold backspace for 2 seconds it deletes half of my paragraph or whenever I press "a","b" or any other letter or symbol it starts writing like 50 of them...
  8. When held down, the Ctrl key rapidly repeats

in Windows 10 Customization
    When held down, the Ctrl key rapidly repeats: With the last two versions of Windows 10 pro, my ctrl key cannot be held down without the result rapidly repeating. This is evidenced by a circle on the screen which appears to be blinking really fast. Normally the ctrl key would indicate where the mouse is. It still does,...
  9. Key is held down (not physically) and no other key will work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Key is held down (not physically) and no other key will work.: So I was playing roblox screwing around and all of the sudden my W key gets pushed down and my fan starts to work up, no other key responds and it won’t turn off whatever I do. Please help submitted by /u/not_Beta [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 thinks a key is being held down, even with the keyboard held down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 thinks a key is being held down, even with the keyboard held down: Windows (1903) now thinks that a key is being held down, even when there's no keyboard connected. At first it was the "k" key, and now the "s" key. This has rendered this PC pretty much unusable, and reformatting isn't an option as this is my gaming PC with a crap ton of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot left click when holding keys