Windows 10: Left click not working

Discus and support Left click not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 left click not working on touch pad. External mouse same thing. When I remote into computer it works fine. ???? 98541 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BryWY, Nov 19, 2017.

1. BryWY Win User

Left click not working

Windows 10 left click not working on touch pad. External mouse same thing. When I remote into computer it works fine. ????

:)

BryWY, Nov 19, 2017

2. Left click not working when left click on any file window not responding and you have to force to close the windows... Any solution

Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed? See how to verify:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Which version and edition Windows did you originally upgrade from or was installed prior to your current version:

Windows 10 - 1703, 1607, 1511, 1507 (build 10240)

Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro

Press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Mice and other pointing devices.

Right click on the Mouse and click uninstall

Press Alt + F4

Press the Windows key + X

Press the letter U

Press the letter R

Restart in Normal mode and see if the mouse works.

OR

Press Windows key + X

Press the 'M' key

Press tab once

Use the down arround to select Mice and other pointing devices.

Press the right arrow to expand Mice and other pointing devices.

Use the down arrow again to select your HID-Compliant mouse

Press the right click menu key on your keyboard (usually located between the Alt and Control keys)

Select uninstall

Hit Enter

Press Alt + F4

Press the Windows key + X

Press the letter U

Press the letter R

Restart

Andre Da Costa, Nov 19, 2017
  3. Left click not working when left click on any file window not responding and you have to force to close the windows... Any solution

Hi MMQureshi,

Did this just start happening? After a recent update? I feel like it's explorer.exe not responding correctly.

let me know and we'll go from there!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Nov 19, 2017
Thema:

Left click not working

1. Left click not working - Similar Threads - Left click working

2. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Left Click not working.........: the left click of my mouse doesnt work properly i have tried different mices but the problem resists . The left click works but sometimes it just doesnt work . Like when i click on something to open it its like nothing happens then i need to smash the left click severl times...
  3. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left click not working: When ever I left click my mouse deletes my stuff, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-left-click-not-working/38226cb9-8bc6-4995-9e1c-5e1f4f1b9402
  4. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse left click not working: When ever I left click my mouse deletes my stuff, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-left-click-not-working/38226cb9-8bc6-4995-9e1c-5e1f4f1b9402
  5. Left Click Working as Right Click

Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  6. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  7. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Left click not working

Left click not working: HelloIve been having an issue with my left click not working on my PC for a few months now - which has steadily gotten worse.It generally occurs if i play games or edit documents - i suspect it comes from using left click too much in a short period of time. But i have not...
  9. Left click not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left click not working: My laptop not responding to ny left click idk why it's so annoying submitted by /u/rsydxn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/knxc57/left_click_not_working/
  10. left click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    left click not working: USB mouse or touchpad primary click seems to be disabled. Tried reinstalling driver. Double tap on keypad works fine. Left click works virtually over remote control ...just not local. 96431