Windows 10: Left click on mouse works..SOMETIMES..any suggestions?

Discus and support Left click on mouse works..SOMETIMES..any suggestions? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The left clicker on my wired mouse works sometimes. The driver is up to date...any suggestions before I just buy another one? It took me 20 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fidel, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Fidel Win User

Left click on mouse works..SOMETIMES..any suggestions?

The left clicker on my wired mouse works sometimes. The driver is up to date...any suggestions before I just buy another one?

It took me 20 minutes to make this thread because I couldn't click from the thread title line into the comment box.

:)

Fidel, Jan 18, 2017
  2. NoahEllam Win User

Mouse left click SOMETIMES acts as right click

So first of all I just want to make it clear that I know about switching which mouse button is the primary button and am 100% sure I'm on the right setting (left click as normal click and right click as open context menu etc) so please don't suggest that
    I check/uncheck the box in mouse properties.

So every 5-10 left clicks (it's completely random) my mouse registers a right click (I have done this very slowly to make sure I wasnt accidentally hitting right click somehow) so if I spam left click every so often the context menu appears as if I right
    clicked. Also before anybody suggests that I buy a new mouse I bought 3 (1 wireless and 2 wired of different brands) when I upgraded my PC last because I had another seperate but equally as annoying mouse bug and on ALL 3 this bug occurs, I have completely
    reinstalled windows on a fresh harddrive, none of my pc bits at all apart from the case are even the same as the last time I had a mouse bug (I replaced literally everything but case) and I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers countless times.

I have scoured google for weeks and found nothing, I really am out of ideas. Any help would be much appreciated.

NoahEllam, Jan 18, 2017
  3. Mouse left click SOMETIMES acts as right click

Hi Noah,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the mouse on your PC may be caused by some configuration or the device driver is not yet updated. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article about the
    mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows.
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if you're able to use the device properly.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jan 18, 2017
  4. Left click on mouse works..SOMETIMES..any suggestions?

Plug in a different mouse.

The Pool Man, Jan 18, 2017
  5. Wullail Win User
    Sounds like a mouse wire , connection or switch has gone , time to get another mouse.

Wullail, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Left click on mouse works..SOMETIMES..any suggestions?

1. Left click on mouse works..SOMETIMES..any suggestions? - Similar Threads - Left click mouse

2. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Left Click not working.........: the left click of my mouse doesnt work properly i have tried different mices but the problem resists . The left click works but sometimes it just doesnt work . Like when i click on something to open it its like nothing happens then i need to smash the left click severl times...
  3. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Left Click not working.........: the left click of my mouse doesnt work properly i have tried different mices but the problem resists . The left click works but sometimes it just doesnt work . Like when i click on something to open it its like nothing happens then i need to smash the left click severl times...
  4. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse left click not working: When ever I left click my mouse deletes my stuff, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-left-click-not-working/38226cb9-8bc6-4995-9e1c-5e1f4f1b9402
  6. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left click not working: When ever I left click my mouse deletes my stuff, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-left-click-not-working/38226cb9-8bc6-4995-9e1c-5e1f4f1b9402
  7. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes...

Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes...: Every time I click with my mouse, it either acts normally or does the exact opposite click. I've changed mouses 3 times so I know that that isn't the problem. It only happens once in every 5 clicks or so, it's getting really annoying....
  9. Left click Highlighting of any text does not work correctly & Sometimes it double clicks on...

Left click Highlighting of any text does not work correctly & Sometimes it double clicks on...: Left click Highlighting of any text does not work correctly Sometimes double clicks on single click The issue happens on multiple systems – I have 5 computer systems 1 desktop 4 Laptop various makes/models Custom Desktop Lenovo Legion Y520 Lenovo Yoga 710 HP Specter...
  10. left mouse click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    left mouse click not working: Hi i'm not very microsoft literate so i need some very basic support. my problem is i have lost the left click on my mouse. i managed to use keyboard to access the settings and change to right click as main button and now have this functionality. if i return to left click...